• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plan Your Black Friday Shopping: Preview Deals at bfads.net

In summary, this person does not like Black Friday and does not go out shopping the day after Thanksgiving. They go out shopping the next day. They go to different stores in their mall. They usually try to win prizes in the contests.

Do you shop Black Friday?

• Total voters
Cassie1037
Gold Member
Do you go out shopping the day after Thanksgiving? If so, where are you going this year? I will be at Kohl's at 4am, then to Walmart, and Toys R Us by 5am.

Preview Black Friday ads at: bfads.net

Last edited:
No... I will sit at home and IF I do ANY shopping... it will be online, in the comfort of my own home, where I can compare prices to my heart's content and be in my jammies with my cup o' coffee AND not wonder if my car will get broken into or worry about lines or any of that. Nope... I do NOT do Black Friday's out... never have and I dare say, never will. The idea of getting up early, trudge out in the dark and cold... nope... don't like to do it for work where I MAKE money, not gonna do it to SPEND money. LOL...

Those are just my opinions though. I don't think folks crazy for going out it's just NOT for me. :cool:

Yes, I am one of those crazy people!!:p I will be at best buy to get a laptop computer. ;)

Not me, I NEVER shop on Black Friday! There just isn't a deal out there that can make me face that kind of insanity.

I went out a couple of years but this year I am staying home. If I go anywhere, it'll be to Staples. LOL

I ventured out one year to Toys R Us and the people were so vast in number that I decided I would NEVER do it again!

I am one of the crazies out there! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it !
I figure as long as you go EXPECTING to wait in lines (outside) and expecting crowds you'll be fine! That is the only thing that aggrivates me is when people are rude about waiting or grumpy, I mean it's to be expected so if you don't like it STAY HOME!!:D

I go with a girlfriend every year we leave as early as 4:30 and have come home as late as 10pm. We have breakfast lunch and dinner and shop our little hearts out!

I hate shopping in crowds... I can shop online without the noise, mess, lines and yucky people. I usually scope out what I want for everyone in the stores and then compare prices and shop online.

If I need something I will. But I don't think I would wait in a line outside.

I need an option to say I'll be at work... :(

well last year I went to Curcit City at 230am thinking noone wold be there yet . ha the line was already started , i didn't get the Laptop sold out in 5 min , I was so cold I coldn't stand it so NEVER NEVER AGAIN will I go out so early

I don't do the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas. I went into Target the morning after Thanksgiving on year to get shampoo on my way to work and was caught in a cart-accident between to crazed women. It was ugyly and I was actually injured and bleeding from a scrape. All I wanted was shampoo!!!!! Needless to say, I will be avoiding all shopping this weekend!!!

I love to go out on Friday morning, but I go with my (almost 13) daughter. We will be hittng JC Penney's first for the free Disney Snow Globe. Next to Belk for a free gift card. Next to the middle of our mall for a goodie bag and a chance to win prizes. Finally to Shoe Carnival to try and win the $100 gift certificate drawing at 7:00 and 9:00.

We love to try and win the contests! A few years ago we won several gift certificates at Rack Room Shoes and a digital camera from Shoe Carnival. It is so much fun!

pamperedlinda said:
Not me, I NEVER shop on Black Friday! There just isn't a deal out there that can make me face that kind of insanity.

This is exactly what I would have posted - if Linda hadn't posted it first!:D

I managed a Bookstore for several years, and was on the other side of Black Friday.........NEVER will I shop that day! Besides, from what I keep hearing in the news, the best deals are still to come this season.....

I am one of the those crazies out there! I go every year. Its just a rush for me!

pamperedlinda said:

It's so friggin cold out, I would have to drive 1 hour just to hit the stores and stand in line. Most people I hear have the same experience of just missing that great special. Bless you all that do it. I also will not shop the day before Christmas too. I made that mistake once...it took 45 minutes just to get in and out of the parking lot. I never even parked! (Normally, it would take 5 to 7 minutes MAX!)

They would have to be giving away something of great value and guarantee that everyone would get a free "something good". Even then, my warm bed sounds MUCH more like a bargain!!!

I too was a manager of retail stores for years before PC ( TJ MAXX, GAP and a few more) so know what its like during the holidays SOOOOOOOOO glad I am not open opening a store at 2am

chef131doreen said:
I too was a manager of retail stores for years before PC ( TJ MAXX, GAP and a few more) so know what its like during the holidays SOOOOOOOOO glad I am not open opening a store at 2am
2:00 am is just insane! I cannot believe the hours that some of these stores are opening. I worked retail in the past and I too had to work the day after Thanksgiving, the day before and the day after Christmas. It was bad enough when I was getting paid to do it, but to go there voluntarily - not this girlie. I know that it is a tradition and most people are pleasant, but there's just enough of the rude, pushy, me first people out there to spoil it for me. I'll go shopping during the week while most people are working and DS is in school!

For those of you brave/insane enough to do it - I hope ya'll have a fantastic time and get lots and lots of bargains! HO HO HO!!!

I love to shop the day after Thanksgiving. My neice (who is now 17) and I have been going for about 5 or 6 years now. I gotta get to bed, we are leaving at 2:30am!!!!

I usually do go out. Last year I was in Toys R Us at 5:30am. But this year I am staying home, I am 8 months pregnant and the last thing I want to deal with are the crowds. Maybe if I do go anywhere it will be after 2pm when all of the crazy people who got up at 4am are home sleeping.

I never go out - always have the kids at home and the last thing they would want to do is go shopping - I plan on sleeping in like I've been doing all week -I did some shopping on amazon.com which is quick and easy and I got free shipping! Will shop in the stores when the kids are in school - still lots of time before Christmas - good luck everyone who goes out!

ChefBeckyD said:
Besides, from what I keep hearing in the news, the best deals are still to come this season.....

I hope so!

I went out last year (not THAT early, maybe 7 or 8am?) and the lines were just CRAZY and the people were SO RUDE! I only went to Kohls and then went home. Funny thing is, I went 2 days later and the sales were the SAME with NO LINES! I didn't understand that...I thought the advertised specials were for Friday and Saturday..

I have gone for the past 4 years or so and plan to go again tomorrow. I can't believe they are opening earlier every year. 6 Am used to be the early bird special now it's 4am at some places! I am going to Kohl's though at 4, so hopefully I get some good deals.
Then off the Toys R Us at 5am and to the main mall at 6am!

Happy Thanksgiving & Happy Shopping Ladies!

Ick. It's icky.

We went to Best Buy at 2:30 this morning. The line was already all the way around the back of the store. Some people said they got in line at 1:30 YESTERDAY afternoon and they had their chairs and tents and everything. Is there anything in Best Buy that I need that bad?? NO NO NO. I won't give up my Thanksgiving to stand in line.
So, they ran out of tickets for the item we went for at 3:35am so off to Walmart. I got 4 High School Musical games for $10 each and a DVD. Off to K Mart we went and got some LEGOS.
I have since come back home for the DH to go to work and I can stay with the kids. I went back to sleep for 2 1/2 hours and now am just waiting on DH to call and tell me what time he will get off work (normally by 11am). Then I will get the kids to him and my neice and I will head out for the rest of the day and come home around midnight.

Funny by the looks of this poll it's amazing how busy the stores were this morning!

My niece went out this morning. I saw her yesterday and she said I could give her a list of what I wanted from the ads. She gat everything except the TV that I really wanted, from Target. She got there just before 6am and said the line was a few hundred long and the TV's went right away.

Kohl's wasn't too bad at 4am but OMG, TRU was a MADHOUSE at 5am! It took us nearly an hour and a half to ring out and get out of there! The main mall wasn't nearly as bad!

Got most all of my shopping done though thankgoodness! ONly have a few more online purchase left! ;)

heat123 said:
Kohl's wasn't too bad at 4am but OMG, TRU was a MADHOUSE at 5am! It took us nearly an hour and a half to ring out and get out of there! The main mall wasn't nearly as bad!

Got most all of my shopping done though thankgoodness! ONly have a few more online purchase left! ;)
It was quite the opposite for me. Kohl's was a mad house, as this was the first year they did a sale in my area. I got at Kohls at 4:15 and was in line by 4:25, only to wait in line for 1.5 HOURS!!! So, then went to target, shopko and Toys R Us and got to work by 8! I have had my midmorning break and got Dutch Bros, might need Red Bull by lunch time. :yuck:

I slept in until nearly 10am. I haven't done that in years! I woke at just before 7, rolled over and zonked back out! It was the best bargain I could have gotten anywhere!!!!!!!! :)

I worked until 7 am this morning, and was going to go straight home. I actually have all my Christmas shopping done; however, somehow my car managed to turn the wrong way and I ended up in Kohl's parking lot:D . I bought some bed sheets that were drastically reduced (and I desperately needed), and a few small odds and ends. The best part, though, was that Kohl's was pretty slow, so I took my receipts from the past week and a half to the customer service desk (no one in line - I walked right up). The clerk ran product adjustments for me and I got over $70 back! Now THAT was worth it!

dianevill said:
I worked until 7 am this morning, and was going to go straight home. I actually have all my Christmas shopping done; however, somehow my car managed to turn the wrong way and I ended up in Kohl's parking lot:D . I bought some bed sheets that were drastically reduced (and I desperately needed), and a few small odds and ends. The best part, though, was that Kohl's was pretty slow, so I took my receipts from the past week and a half to the customer service desk (no one in line - I walked right up). The clerk ran product adjustments for me and I got over $70 back! Now THAT was worth it!
Speaking of Sales! I walked out of there at around $100 for two nice outfits, and a nice watch and a ring! Gotta love those 30%-40% OFF plus my %15 off additional coupon!:love:

I voted no on the poll, but ended up going. My first Black Friday experience!! It wasn't too bad. We didn't go out at 4am. We wouldn't have stood a chance against the crazies that camped out there overnight. We started at about 9:30am. We hit Costco (I got toilet paper--HUGE deal :D), then on to TRU (got lots of stuff for my 4yo daughter), from there we were going to go to Target, but instead went to Circuit City (why oh why?!...the place was a madhouse..oh, but we got a sweet 42" plasma tv for a cherry deal), we broke for lunch at Marie Callendar's (very nice-I'm still full), and finished up at Macy's.

All in all it wasn't the torture I was expecting. I don't understand how a store can advertise a 2-day sale, but only have enough stock for 4 hours?!! If they only have 10 then they should put of 5 one day and 5 the next!

I went to Target right a 6 AM just to buy Play Dough - BOGO. I just wanted to be done before the really huge crowds were out during the day. I didn't even comb my hair or brush my teeth before I left the house. The line at Target was sooo long, but once I went inside I was in and out in 15 minutes or less. It was quite cold, though. Then I went to Macy's and bought myself some clothes. Was home before 9 am. Quite tired tonight, though. I usually do go out, but I actually bought a Wii on Wednesday, so I didn't have to stand in line for that today. I really lucked out on the Wii. I didn't even know if the store would have any, but when I arrived the line was three people long because a delivery was actually coming at some point. I only had to wait less than an hour and I was inside the entire time. Pretty happy that I got it on my first try.

I may go shopping tomorrow but I just got hired at Jenny Craig and today is my first day of consultant training - Was worried more about being late. I may venture out for some new clothes for my new job Wish me luck!!

I'm all done with my Christmas shopping already. We don't have black Friday over here, but I never went when we lived in the US either. I try to get all my shopping done before December.

Of course I went shopping. It's a tradition!I have few rules for shopping on Black Friday:1) Never go to electronic stores. If you absolutely must, make it mid-afternoon. Most of the crazies have left by that time.2) Never go into toy stores. Period. The people in the toy stores make those in the electronic stores look like models of sanity.3) Dress comfortably. I never wear a coat. (I do keep one in the car, though.) If it's really cold, I wear gloves. I can easily tuck those into my small backpack. Comfortable shoes are, of course, a necessity.4) Stop at mid-day for a good meal. Seriously. With the early morning and rushing around, I think it's imperative to sit down and have a good meal. It gives me energy for the rest of the day.I'm sure it depends on the city (I was in Indianapolis), but I didn't have bad traffic, and the only crowd problem I had was in a mall. I chose not to take advantage of the special deal at Bath & Body Works because I couldn't see waiting in line for about 45 minutes in order to get a $9.50 bottle of stuff free.My Christmas shopping is done. (Okay, all except a bit of The Furry Guy's family. They've had a lot of drama surrounding Christmas the last couple of years, and we aren't sure what kind of exchange (if any) will be happening this year.) I even have all the stocking stuffers.I finished early, so I picked up a bottle of wine at a local winery I'd been meaning to check out. I also picked up a pizza. The Furry Guy and I had a relaxing meal while we watched a movie. The perfect ending to a perfect day of shopping. Nice!

My Black Friday day started sleeping in. I did non stop laundry, put up the tree (still waiting for the cat to get bored with it so I can decorate it!!) And did some long over due cleaning.

My problem is that I don't get ideas from others or on my own until late. I have gone out on Black Friday in the late afternoon and evening.

Sounds like you all had pretty good luck without too much hassle. Congrats!! Want to do my shopping now?!?!

I love to shop, Ann. If you weren't so far away, I'd be glad to help you out. Spending other people's money is one of my favorite things. :)As for overdue cleaning, The Furry Guy and I decided that we need the occasional holiday or party in order to force us to do the things we know we should already have done. My house is all clean and sparkly.

.I did not go shopping until mid afternoon. There was nothing in the sales ads worth getting up at 3 am for. My sister and I went to K Mart after lunch Thanksgiving Day...it has become our tradition. I went for a Wii...they were suppose to be on sale...but of course our store didn't even get any. It really is aggravating to stand in line for something only to be told that they only received 10 to begin with...or that they didn't even get any. My thoughts are that those types of things shouldn't even be put in the paper...just announce over the intercom that you have 10 boys bicyles for $$...or even better, just stick them out with a sign. I bet people will find them.

I have seen people with 10 of something...dvd players, etc...in their cart. I have seen people take things out of other people's baskets when they were looking at something on the shelf. I have seen people run over people with their cart, get into fights with people over red and green m&ms...I have seen it all. And then, I have been frustrated to not be able to get something for my kids, only to find after I check out that there are baskets of the item at the service desk that people hoarded and then after checking out decided they didn't want. Black Friday shopping is CRAZY around here.

People out there SCARE me!!! Our mall handed out 200 vip (get in early) passes on Thanksgiving at 7pm. At 6:30 there were over 2000 people waiting to get one. On black friday they broke the doors and trampled people getting in. I have a friend who works at an Office Max and her boss got yelled at by people waiting to get in because she was "cutting". Geesh....sales are NOT worth that!!!

i like to roll out of bed at 3:45am just for the excitement. I rarely buy anything but just seeing everyone out there in their jammies looking half-asleep shopping is just fun to me! This is the second year in a row I went, and my friend and I had such a great time it wouldn't have mattered if neither one of us found a thing!

Related to Plan Your Black Friday Shopping: Preview Deals at bfads.net

1. Do I have to go out shopping on Black Friday?

No, you do not have to go out shopping on Black Friday. Many retailers now offer their Black Friday deals online, so you can shop from the comfort of your own home.

2. How can I preview Black Friday deals at bfads.net?

You can preview Black Friday deals at bfads.net by visiting the website and browsing through the ads from various retailers. You can also sign up for their email newsletter to receive updates on the latest deals.

3. Can I plan my Black Friday shopping using bfads.net?

Yes, you can plan your Black Friday shopping using bfads.net. The website allows you to create a shopping list and track the deals you are interested in.

4. Will all retailers have their Black Friday ads on bfads.net?

No, not all retailers will have their Black Friday ads on bfads.net. The website only features ads from select retailers, so it is best to check the website periodically for updates.

5. Are there any exclusive deals on bfads.net for Black Friday?

Yes, there may be exclusive deals on bfads.net for Black Friday. The website partners with certain retailers to offer special discounts or promotions, so be sure to check the website for any exclusive deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefShalon
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sklay723