• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Legal to Promote Two Direct Sales Businesses Together?

In summary, it would not be a violation for a consultant to have an answering machine that has a message from another consultant promoting her business. However, if the other consultant were doing a fair and had both products out for dispaly, that would be against the rules.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Another consultant asked me if this would be a violation. She discovered that another consultant started another direct sales business but on her answering machine she lists both businesses. Is she allowed to do this? I thought we weren't allowed to promote PC and any other kind of business together. I told the other consultant I would see what you guys thought about it.

To the best of my knowledge, this wouldn't be a violation if she is simply a consultant. An outgoing message on an answering machine isn't technically promoting a business. It just lets someone who is calling know they have the right person. Speaking about the other business at a show, on flyers, etc., would be promoting it.A director, on the other hand, is prohibited from selling with another DS company at all. At least, this is my understanding of the policy. i could be wrong.

I agree with you Rae. I don't think an answering machine constitutes advertising or promoting a business.

Now if she were doing a fair and had both products out for dispaly that would be against the rules. but on her ans. Machine no. But... If HO calls her for something and has to hear that msg... She may get some flack.

It is not a violation of policy to be involved in two or more companies as long as:
1. You are not a director or above in either company
2. The companies are not competitors (ie. Home Interiors & Home and Garden Party)
3. You can not promote the other companies while demonstrating for another of them.

I don't think they can really do anything about your answering machine, but I am not totally sure.

That is probably a question for HO. I don't think it is a violation, but not sure.

We were just wondering, nothing about calling HO to get her in trouble.

1. Can I promote two direct sales businesses together?

Yes, it is legal to promote two direct sales businesses together as long as you follow the policies and guidelines set by both companies.

2. Will promoting two direct sales businesses together affect my commissions or earnings?

It depends on the policies of each company. Some direct sales companies may have restrictions on promoting other businesses, while others may allow it. It is important to check with both companies to ensure you are following their guidelines and not risking your commissions or earnings.

3. Do I need to disclose that I am promoting two direct sales businesses together?

Yes, it is important to be transparent and disclose that you are promoting multiple businesses. This can help build trust with your customers and avoid any misunderstandings.

4. Can I use the same marketing materials for both businesses?

It is best to check with both companies before using the same marketing materials for both businesses. Some direct sales companies may have specific guidelines for marketing materials, and using the same materials for both businesses could potentially violate those guidelines.

5. Are there any legal implications for promoting two direct sales businesses together?

As long as you are following the policies and guidelines set by both companies, there should not be any legal implications. However, it is always a good idea to consult with a legal professional if you have any concerns about promoting multiple businesses together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd