• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Tattoo Choices: What Would You Get?

In summary, Shirley has considered getting tattoos but is undecided. She is leaning toward getting a tattoo on her wrist, but is undecided about the location.
rbvernon
Silver Member
Ok, sorry to the people that don't beleive in getting a tattoo.

I have 2 tattoos (1 strawberry on ankle & my Virgo sign on the middle lower neck/shoulder area), and wanting a 3 one. I have been thinking about one the most but still undecided. I want celtic motherhood knot on my lower back. I guess what I am asking is: If you where to get a tattoo; What would you get?

Merry Christmas:angel:

I have always wanted to get one but am too afraid of needles. Maybe one day! I would either do a frog or a cat. Those are my two favorite animals. I wouldn't do anything too big or noticeable, just something for me. DH has 4 and is always wanting to add more.

I have 2 and 1 is on my lower back, hurts, but I like mine, it is a wreath of flowers. Also have one on my ankle ( a daisy) Also just got my belly button re-pierced. 1st one got infected then I got pregnant and can't have a belly ring when preggers, then I was preggers right after DD, then I had to lose the baby weight and flatten my tummy .

wadesgirl said:
I have always wanted to get one but am too afraid of needles. Maybe one day! I would either do a frog or a cat. Those are my two favorite animals. I wouldn't do anything too big or noticeable, just something for me. DH has 4 and is always wanting to add more.

DH doesn't like tatoo's and said he never dated a girl with tattoos or piercings~ other than ears ( anyone who looks at me, thinks I am miss mary wholesome, those who know me, that is another story~ ha ha) He was quite surprised when he found out I had both. DH does joke that I should have his name tattooed on my back to express my ever dying love for him :)

well my hubby loves tattoos and he is the one who started me with them. i know they hurt alot, so i am i little worried about the pain. but to me the pain is something that kinda feels good (like a rush) for me. :) i can't wait until tomorrow.

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, so it wasn't too bad, but certain spots were more painful than others. There were 2 marines on leave in the next room and the one couldn't even get his finished, he was crying like a baby. I finished mine like a champ :)

:D LOL!!! I could believe that!!!

men are such babies... thats why we have the babies!

hehe no offense to any of the guys on here!

merego said:
DH doesn't like tatoo's and said he never dated a girl with tattoos or piercings~ other than ears ( anyone who looks at me, thinks I am miss mary wholesome, those who know me, that is another story~ ha ha) He was quite surprised when he found out I had both. DH does joke that I should have his name tattooed on my back to express my ever dying love for him :)

YOU wild woman Shirley!!!!! Oh ya - Miss Mary Wholesome!!!

I don't have any - like wadesgirl not a fan of the needles - but if I did I would get a shamrock on my ankle I think..

I think my next one will be on my lower back (tramp stamp) or my wrist. I am leaning toward my wrist, I want to get some roses with my kids names and vines. I have 3 now and I am pierced almost everywhere. If i get any more ink or piercing I might run out of skin. :eek: My DH and i are addicted.

I have one on my ankle. I got in to celebrate my 40th birthday last year. I have a peace sign, a heart and Mickey Mouse ears. (yes, I believe in Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse!!)
I would love to get another, but the first one kind of freaked my husband out..he just doesn't get it.

I have pondered getting a tatoo and have not so far. It would probably be something small on my hipbone so that not everyone could see it. I like symbols like the Celtic knot, Star of David, or yin/yang.

I'm actually thinking of getting one on my hip, like Susan mentioned. I have a small birthmark...three little "freckles" in a row, and I thought I would get a pair of daisies right above them to represent my two kids. DH thinks I should get one where I could "show it off," but I was quick to tell him that the ONLY reason I want one is for myself, not to show it to the whole world.

I have five tattoos. One on the out side of my right ankle, one on the inside of my right ankle, one on my left shin, one on my lower back and then one on my rib cage. I have to tell you out off all of them the one on my shin hurt more! Its right on the bone. When I had the one on my ribs done, I was so out of it on antidepressants that I could not feel a lot of pain. I would love to get the one on my shin redone though. I think that will be my next or a little one for my daughter.

I have a broken heart on the right side, kinda on the lower part...but not to the "tramp stamp" lower part of my back. I have a drawing of a dolphin made of celtic knots that I want to get next...probably on my shoulder blade or ankle...gotta get the money for it first!

I'm going to get "faith" and hope" in Armenian on the back of my neck. I started saving for it but then I got pregnant so it got put on hold.I also want to get some sort of dragon (chinese zodiac) and gemini combo on my lower back when I get to my goal weight.

How about the words....If you can read this you have too many of my clothes off!

I have my name & flower on my foot.. & I am getting my daughter's footprint from the dy she was born on the side of my back..

i have a tramp stamp on my lower back of flowers and butterflies i designed for myself in high school, Virgo on my right wrist surrounded by tribal and butterflies, and a shamrock on my right ankle. the shamrock is for my oldest son who was born on St Patty's day. Virgo i can get away with because my name starts with an M so even if ppl think it's for Michelle it's ok. i plan on getting another one for my 2nd baby, but haven't decided WHAT i want to get. to me, tattoos are something very personal and not to be taken lightly. in fact, the only one that i impulsively was my astrological sign. but i did take a few minutes with the Tattoo artist to make it more mine.we added the surrounding tribal and i had him copy my butterflies from my back for my wrist. i think that if you want another tattoo you should get something that really means something to you. each of mine were symbolic in a way. even my impulsive in a way. i like to search tat mags for ideas. and keep pix of what i like and so i can get an idea and make it mine. i don't much like the "i want that one" mentality.. find something you love, make the decision to get it and live with it for a week or 2. if after a while it still sounds like you want it, get it. just my 2 cents

I have koi on my lower back...all the way across. My jeans just cover the tatt. (I didn't want it to show unless I was doing it on purpose)

merego said:

DH's sister passed away just before me met and a few months later he got her name tatooed on his lower back. I joke with him now that he could never leave me because some other woman would this it's his ex's name.

I have both of my sons footprints with his name and DOB on my back in between my shoulder blades.
Then I have a Winnie the Pooh on my ankle and a seahorse on my lower back.
I want to get my name in Chinese on the back of my neck next.

WLMcCoy said:
I have my name & flower on my foot.. & I am getting my daughter's footprint from the dy she was born on the side of my back..

If I were going to get a tatoo (and I won't because my husband tells me I could never deal with the pain) I would get a butterfly, my name Vanessa means butterfly.

My husband has 3 and wants more. Perhaps after his tour of duty he will get one.

jkinak said:
I have a peace sign, a heart and Mickey Mouse ears. (yes, I believe in Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse!!)

My sister has this EXACT tattoo, only hers is a tramp stamp. How weird.

A guy I work with recently got into tattooing, so as soon as he's had more practice on other people, I'm going to have him do the University of Michigan block M (blue & gold) on my ankle, and maybe a carbide lamp on my shoulder. Haven't decided completely on that one yet.

Jean, that is so cool that she has the same one. I have had that one in mind for the last ten years until I finally decided to do it.
Thinking the next one should be a Mickey head with the stars and stripes, but I think it would have to be bigger than I want it for you to see the detail.
Mmmmm.....still thinking!:cool:

I'm amazed there are so many of you with tattoos. I can't stand needles myself. Does anyone wish they hadn't gotten their tattoo??

I don't have any tattoos...probably will never get one. But IF I ever got one, it would be the word "Breathe" in formal script on the inside of my wrist in white ink...
I am a terribly anxious, nervous, worrisome person (hence my location "Shivering at the bottom of Lake Superior...aka: a Nervous Wreck) so I can always use a reminder to just breathe. I got the idea from a magazine article about Lindsay Lohan. Supposedly, she has that tattoo.

gailz2 said:
I'm amazed there are so many of you with tattoos. I can't stand needles myself. Does anyone wish they hadn't gotten their tattoo??

sometimes i regret my first 2, for various reasons, but all in all no. Stevie Nicks was asked once in an interview if she could go back and do it again what would she change and her reply was nothing. she said that she didn't believe that she would be the same person she is today if she hadn't done everything she did in her life. i happen to agree. i don't think i would be the same person without those experiences. as silly as that may sound to some people. just the way i see it.

as silly as that may sound to some people. just the way i see it.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think it is silly, just have a fear of needles myself.

gailz2 said:
as silly as that may sound to some people. just the way i see it.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think it is silly, just have a fear of needles myself.[/QUOTE]

i'm not a fan of needles, but over coming the fear of pain is a part of it to me i know some places offer to numb you up for it and think that is cheating. this from somone who has spent around 20 hours being tattooed, 17 piercings, and 2 natural child births. if i hadn't lived the pain, i don' think i would appreciate it as much.

gailz2 said:

I don't necessarily regret my name tattooed on my foot, but I wish now I would've waited so I could have got my daughter/future kids' names instead!

I am deathly afraid of needles. I still cry everytime before I get a shot/blod drawn, but I just tried not to think of it was a needle! lol

I like tattoos... but I dont have any. I like tribal and symblistic artwork. Its so amazing how detailed art can be on the skin. I kinda perfer to see ink on men tho... I like the tattoo my husband has on his arm that goes all the way around. He wants to get another this spring. He needs to sit with the artist to get the artwork done exactly the way he wants it first.

I have 2. I have a sunset over the ocean with my kids names on my shoulder and a rose with a dolphin on my ankle. I don't regret either tatoo. I would love t get another one but I am not sure what I want.

Well i decided to wait to get my tattoo. What I wanted "The celtice motherhood knot" i am not in love with it. So i am still trying to find the right one for me. My husband did get him one. It is tribal sleeve; very nice. We are going back to the tattoo artist in about 2 weeks so maybe i will get one then. If not I am going get my grandmother zodiac sign w/breast cancer ribbon and my mothers sign on top of my zodiac sign. So i will start a trail down my spine. So it will be my grandmothers, moms, mine (orignial one) then laters my daughters then other childrens sign. One good thing about getting my grandmothers sign it is also the same as my grandfathers. My grandmother and grandfather raised me most of the time (by my choice).

Anyway, I just wanted to update ya'll. Thanks for all ya'll responses. It was nice to read!

I have 2. The first is a rose with an arrow through it on my right hip. I loved it when I first got it but now its just there. The second is cherries with devil horns and tail on the back of my neck. I LOVE that one. After the first of the year I'm getting one across my lower back with my husband's name in the center of a heart with vines going out to 4 smaller hearts with our 4 children's names in the center of those and True Love Forever in script across the top. DH has 2 also. His first looks like a steel plate on the inside of his left arm says If Found Return To Patti with the numbers 0226199401092007 on the bottom (the date we started dating in high school then they date we finally got married 13 years later after 10 years apart). The second is on the inside of his right arm. It is the infinity symbol with our zodiac signs inside the opening on each side. Around it in script it says Til Death Do Us Part.

i have 3.

#1 was a hawaiian flower on my right hip that i had done in red white & blue (military family). it was one i just got to get. & sometimes i wish i hadnt. but its pretty.

#2 is the word "faith" written cursive in white ink on my right wrist. i love it because its almost invisible unless i point it out & people seem to love it. it almost looks like a scar.

#3 is 1st corinthians 13 on my left foot. written in gaelic (my grandmother is from ireland & i have alot of family there). that verse was also read at my parents wedding (like alot of weddings). it says "faith hope & love, but the greatest of these is love."

i am getting #4 when zachary comes home from iraq. our last name is swanlund & there are 5 of us in our family. so we are both getting 5 swan footprints. i am going to get mine along my right foot. i dont know where he is getting his....

Related to Personal Tattoo Choices: What Would You Get?

1. What is the meaning behind your tattoo choices?

Many people choose to get tattoos that hold personal significance to them. For example, my strawberry tattoo represents my love for nature and my Virgo sign tattoo represents my zodiac sign and personality traits. The celtic motherhood knot is a symbol of motherhood and family, which holds a special meaning to me.

2. How do you choose a design for your tattoo?

Choosing a tattoo design is a personal decision and can be influenced by various factors such as personal interests, cultural or spiritual beliefs, or simply aesthetic appeal. When deciding on a design, it's important to take your time and do research to find the perfect tattoo that you will be happy with for years to come.

3. Do you have any recommendations for placement of a tattoo?

The placement of a tattoo is also a personal choice, and it can depend on the size and design of the tattoo. Some popular locations for tattoos include the arms, legs, back, and chest. It's important to consider the visibility and potential stretching or fading of the tattoo in certain areas of the body.

4. How do you ensure the safety and quality of the tattoo process?

When getting a tattoo, it's important to do your research and choose a reputable and licensed tattoo artist. They should use sterile equipment and follow proper sanitation practices to ensure your safety and minimize the risk of infection. Additionally, make sure to follow aftercare instructions to promote proper healing.

5. Are there any factors to consider before getting a tattoo?

Before getting a tattoo, it's important to consider the potential long-term effects, such as how it may impact job opportunities or if it may affect any medical procedures in the future. It's also important to be sure of your decision and choose a design and placement that you will be happy with for a lifetime.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef