• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe ???

In summary, Shelly made the pineapple upside down cake in the microwave today and it did not turn out so well. The cake batter rose up over the top of the middle thingy in the fluted stoneware pan and that part stayed liquidy. She followed the recipe to the letter, but the cake was still runny. She then microwaved it for another minute, it was still runny. She scraped the runny part off the center column and cooked another 2 minutes. The part with the pineapple/brown sugar
shelly.nurse
I made the pineapple upside down cake in the microwave today and it did not turn out so well. The cake batter rose up over the top of the middle thingy in the fluted stoneware pan and that part stayed liquidy. Here is what I did:

1 stick margerine
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 pineapple cut with pineapple wedger, then sliced
duncan hines pineapple supreme cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 and 1/3 cup pineapple juice/water mixed

I melted the margerine and brown sugar together, placed in bottom of fluted pan, arranged pineapple slices and maraschino cherries over that. I could not make rings with the pineapple, I guess mine was too big, it would not fit together in the bottom of the pan.

I made the cake as directed on the package and poured into pan over pineapple. I cooked in microwave 10 minutes. At that time, I noticed that the middle had rose up over the center column of the pan and was really runny. I baked it for another minute, it was still runny. I scraped the runny part off the center column and cooked another 2 minutes.

At that point it was no longer runny, but now the edges were hard, especially once it cooled and set a little bit. The part with the pineapple/brown sugar/butter was good though.

What do you think I did wrong? Did I use too much batter in the fluted pan? If so, what about taking part of the batter and showing how you can also do it in the little prep bowls? How long would you cook that for, the same amount of time as the lemon cakes?

At least this was a test run before I demo it at a party this weekend!!

I really don't think this is to be made in the Microwave! Also you had way too much liquid....HTH

I got the recipe off of this site from ChefPaulaB:

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE – PC STYLE!

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 box Pineapple Delight Cake Mix + ingredients to make
1 cup pineapple juice
1 fresh Pineapple
Marachino Cherries

Mix the butter and brown sugar together, spread evenly in the bottom of the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Peel and core the pineapple using the Pineapple Wedger, slice with Santoku Knife. Place pineapple slices on top of the brown suger/butter, arrange the wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marachine cherry n the middle of each one. Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice. Pour over top of the pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. Flip out onto Simple Additions Large Round Platter and cut and serve with the Slice ‘N Serve.

This is what she posted several threads back. Maybe she will reply with some tips.

Shelly, I have made a recipe very similar to this in the microwave, but the one I used called for crushed canned pineapple instead of fresh and the juice. Mine went over the center as well, but you couldn't tell when you flipped it! HTH

I have made this in the Family Style Skillet and it was fantastic! I can't imagine doing this in the microwave, however.

That is a large quantity of ingredients for the Fluted Pan.

shelly.nurse said:
I got the recipe off of this site from ChefPaulaB:

PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE – PC STYLE!

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 box Pineapple Delight Cake Mix + ingredients to make
1 cup pineapple juice
1 fresh Pineapple
Marachino Cherries

Mix the butter and brown sugar together, spread evenly in the bottom of the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Peel and core the pineapple using the Pineapple Wedger, slice with Santoku Knife. Place pineapple slices on top of the brown suger/butter, arrange the wedges together to form circles. Place 1 marachine cherry n the middle of each one. Mix cake mix according to package directions substituting the water with pineapple juice. Pour over top of the pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture. Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes. Flip out onto Simple Additions Large Round Platter and cut and serve with the Slice ‘N Serve.

This is what she posted several threads back. Maybe she will reply with some tips.

Hi,
I received this recipe from someone else and I made it and it's awesome! In the microwave, just like the recipe says. Give it a try! You can use the crushed pineapple but the fresh is soooo much better! This is really really good and shows great products and people are really impressed!

Great to know!!! Can't wait to try it!

I tried it again and made the following adjustments:

I scraped the flesh off the inside of the pineapple (with the corn kernel scraper) and added that to the batter. I took some of the pineapple and cut it up smaller and added it with a tablespoon each of butter and brown sugar into each of 4 of the prep bowls. I placed two large scoops of the batter (should do a little less next time) into each of the prep bowls. The rest of the batter went into the fluted stoneware pan. Cooked that in the microwave for 9 minutes, let set for 5 minutes and turned it out onto a platter. It was so moist and flavorful. I then cooked the prep bowl cakes for about 4 minutes. Was much better, and the middle was done this time without the edges getting hard and tough. I sold a fluted pan an and deep covered baker by showing how you do not have to heat up your kitchen to have dinner and dessert on the table in 30 minutes (I also did the 30 minute chicken in the DCB). My party was 700 dollars in sales with only 4 people in attendance!!

shelly.nurse said:
I tried it again and made the following adjustments: My party was 700 dollars in sales with only 4 people in attendance!!

That is awesome. Congratulations. You obviously did a fabulous job and the guests had a great time.

1. How do I make a pineapple upside down cake with a Pampered Chef pan?

To make a pineapple upside down cake with a Pampered Chef pan, start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Next, melt 1/4 cup of butter in the pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of brown sugar and stir until it is dissolved. Place pineapple rings in the pan and fill the center of each ring with a cherry. Pour the cake batter over the pineapples and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before flipping the cake onto a serving plate.

2. Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh for this recipe?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple for this recipe. Simply drain the pineapple rings before placing them in the pan. You can also use crushed pineapple if you prefer a more evenly distributed pineapple flavor in the cake.

3. How long does this cake need to cool before serving?

The cake should cool for about 5 minutes before flipping it onto a serving plate. This allows the brown sugar and pineapple juices to settle and create a delicious glaze over the cake.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit for this recipe?

While pineapple is the traditional fruit used in a pineapple upside down cake, you can experiment with other fruits such as peaches, cherries, or apples. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar used in the pan to complement the fruit you choose.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the cake in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or microwave individual slices for 20-30 seconds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies