• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Peeling Tool - An Inquring Guest's Guide

In summary, the guest wonders if they can find a tool to peel pineapple with. The director forwarded her a recipe card for how to do it with a Santuka knife. There is a website called www.howtocutapineapple.com which has a video on how to do it with our Santoku knife. Many people do it with knives, but some people may want to try the peeler.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Do we have a tool that you can peel pineapple with??? An inquiring guest wants to know! :)

Nope.... Make sure to enter it on CC under product suggestions!

Maybe the new serrated peeler would work?

quiverfull7 said:
Do we have a tool that you can peel pineapple with??? An inquiring guest wants to know! :)

One of the recipes cards for the New Season shows how to peel one with the Santuka knife! My director sent me one of each of the cards. I need to buy one and try it - it looks so simples.

Cut top and bottom off. Then sides. Then cut the pineapple in fourths and cut the core out.

I use the Santoku to do this! It works great :D !

SusanBP0129 said:
I use the Santoku to do this! It works great :D !
Yep. That's my answer too - Santoku knife. And then tell her all the OTHER things she can use it for!

There is a great website called www.howtocutapineapple.com. Obviously it doesn't use our Santoku knife, but you could tell her how easy it would be with our knife. She could also use the Vegetable Peeler or Cook's Corer to take out the eyes.

I had gotten this forever ago it seems from my director, she forwarded it from one of the director's loops. I posted it on another board and quite a few of them tried it and said it worked awesome, hope it helps, before it's discontinued that is.....

Bits of Business...

Perfect for Pineapple.
(Thanks Director Katherine Bagley for sharing with the Director's Loop)

Did you know we can "peel" a pineapple with our scalloped bread tube? Just cut off the ends and shove that tube all the way down and voila! It's peeled! Next cut the pineapple in half across the middle and take the corer and core it. Slice into flowers - put them on a skewer with grapes in the center and voila - edible bouquets! Or use the apple wedger for coring and wedging; or after slicing use the apple corer for chunks.

I guess that I have never seen the scallopped bread tube..but I do have the others from the outlet, and they are pretty small....won't' you lose a lot of the fruit??

We need one!!I saw a pineapple peeler, corere and slicer in another catalog and it is amazing! I know how to peel a pineapple with the knives, but this peeler is pretty amazing! All you do is cut the top and bottom of the pineapple off and push the peeler through the flesh of the pineapple--and voila...it is peeled, sliced and cored!! Kinda like the ease of our APCS...so we need to suggest a PPCS!!:D

Do that many people really peel fresh pineapple?

I think so. I haven't gotten requests for a peeler...and have suggested it to HO. I got one for christmas and have used it once so far - it worked awesome! It cuts pretty close to the peel without leaving all of the eyes on the fruit! And, you are left with a pineapple shell that you can make a fruit salad in!

I buy fresh pineapple all the time and using a good knife, it takes no time to "peel" it, slice & cube it. I don't see a need for a special tool at all. I can't picture doing it with the scalloped bread tube. Most pineapples I buy would be too fat for the bread tube and SO much good fruit would be wasted. IMHO

I buy a fresh pineapple weekly. It's like eating candy ... yummy. Just use my Santuko to cut off top, then cut down sides (peel it?), slice into round pieces. My husband loves the core to eat!!!

Related to Pineapple Peeling Tool - An Inquring Guest's Guide

1. How do I use the Pineapple Peeling Tool?

The Pineapple Peeling Tool is designed to make peeling and coring pineapples quick and easy. Start by cutting off the top of the pineapple and placing the tool on top. Twist the tool to create a spiral motion and continue until the tool reaches the bottom of the pineapple. Then simply pull up to remove the pineapple core and slices.

2. Is the Pineapple Peeling Tool safe to use?

Yes, our Pineapple Peeling Tool is safe to use. It is made with durable stainless steel blades and a comfortable grip handle for easy use and safety. However, we always recommend using caution when handling sharp objects and keeping the tool out of reach of children.

3. Can the Pineapple Peeling Tool be used for other fruits?

While the Pineapple Peeling Tool is specifically designed for pineapples, it can also be used for other fruits such as melons and mangos. However, the size and shape of the fruit may affect the ease of use and results.

4. How do I clean the Pineapple Peeling Tool?

Cleaning the Pineapple Peeling Tool is simple. After use, rinse with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. For tougher residue, you can use a brush to clean the blades. The tool is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

5. Can the Pineapple Peeling Tool be used for canned pineapple?

No, the Pineapple Peeling Tool is intended for fresh pineapples and may not work as effectively on canned pineapple. We recommend using a can opener for canned pineapple instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
monicag
  • mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies