• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Fair to Divide Shipping Costs Among Customers for Bulk Orders?

In summary, Karen is placing a big order for teachers at her school and is seeking help with logistics. The total order is $137.55, including $9.30 in tax and $14.75 in shipping. She plans to divide the shipping cost among customers, but is unsure about how to handle varying amounts of items per order for tax. She also asks if she can place the order using her name and address through her website. Another consultant suggests calculating individual tax and offering the option for customers to pay for their own shipping. They also confirm that orders can be placed through the consultant's website.
chefsolnick
So I am placing a big order for a bunch of teachers at my school and am confused about the logistics! I was hoping to get some help. So, the total order (without tax and shipping) is $113.50, tax is 9.30 and shipping 14.75. (Total=137.55) I was going to divide the shipping cost among the customers. Is that fair? Also, with tax: some have more items per order than others. How should I work that?

And one more thing: Can I place the order and use my name and address through my website?

Thanks! I appreciate any help!
Karen

I would figure out individual tax for each (ie Sally spent $20 so tax her on that, Bill spent $35, so tax him on that) and then split the shipping between all of them.Not sure about placing the order on your website though, I've never done that.

chefsolnick said:
Can I place the order and use my name and address through my website?

Yes, I just did that myself, and so did my upline =D

Our state tax is 8.625 here and the shipping cost is 15%.. we added 20% for tax and shipping to make it easier to figure out per order.

Hi Karen,

Congratulations on your big order for the teachers at your school! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would be happy to help you with the logistics of your order.

Firstly, dividing the shipping cost among the customers is a fair approach. However, you may want to consider offering the option for each customer to pay for their own shipping. This way, those with larger orders won't feel like they are paying for others' orders as well.

As for the tax, it would be best to calculate the tax for each individual order based on the items they have purchased. This may require a bit more work on your end, but it ensures that each customer is only paying for the tax on their own order.

Regarding your last question, yes, you can absolutely place the order using your name and address through your website. Just make sure to communicate this to your customers so they know where to expect their orders to come from.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy selling!

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I place an order for Pampered Chef products?

To place an order for Pampered Chef products, you can either order online through our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant. If you don't have a consultant, you can easily find one on our website by entering your zip code. Your consultant will assist you in placing an order and answer any questions you may have.

2. Can I track my order once it has been placed?

Yes, you can track your order by logging into your account on our website. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number that you can use to track the status of your package.

3. Is there a minimum purchase amount for placing an order?

No, there is no minimum purchase amount for placing an order for Pampered Chef products. However, we do offer free shipping on orders over $50.

4. What payment methods are accepted for placing an order?

We accept all major credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. You can also pay with PayPal or a Pampered Chef Gift Card.

5. Can I make changes to my order after it has been placed?

Unfortunately, we are unable to make changes to an order once it has been placed. If you need to make any changes, please contact your consultant or our customer service team as soon as possible for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • AMTC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies