• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pink Recipes for May - Try the Strawberry Margarita Squares!

PINK!)In summary, the conversation revolved around ideas for pink recipes for the month of May. Suggestions included a Strawberry Margarita Squares dessert, a green salad with strawberries, a citrus salad with pink grapefruit, and using pink food coloring to make a Pink Lemonade Icecream cake or chocolate mint fudge. The idea of using the Trifle Bowl for a pink trifle recipe was also mentioned. Other suggestions included using strawberry cake mix in a silicone floral pan, making strawberry torte, tiny tarts with pink mousse, and decorating cupcakes with a pink ribbon design. Savory options were also discussed, such as Shrimp Ceviche Cups and Savory Ham Puffs.
Brandie
I am going to try to do pink recipes for May. I'm thinking of doing the Strawberry Margarita Squares (Delightful Desserts), but I haven't come up with a savory recipe. Any ideas?

hmmm... you could always add a little red food dye to an egg white and brush the white on a crescent roll ring/wreath/braid.

Bring Pink Lemonade in a Quick Stir Pitcher

Do a green salad with Strawberries in it (and make a comment that the green is all about raising the money to HWC)

Do something with Pink Grapefruit -- maybe someone has a grapefruit recipe -- a citrus salad maybe?

Find some of the Valentine's day recipes and substitute pink for red...

I have a pretty yummy cake combination in my fridge right now! I think I might make it in to a trifle...1 angel food cake, cut into chunks. (if you make it, you can add some red food coloring to color it pink!)
2 tubs cool whip (I used "free")
2 pkgs raspberry or strawberry jello (I used sugar free rasp)
Fresh Raspberries or StrawberriesFirst, mix the jello with 2/3 cup boiling water.
Fold/Whisk in 2 tubs of cool whip.Break up angel food cake, and layer in trifle bowl. Pour a layer of jello/cool whip mixture in. Add some berries. Repeat layers, and refrigerate. Jello/cool whip combination will set a little, whick will top it from making the cake mushy! Serve :)

Pink Lemonade Icecream cake in the Delightful Desserts cookbook. You would have to make one ahead of time but you could make a second one at the show and then take your pre-made one to show how to decorate it. It's fun and yummy and best of all it's PINK!Another idea in the same book is the Quick chocolate mint fudge. You can make it Pink with the food coloring and the best part is that it is made with the platter from the rectangle chillzanne which is the host special for June! Shows yet another way that this product is so versatile!:D

I would LOVE to hear about more pink trifle recipes! That one sounds good, but I plan to make pink recipes to bring already made to all of my shows in May. I do that every year and usually I do the pink Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake in the fluted pan, but I would LOVE to show off the Trifle Bowl because that's more versatile than the Fluted Pan. I'm going to attach a list of pink recipes. Sometimes people hand these out at shows (too long in my opinion to print up lots of copies), but they're definitely a great resource. They've probably been posted on here before, but here you go.....:D

Attachments

• PinkRecipes HWC.doc
    111 KB · Views: 1,047
pamperedbecky said:
I would LOVE to hear about more pink trifle recipes! That one sounds good, but I plan to make pink recipes to bring already made to all of my shows in May. I do that every year and usually I do the pink Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake in the fluted pan, but I would LOVE to show off the Trifle Bowl because that's more versatile than the Fluted Pan. I'm going to attach a list of pink recipes. Sometimes people hand these out at shows (too long in my opinion to print up lots of copies), but they're definitely a great resource. They've probably been posted on here before, but here you go.....:D

You can bring the trifle that I posted above already made! I plan to :) ....you can make it at home and refrigerate it. Once it is set, it is set... then you can bring it to the show and leave it out on the table. It won't thaw out or anything...you will understand the consistency once you dig in to it!

jenniferknapp said:
You can bring the trifle that I posted above already made! I plan to :) ....you can make it at home and refrigerate it. Once it is set, it is set... then you can bring it to the show and leave it out on the table. It won't thaw out or anything...you will understand the consistency once you dig in to it!
Awesome, thanks! That sounds pretty.:D

Yummy!I think the trifle would make an excellent tool to use in our pink recipes.

I also thought about using some strawberry cake mix for my silicone floral pan, with pink frosting.

A strawberry torte, with pink toppings.

Some tiny tarts (mini tart pan) filled with strawberry pink mousse.

Don't forget you can decorate cupcakes with our decorator bottles to form a pink ribbon.

Pink cookies in our Cookie press!

WE can also make some yummy pink punch.

Being pregnant I can think of lots of fun pink desserts that are making my mouth water.

Debbie :D

Pink savory recipes are a little harder.Shrimp Ceviche Cups (shrimp are pink)
Savory Ham Puffs (All The Best cookbook)
Aloha Pizza with ham strips (pink ribbons) in addition to chicken

Yeah--it's the savory dishes I'm having trouble coming up with--those are some great ideas coming from under that fruity hat! :p

I'm going to be pushing salads in May. All about staying healthy. The Spinach Salad with Strawberries is a good one from our old salad cards.

And, instead of a balsamic vinegar dressing, maybe use a red wine or raspberry vinegar to make it pink! I would pick more of a "creamy" dressing so that the pink really shows through.

ivykeep said:
hmmm... you could always add a little red food dye to an
We just served Grapefruit and Avocado salad in our Bistro. It was to die for.
I say go for it.

Mini PINK baked AlaskaI'm doing Mini "Pink" Baked Alaska's in the Prep bowls:D

I do the strawberry cheesecake in the microwave done in the stoneware fluted pan. I listed that recipe in recipes files on this site. I am going to try something new this year that is just as easy I hope!

Does anyone have any idea for something that we could do in May that isn't a dessert???? If so, please post it. TIA

I usually take a chocolate recipe and make it with white chocolate and then dye it pink.

I forget the name an will have to look it up. But I did one that was so simple and you put it in the EAD and filled phyllo dough shells. It was a chocolate mouse that was in a Season's Best this time last yeat and done in shells. And I took an idea from my recruiter and then turned it pink on my own.

I think a pink fondue would be cute too.

I may try doing cupcakes and putting a pink ribbon on with the stencils. Put they done HORRIBLE with a cake I just tried!

Not pink, but how about a breast cake from the batter bowl? You could find something to bake inside and whoever finds the "lump in the breast" wins a prize!

Paige Dixon said:
Not pink, but how about a breast cake from the batter bowl? You could find something to bake inside and whoever finds the "lump in the breast" wins a prize!

Oh my, now that's a new one!
Savory & pink is tough; I usually just do pink desserts. Pink trifle sounds fun this year. In the past I've done tuxedo brownie cups with pink cool whip, and mini cream puffs with pink cool whip.

I made Pink fudge last year - Used the quick fudge recipe with icing and chocolate chips but used white chocolate chips and strawberry frosting

Last year I made the Strawberry Bruschetta...I made the bread at my house, and demo'd the rest.
~and for the savory I did the Confetti Pasta Salad...
it wasn't pink, but it has a lot of cancer fighting ingredients...same with the strawberries...
I was very happy with my shows last May...but I don't want to do the same thing this year...
I have a show on May 3, and 4th... the one on the 4th wants to grill out...that's fine...and they requested Tiramisu Brownie Squares...so...not very pink ... we'll see...

ChefNic said:
Last year I made the Strawberry Bruschetta...I made the bread at my house, and demo'd the rest.
~and for the savory I did the Confetti Pasta Salad...
it wasn't pink, but it has a lot of cancer fighting ingredients...same with the strawberries...
I was very happy with my shows last May...but I don't want to do the same thing this year...
I have a show on May 3, and 4th... the one on the 4th wants to grill out...that's fine...and they requested Tiramisu Brownie Squares...so...not very pink ... we'll see...

You should be able to find some pink heart sprinkles, and at least sprinkle those on your brownies!

Don't they make a Strawberry Cool Whip that is pink? That would be great in trifles and tortes!

Paige Dixon said:

That should definitely get their attention!:D

straitfan said:
Don't they make a Strawberry Cool Whip that is pink? That would be great in trifles and tortes!

I believe so!!

The pink cool whip is "strawberry" flavored, and oh boy, it's YUMMO!:D

I can't get the recipe to come up on my computer PamperedBecky!:( :confused: I guess I'll just have to do a search and see if I can get them that way!

ChefNic said:
Last year I made the Strawberry Bruschetta...I made the bread at my house, and demo'd the rest..

Can you post the recipe for the Strawberry Brushetta? Or tell me what cookbook to find it in.

Yes, they make 'pink' strawberry cool whip. I just used it in a strawberry/banana trifle (all pink thanks to food coloring). They also make chocolate cool whip as well.

gratergirl said:
I do the strawberry cheesecake in the microwave done in the stoneware fluted pan. I listed that recipe in recipes files on this site. I am going to try something new this year that is just as easy I hope!

Does anyone have any idea for something that we could do in May that isn't a dessert???? If so, please post it. TIA

I love the strawberry cheesecake microwave cake. It looks really pretty with the white chocolate chips all throughout it.

pamperedbecky said:

That is really cute idea ...

Savory HWC Recipe IdeaCould you do something with salmon? I know it's not pink-pink... but it's close, and you could cross-sell the Grill Planks!

Also, isn't there a bright pink BBQ/Sweet & Sour Pork? I think I've seen it at Asian restaurants.

Someone want to take these ideas and run with them?

mmmmm yummie food......

How about???What about doing the Luscious Lemon Angel Roll but make it Strawberry-ish instead...I was thinking of making it for Easter but my Dad doesn't like Lemon so I was thinking of doing it was half cream cheese (than normal recipe), cool whip and box of vanilla jello...but if you wanted to make it pink you could use strawberry jello which would make it more "strawberry-ish"

Prep Bowls
Paige Dixon said:

You could make them all little ones in the prep bowls and have one with a whole strawberry baked inside to be the lump and the person who gets the one with the lump wins the prize.

The Italian-style Grilled Pizza from the Casual Cooking cookbook isn't technically pink, but with chopped tomatoes and parmesan combined, it turns out kind of pink-y. It would be GREAT for a grilling show. I do it all summer long. LOOOVE this recipe, but just make sure you try at home first and take your timer. If you forget it on the grill, it will be charcoal fast. Yummy though, and totally worth the extra effort... Lots of "wow"!

Also, I am posting a list of pink recipes I compiled a couple of years ago from our cookbooks at the time.

Attachments

• Pink Recipes.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 619
purrbal said:
What about doing the Luscious Lemon Angel Roll but make it Strawberry-ish instead...I was thinking of making it for Easter but my Dad doesn't like Lemon so I was thinking of doing it was half cream cheese (than normal recipe), cool whip and box of vanilla jello...but if you wanted to make it pink you could use strawberry jello which would make it more "strawberry-ish"

Check out All The Best pg. 86...Cherry Almond Angel Roll...

Pink Pasta w/Shrinmp Red Peppers and Red OnionWe're doing a rose' pasta sauce. It's 1/2 marinara and 1/2 alfredo. It's naturally a pink color -- we're going to use minced red onion, and red bell pepper as the veggies with grilled shrimp.

The rose' sauce is a specialty of an Italian Restaurant close to our home and I have had some people request it as a "makeover" recipe.

breast cakeI love the breast cake with lump idea! I think that depends on the hosts personality! I WANT TO DO THAT. Thanks for a great/different idea.

jrstephens said:
Can you post the recipe for the Strawberry Brushetta? Or tell me what cookbook to find it in.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner!!
It's YUMMY!

Strawberry Bruschetta
20 slices French bread, cut 1/4 inch thick
¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 lemon
1 container (8 ounces) cream cheese spread
¼ cup powdered sugar
2½ cups strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
⅓ Cup toasted sliced almonds
Additional powdered sugar (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice bread using Serrated Bread Knife; place bread slices on Rectangle Stone. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Brush butter over bread slices using Pastry Brush. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in Flour Sugar/Shaker; sprinkle evenly over bread slices. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown; remove baking stone from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

Meanwhile, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Hull strawberries using Cook's Corer®; coarsely chop using Food Chopper.

Using Small Scoop, scoop cream cheese mixture over bread slices; spread evenly using Small Spreader. Place bread slices on Simple Additions® Large Square Platter; top with strawberries using Medium Scoop. Sprinkle bruschetta with almonds and powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.

1. What are some other pink recipes I can try besides the Strawberry Margarita Squares?

Some other pink recipes you can try for May include Pink Lemonade Cupcakes, Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake, Watermelon Feta Salad, and Pink Beet Hummus.

2. Can I substitute the alcohol in the Strawberry Margarita Squares recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the alcohol with a non-alcoholic Margarita mix or with fresh lime juice for a non-alcoholic version of the recipe.

3. Can I use frozen strawberries for the Strawberry Margarita Squares?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before using and drain any excess liquid.

4. What is a good savory pink recipe for May?

A good savory pink recipe for May could be Beetroot and Goat Cheese Ravioli, Pink Pasta with Shrimp and Vodka Sauce, or a Strawberry and Feta Spinach Salad.

5. Can I use a different type of cookie crust for the Strawberry Margarita Squares?

Yes, you can use a different type of cookie crust such as graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust for this recipe. It may slightly alter the flavor, but it will still be delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nene960
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies