• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plan a Successful Christmas Bizarre: Venue Ideas for Direct Sales Businesses

In summary, Leslie is organizing vendor shows in two different communities, charging each show to cover the costs of the space and advertising. The writer suggests holding the show in a gym, community clubhouse, or local school or park district.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have alot of contacts that are into other direct sales businesses. We are wanting to put together a Christmas bizarre thingy. We can't find a place to hold it. Do you all have any ideas? Churches have a problem with the "profit" part of it. VFW is way too high!! The fairgrounds will be a problem because it will be too cold. Any help you all could give me would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Leslie

Try reserving a back room in a restaurant (on a weeknight) or one of those rooms in a hotel that people have wedding receptions in...I'm having a brain cramp! Hope that helps!
Alisha Freeman

I have organized 2 and working on the third vendor show (25 vendors this year) and we are having at the Rec Center for the second year in a row. We rented a small conference room in a hotel at one point but we were only at 8 vendors then. We do charge each home show to be a part of the event to pay for not only the space but for advertising.

I'm thinking anyplace with a gym. So maybe the local school or park district? Our park district has meeting rooms that even have kitchens. We did a fundraiser there and since we were doing a fundraiser, they didn't charge us for the room!

I know a woman in my neighborhood did one at her home. I don't think she had 25 vendors...where else? Local community clubhouse, YMCA, maybe a gym...anyplace that will rent space...even our local roller rink rents space out. Ooh how about a golf course? In the winter, they might welcome any use of their space...

I usually do mine at a local hotel, in their conference room. Last year we made ours bigger, with the help of a couple real estate agents; we all set up in some of their listed homes. It was really fun & different. Plus, there wasn't really any cost:)

I am trying this for the first time with a neighbor that sells Avon. She offered her house and we'll invite one more rep, either Discovery Toys or Party Lite. If it goes over well, we'll look at renting the community room in our park next year, or a room at a restaurant as you suggest.

We rent the local Knights of Columbus Hall for our Open House. They give us a great deal! It's a very large room with a kitchen and bar area. You could probably set up about 15-20 vendors depending on the size of the spots and they only charged us $50!

I LOVE getting together with the real estate agents! That is a KILLER idea! Great for all involved! I totally want to do this one now...there are a lot of spec homes and model homes around here...HMMMM. My wheels are turning! Hey Michele, you in?!

1. What type of venue should I choose for my direct sales business's Christmas bizarre?

When choosing a venue for your Christmas bizarre, it's important to consider the size and layout of the space. Look for venues that have ample room for vendors to set up their displays and for customers to browse comfortably. It's also beneficial to choose a venue with good lighting and easy access for customers.

2. How can I find affordable venues for my direct sales business's Christmas bizarre?

There are a few ways to find affordable venues for your Christmas bizarre. Consider reaching out to local community centers, schools, or churches to see if they have space available to rent. You can also ask other direct sales businesses in your area if they have any recommendations for affordable venues.

3. What are some unique venue ideas for a direct sales Christmas bizarre?

If you want to stand out from other Christmas bizarres, consider hosting your event at a non-traditional venue. Some unique ideas could include a brewery or winery, a local park or outdoor space, or even a shopping mall. These types of venues can attract a different crowd and offer a fun and memorable experience for customers.

4. How can I promote my direct sales business's Christmas bizarre at the chosen venue?

Make sure to take advantage of all the promotional opportunities at your chosen venue. This could include advertising on their website or social media pages, putting up flyers or posters in the space, or even offering special promotions to customers who visit your booth at the event. You can also promote your Christmas bizarre through your own social media channels and email list.

5. How can I ensure a successful Christmas bizarre at any venue?

To ensure a successful Christmas bizarre, it's important to plan ahead and be organized. Make sure to have a clear layout for the event and communicate it to all vendors. Offer a variety of products from different direct sales businesses to attract a larger audience. It's also helpful to provide refreshments and entertainment to keep customers engaged and happy. Lastly, make sure to have a plan in place for collecting payments and managing inventory.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies