• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adjusting Shipping Costs for Moving Business to Boston?

In summary, Beth is considering offering free shipping to guests for orders of $100 or more. Guests who order through her will also get $4 off their order.
AMTC
Gold Member
I've just moved my business from Florida to Boston where Kitchen stores are closeby to almost everyone. I have a lot of people who have placed orders and said they would order again, but they are having a hard time with the $4 shipping fee when they attend shows, or more if they place an individual order. I understand the shipping fees on Individual orders, but does anyone know if PC has ever considered adjusting the cost of the product line so the shipping fee is embedded in the item costs?

I'm considering offering free shipping for orders of a certain amount - does anyone do this and at what price point?

Thanks!

Let your guest know at the parties that if they book and host a show, within two weeks of the current show. That you will pay for their shipping but they must hold the show, meaning they have to payfor the shipping now and you reimburse them the four dollars they paid at the show they host.

AMTC said:
I'm considering offering free shipping for orders of a certain amount - does anyone do this and at what price point?

Thanks!
I am offering free shipping (to the host) with orders of $100 or more for the rest of 2006. Haven't done that before and I might keep it up if it makes a difference.

My commission will be at least $25 for that order so I think it will be well worth it if it raises my show average...

Beth, doesn't the host already get free shipping?

cmdtrgd said:
Beth, doesn't the host already get free shipping?
Sorry that wasn't clear.

Yes she does. This offer is for guests. If they want it direct shipped to their own home I'll give them $4 off with their $100 or more order. I think I'll add $200 order gets free shipping to the guest's home....

Last edited:

1. What is the process for adjusting shipping costs for moving my business to Boston?

The process for adjusting shipping costs for moving your business to Boston may vary depending on the specific circumstances of your move. However, in general, you will need to contact your current shipping company and inform them of your new location. They will then provide you with a quote for the updated shipping costs based on the distance and other factors such as the volume of your shipments and any additional services you may require.

2. Will my current shipping company be able to accommodate my business's move to Boston?

In most cases, your current shipping company should be able to accommodate your business's move to Boston. However, it is important to contact them as soon as possible to ensure they have availability and can provide you with an accurate quote for the adjusted shipping costs. If they are unable to accommodate your move, they may be able to refer you to another reputable shipping company.

3. How can I ensure that I am getting the best shipping rates for my move to Boston?

To ensure that you are getting the best shipping rates for your move to Boston, it is recommended to compare quotes from multiple shipping companies. You can also negotiate with your current shipping company to see if they can offer you a better rate or any discounts for your move. Additionally, consider consolidating your shipments or using a freight forwarding service to save on shipping costs.

4. Are there any additional fees or charges I should be aware of when adjusting shipping costs for my move to Boston?

When adjusting shipping costs for your move to Boston, there may be additional fees or charges that you should be aware of. These can include fuel surcharges, handling fees, and insurance fees. It is important to carefully review the quote provided by your shipping company and ask for clarification on any fees that you do not understand.

5. Can I deduct the adjusted shipping costs for my business's move to Boston on my taxes?

In most cases, you may be able to deduct the adjusted shipping costs for your business's move to Boston on your taxes. However, it is recommended to consult with a tax professional to determine if you qualify for any deductions and how to properly document them for tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies