• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Party? Help Needed with Food Ideas!

In summary, the host is having a show for the last Sunday in November at 1100. There are 80 people invited, but it's unlikely that she'll have to worry about that many coming. She needs ideas for food to be served, and suggests the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares and serving it with cut fruit layered in the Trifle Bowl.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
Ok ladies I need your help with this one. I am still kinda new just finished my 90th day. I have a show for the last sunday in november at 1100. No big deal you say. She is inviting over 80 people. AAAHHHHH! I need ideas for food to be served. I/she will make some ahead of time but I don't even know what I could demo if anything at all. Help please.:confused:

You'll definitely want to get a count of confirmed attendees before the show. Just because she's inviting 80 doesn't mean there will be anywhere near that many there. :) Since it's late morning on a Sunday, I imagine that a lot of people will be at church, unless it's in a circle that doesn't have Sunday morning services (Jewish, Muslim, etc.).I'd recommend the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares - if you can't do the ham in them because of dietary restrictions (see above comment about Jewish, Muslim, etc.), then add more veggies to it. Serve it with cut fruit layered in the Trifle Bowl. The squares are easy and can be cut into pretty small pieces before they start to fall apart, making them good for a large group. And fruit is always a hit, plus it'll show off the Trifle Bowl, which is on special for hosts in December.

Hey Jaime!!!

I find that around here, people still like to see a demo, but with a large crowd, keep it SHORT.

And keep in mind that even though 80 people are invited, not all will come. One of my last shows had 65 invites sent but only about 18 people came.

One other consideration is seating. I've found that at shows where everyone is sitting in rows (stadium seating style) they tend to not talk as much as shows where we're all just strewn about the living room, if that makes sense. :)

I'm sure Michele or Kris could give you some tips, too, or email me for my number. :)

chefann said:
You'll definitely want to get a count of confirmed attendees before the show. Just because she's inviting 80 doesn't mean there will be anywhere near that many there. :) ....
Yes, I agree. It's AWESOME that she's inviting that many, but it's pretty unlikely that she'll have to worry about that many coming. I had someone recently invite 70 and she only had 8 show up. However, she did have a TON Of outside orders, which got her to over $1000. Definitely make sure she does reminder calls (holy cow, that's a lot to remind!:eek: ) and follow up with those who can't come because the outside order potential could be HUGE!! Especially with the holidays coming. Have fun and, I agree, try to make it on the shorter side if you have a huge crowd. Good luck!!!:)

Looks like I "win"...I had a host invite 100 (!!), only 6 showed up (3 "pairs" of friends/spouses...two left without placing an order :mad: . Even though we talked multiple times about inviting people personally AND calling to remind them, I found out he just handed the invites to anyone he passed at church...no follow up calls.

Tell her how great it is she has that many friends :) but REALLY encourage her to make everyone feel personally invited by calling every one.

As for recipes....I like the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. They are always a hit at my shows and can be cut small. A recipe in the trifle bowl is good too since that can feed alot.

Good Luck!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Looks like I "win"...I had a host invite 100 (!!), only 6 showed up (3 "pairs" of friends/spouses...two left without placing an order :mad: .
Oh man, what a bummer!!!:cry:

Related to Planning a Party? Help Needed with Food Ideas!

1. What types of food should I serve at a Pampered Chef party?

At a Pampered Chef party, it's best to serve bite-size appetizers or finger foods that are easy to prepare and eat. Some popular options include mini quiches, meat and cheese platters, and fruit skewers. Our products also lend themselves well to dips, so consider making a few different kinds to showcase our kitchen tools.

2. Can I accommodate dietary restrictions at my Pampered Chef party?

Yes, absolutely! We have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free. You can also adapt our recipes to fit specific restrictions by substituting ingredients or providing alternative options.

3. How much food should I plan for at my Pampered Chef party?

As a general rule, plan for about 6-8 bites per person for a 1-2 hour party. If your party is longer or if you have a larger group, you may want to increase the amount of food. It's always better to have some leftovers than to run out of food.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make the food for my party?

Yes, that's one of the great things about our parties! Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier, so feel free to use them to prepare the food for your party. You can also showcase our products by using them to serve the food.

5. Do I need to provide drinks at my Pampered Chef party?

You are not required to provide drinks, but it's always a nice touch to offer some refreshments for your guests. Consider providing a variety of non-alcoholic options, such as water, soda, and juice. You can also have some wine or cocktails available for those who would like to indulge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jinkies
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC