• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Your Thoughts on Black Friday?

usually 50-70% off. I have only gone to stores that are close to me. I would not go to stores like target or walmart. I have never had a problem.I have been going to black friday since it started. I love it! I always get great deals, and it's a lot of fun.
WLMcCoy
Just curious... Do you think it's fun, not worth it, or what?

I personally love it! Even if I don't buy a thing, my mom & I always leave my house at 4:30am and meet my aunts.. We shop all day & usually don't get home until that evening!

BTW, a great site is Black Friday Ads for Black Friday 2008 and Black Friday Deals!

Thanks for the link - I was hoping someone here would post something!!

I'm almost as excited for Black Friday as I am for Thanksgiving Day!! We're getting a group of girls to go this year. Will be sooo much fun. Doesn't matter if money is spent - it's the adventure of the day that counts!

Last year my sister, daughter, and I went to Kohl's. The line to the cash register went around the entire store. We started talking to the people in line with us, laughing, and taking turns holding spots while others went to do more shopping. I've heard the horror stories, but the two times I've been so far, I haven't experienced anything like those stories.

Thanks for the link to the sites! I'll have to check that out for sure. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Black Friday. My sister-in-law and I have been doing it for like 13 years now and have this entire system that starts pretty much right after dinner on Thanksgiving Day, involves the entire sales ad section, envelopes, scissors, lists and time frames. We actually divide up what people want by where it's on sale at for the cheapest, and the hours that store has the special and then we know where to hit first and exactly what to get at each store! It's quite "interesting" seeing our whole process - but the whole family knows they better have their wants list ready for us, and then to keep the kids away for a while!!! :D

I don't shop on Black Friday at all. This year, I am staying home with my own "Fabulous Black Friday Sale" for PC and hope to have lots and lots of orders! I hate to get up early and hate to fight crowds, so I'm just not a Black Friday shopper!

Here are a couple more links from a local newsletter I get by email.

Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2008 Website

The "Cent"sible Sawyer: Black Friday Deals at Walmart!

thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com also has some great coupons links as well!

I personally would not leave my house for anything until atleast noon, and then I probably will not hit any stores, although my sister is coming into town and wants me to go out in the afternoon to hit the goodwill and salvation army stores. We need to find costumes for a christmas costume party!

I have never gone shopping on black friday. This year may be my first, I hope it goes well.

i have been once and found that was the year i actually got most of my friends and their kids presents. i think the early shopping and great deals worked out to let me afford to give "more generously" than usual. although, i have been told that i "gave too much" last year. oh well, i spoil when i can and black friday halp me do that.

I've done the Black Friday thing for about 17 years. It started out with my mom. She moved to Florida about 10 years ago, so I now do it by myself. I love it. Here's my theory. It's the best day to go shopping because:1. The stores are usually prepared for the crowds. Except for electronic stores, toy stores, and Jo-Ann Fabric, I rarely experience long lines.2. Only people who like to shop are out that day. People who don't like to shop put it off until closer to Christmas. The worst time to shop is the last week before Christmas. That's when the grumpy shoppers are out.3. The crowds aren't nearly as bad as people think. It's not the busiest shopping day of the year. That is the Saturday before Christmas. If the weather's good, the crowds are bigger than if there's a bit of drizzle or it's really cold.

After getting the black friday link here last year I went black Friday shopping for the first time everlast year. It was amazing!! I got incredible deals...and some were not advertised! I got a $50 incredbly huge and warm throw for $7.50! I bought 3 and wished I had purchased 20! I saved so much money on Christmas gifts...it is well worth getting up early and going. We were finished shopping by 7:00am, went to breakfast and had a great start to the day.

I already have plans to go again.

I have been going for 6 yrs now. I love going, I always get great deals. I am hoping there are some great deals. I need to look at the ads. We usually hit shopko 1st then target then toys r us. We usually go were I want to go cause I am usually doing the shopping, I am the only one with kids right now.

I like the deals and the shopping. I do not like the long lines but I love the savings! Also I must say that I do not like getting up at 3:30 in the monring either but oh well! LOL

I've been going for as long as I remember. Mom doesn't come with anymore but I like being out and about when the majority of people are in a good holiday spirit. I've learned to avoid the electronics stores. I went last year just to get 2 DVD's and ended up spening 45 minutes in line (it wasn't so bad, I ended up chatting with people in line around me). I usually go to the mall, a couple of drug stores, maybe target & walmart. My little secret is that usually the stuff that I buy on black Friday is for me. I generally have most my shopping for everyone else done by then

I have never gone out for BF. I was tempted this year, but I have to take my dog to the vet at 9:00, so there goes the early bird specials. Plus, DS is with me and he's not into shopping. So, while the dog is getting her teeth cleaned (and wiping out my Nov commission) I will be, hopefully, collecting Pampered Chef orders from my own Black Friday sale.

Have fun!!

I live in VA and go every year. But we spend every other Thanksgiving at my inlaws in NJ and I love shopping there even more! They still have blue-collar laws where they live so some of the stores aren't open as early as the other ones. The first year I went shopping there, I got to Target when they opened, got what I needed and got out, and was at Kohl's in the next town over when they opened because they couldn't open until 7am! It was great getting into both places when they first opened!

I don't get an opportunity to shop BF because I work in retail (our logo is a really cute dog with a red ring around his eye) and I always work that day. I love it though! It is a lot of fun working the crowds. I do have to say though, if you watch throughout the year you can usually get the same deals or better. But I really think for most, it's a tradition and they shop black friday for the fun of it.

I LOVE to shop on Black Friday. We leave at 3:45am and won't come home till around midnight. I sometimes don't even need a whole lot of stuff but love to be out on that day.

Cooker Girl, where in VA do you live?

I would rather put hot coals in my eye sockets than spend one minute out shopping on Black Friday. I did it once years ago, and never will I subject myself to that ever again.

Does anyone have a flyer or something on what you are sending out to past customers for Black Friday sales?

I am just outside of Fredericksburg, VASarah, I just looked at a map. I'm actually not too far from you, about an hour away. I live in King George, on the other side of Fredericksburg from you.

BadGirl said:
I would rather put hot coals in my eye sockets than spend one minute out shopping on Black Friday. I did it once years ago, and never will I subject myself to that ever again.

Me too! My SIL was in town one year. Her family always does it so she wanted us to join her. Well, my stepmother couldn't grasp the fact that SIL had planned out to a T where and when she wanted to go. Got up way to early, stood in line forever! Not fun for me, I'll sleep. Oh wait, no I won't, I work that day!

Last year my sister wanted me to go with her before I went to work! NO WAY!

That's okay. You two go ahead and stay in your warm little beds. That leaves two empty parking spots for us. Hee, hee. ;)

raebates said:
That's okay. You two go ahead and stay in your warm little beds. That leaves two empty parking spots for us. Hee, hee. ;)

I'll still be up at 5:30 that morning to go to work!

That's about the time I'll be leaving my house this year. I've decided to set it back a bit. I'm usually gone by 5. Of course, for me that mean I'll be getting up at my usual 4:10. Not much of a sacrifice.

Cooker_Girl said:
I am just outside of Fredericksburg, VA

Sarah, I just looked at a map. I'm actually not too far from you, about an hour away. I live in King George, on the other side of Fredericksburg from you.

Omigosh!!! You HAVE to join us!!! We'll most likely be doing Fredericksburg again this year! It is now turning into a huge event, with my sis sending out e-vites to have everyone come to her house (she lives in South Riding, which is just south of Chantilly), at around 10pm, we'll pull an all-nighter playing games, etc, then leave around 3:30am to get to the stores. It'll be too much fun. Even if you don't want to do the all-nighter part (but, I hope you do!), you should meet us for the shopping!

I hate Black Friday shopping. The crowds are insane and I've never been able to find the advertised items in the stores I go to, making getting up at 4am sort of ridiculous. This year, Santa is bringing one huge combined gift for all four kids (a Wii system and games) so my shopping will be pretty limited and can be done in dribs and drabs while the kids are in school.

Yip-yip-yahoo! Just received an email for Staples that included their Black Friday specials. The digital camera I want is going to be only $79.99. I told The Furry Guy last spring that I wanted a digital camera, but I didn't want to pay more than $50 out of pocket for it. Well, I have $36 in Staples rebate money (which they honor just like cash), $25 in cash from my mom for my birthday, and a $20 Visa gift card (received as part of a rebate offer). That means my camera will essentially be FREE as far as my out-of-pocket expenses!It's part of their 6 to 10 a.m. sale. I'll be there when the doors open at 6. I knew if I were patient and waited long enough I'd get what I wanted.

I don't leave the house on black Friday unless I absolutely have to. I just finished my black Friday shopping on Amazon, I got Kungfu Panda for 6.99 and Madagascar for 5.99 and several newer release cd's for 5.99 - 6.99

I've already been and come back. Didn't even bother with a store unless there was an ad that interested me. I walked up to Target just as they were opening...there was a line, but it was mostly dispersed by the time I got there (some had been waiting 30+ minutes to get in, and I walked in with no problem...gotta love it!). I also went to JC Penney, just for a few little things. My kids are only two, and there's no way I'm getting them up that early to drag them around with me, so I like Black Friday sales because DH got home from work at 5, I was out the door at 5:15 and home at 8:30. I don't have ALL my shopping done for Christmas, but I'm happy with what I did get done this morning!

Related to What Are Your Thoughts on Black Friday?

What Are Your Thoughts on Black Friday?

Black Friday is a highly anticipated shopping event that takes place the day after Thanksgiving. It is known for its massive sales and discounts, but it also has its fair share of controversy. As a company, we understand the excitement surrounding Black Friday but also recognize the potential downsides. Here are the five most frequently asked questions about our thoughts on Black Friday:

1. Is Pampered Chef participating in Black Friday sales?

Yes, as a company, we do participate in Black Friday sales. It is a great opportunity for our customers to get their favorite products at a discounted price. However, we also offer sales and promotions throughout the year, so if you miss out on Black Friday, you can still find great deals on our products.

2. Do you think Black Friday promotes consumerism and overspending?

We understand this concern and believe that it is up to each individual to use their discretion when it comes to spending. As a company, we encourage our customers to make smart and informed purchasing decisions, whether it's on Black Friday or any other day.

3. What measures does Pampered Chef take to ensure a safe and organized Black Friday shopping experience?

Our top priority is the safety and satisfaction of our customers. We work closely with our retail partners to ensure that all safety protocols and guidelines are followed during the Black Friday rush. We also have a dedicated customer service team available to assist with any questions or concerns.

4. Will there be any exclusive deals or promotions for Black Friday?

We cannot reveal any details about our Black Friday deals and promotions at this time. However, we do encourage our customers to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated on all our sales and promotions.

5. How do you handle the increased demand for products on Black Friday?

We do our best to prepare for the high demand and ensure that our products are well-stocked for Black Friday. However, in the unlikely event that a product does sell out, we offer multiple options for our customers, such as backorders, rain checks, or alternative products with similar features.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views