• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Ring Recipe - Perfect for Your Host!

In summary, The recipe for the Pepperoni Pizza Twist is easy to follow and produces a delicious appetizer or snack.
katmom
I have a host that wants a pizza ring does anyone have a recipe. :confused:

Here is the pizza twist recipe. Maybe this will work. :)

Pepperoni Pizza Twist

Ingredients:
1 package (3.5 ounces) pepperoni slices, diced

1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped

2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley

1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 garlic clove, pressed

2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough

1 egg

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix

2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Dice pepperoni. Chop olives using. Snip parsley using kitchen shears. In a bowl, combine pepperoni, olives, parsley, mozzarella cheese, flour and garlic; mix well.

2. Place bread dough, seam sides up, on smooth side of a cutting board. Using a knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle additional flour evenly over dough. Using a baker's roller, roll dough crosswise to a 4-inch width, creating a well down center of each loaf.

3. Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an "X" pattern on a rectangle stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure "8," keeping ends of dough 1 inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist.

4. Separate egg over small bowl. (Discard yolk or set aside for another use.) Beat egg white and seasoning mix; lightly brush over dough. Using serrated bread knife, cut a 3-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling.

5. Grate Parmesan cheese over loaf. Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Serve with warm pizza sauce, if desired.

Yield: 16 appetizers or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 440 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper can be substituted for the olives.

This recipe makes a great presentation. Looks like something out of a magazine, but only takes minutes to prepare.
;)

I love the Pepperoni Pizza Twist...make it every Friday night for my family. The one thing you have to watch out for is to not overstuff it and to make sure you have the seems sealed. If the seams are not totally sealed, it will bust open and make a HUGE MESS!

Thank you so much, for the recipe. I can't wait to make it. I think that I will try it on my family this week. I joined Pampered Chef in March, so I am still new to everything, but this site has helped tons, and what made decide to do pampered chef for sure. Thanks again.

What ingredients do I need to make the Pizza Ring Recipe?

To make the Pizza Ring Recipe, you will need 1 pound of pizza dough, 1 cup of pizza sauce, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, your choice of pizza toppings, and 1 egg for egg wash.

How do I assemble the Pizza Ring?

First, roll out the pizza dough into a large circle. Then, spread the pizza sauce on top of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce. Add your desired pizza toppings on top of the cheese. Next, using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 16 equal-sized slices. Take each slice and fold it over the toppings, tucking the end underneath to create a ring shape. Brush the top of the ring with egg wash. Finally, bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Can I use a different type of dough for the Pizza Ring?

Yes, you can use any type of pizza dough for the Pizza Ring Recipe. For a healthier option, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free dough. If you prefer a flakier crust, you can use croissant dough instead.

How many servings does the Pizza Ring Recipe make?

The Pizza Ring Recipe can serve 4-6 people depending on how large you cut the slices. If you need to serve a larger group, you can easily double the recipe and make two pizza rings.

Can I make the Pizza Ring ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Pizza Ring ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze the assembled Pizza Ring for up to 1 month. When ready to bake, just thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cincychef
Replies
Views
yourpcgal
  • jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies