• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Partnering With a Friend for Success: Tips for Jointly Joining PC

In summary, Erin recommends that the two people wanting to join PC sign up together and then one of them can recruit the other. Erin also recommends that the person who buys the big kit be the first to sign up and then the other can sign under them.
erigby
Hi -

I'm new to this group and getting ready to join PC and have a question I'm hoping someone here can give me some sage advice on.

A friend of mine and I both want to join PC and make a success of it, however, we both have full time jobs, kids, etc. and have been talking about partnering up and working it together. In many ways it would work great, but I'm a little concerened about some of the logistics of doing this. Like..

1) If I sign up as the consultant then PC 1099's me, how do I pass on to her her half of the 1099?

2) Is this "against" the PC rules?

3) If we both have to join, how do we work it together? Do we just split the shows up between us or?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. And if we are totally off base tell me that too. :)

Thanks in advance.

Erin

For insurance purposes you would both have to sign. If she's doing shows under your name & someone gets hurt, insurance would not cover it. Sorry!But you two could both buy your own kit and work hand in hand sharing leads & helping out with who does the show. ;)

One of you could even by the big kit & the other one buy the mini kit. Then share the products as you need them. But whoever does a show needs to be the one to submit it. Otherwise you could cause all kinds of confusion when a guest needs to do a warranty return & is adamant that YOU were not her consultant but the show is under your name. Does that make sense?And yes, you would certainly have tax issues as well if one of you is working & the other is getting paid. It's so much better for each of you to do your own business. You could use the other for support, to be a sounding board when if you get frustrated, make your own little competition on sales with one another to help keep you motivated, etc. :D

And of course, if you don't have a recruiter, I'd be more than happy to help! :DI'd suggest whoever bought the big kit sign up first & then that person recruit the other one!! ;)

Yes, it is against the rules. If you both want to do it, one of you signs up and then the other one can sign under you/her.

1. You would not be able to pass half of your 1099 to your friend, since the 1099 information is also sent to the IRS.
2. No, it would not be allowed by Pampered Chef for the reasons mentioned above.
3. You're both at a great advantage. When both of you sign (one under the other, as suggested), you have a built in support group. Nothing makes this business easier or more fun than having a friend beside you who knows exactly what you're going through. The beauty of the business is the flexibility. You can work the hours around your full-time schedule. If you only have time to do one show a week, or even one show every other week, that's perfectly fine.I don't know how you were planning to "split" the shows. If you were planning to support each other by coming to the shows together, you might as well take that time to do your own shows. By taking every other night that you're available to do a show to support your friend at hers, while great for your friend, halves your potential for building your own business. If both of you are out doing a show on the same night, you take full advantage of your time in the most productive way, and you can then support each other by talking after the show.

From experience, I'd say don't try to do it together...I have a gal that started and thought her and her friend could "work it" together..she ended up doing all the work, and it was a big headache...she has since "dissolved" their business partnership but remain friends...not sure the "friends part" would still be there if they tried to keep business together

I think its a great idea! I would def. say to both sign up! Yes, for taxes and insurance, but my first thought was "What about recognition"? PC does a great job at rewarding us, and surely if your friend got recognized for something, you would want her to get the credit and vice versa. You could certainly work together. My director and I do events together frequently and split leads. I would be happy to answer any questions as to how we work it out!

Oh, yes, and WELCOME TO CHEF SUCCESS!

Thank you guys for all of the sage advice.

So then if we both join, how do would you suggest that we split the leads, etc? How have you guys done this before?

Thanks
Erin

We split leads by who we feel we connected with the most. Then the rest 50/50.

What is "Partnering With Friend"?

"Partnering With Friend" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to team up with a friend or family member to host a virtual party and earn rewards together.

How does "Partnering With Friend" work?

To participate in "Partnering With Friend," you and your friend will both need to sign up to be party hosts. Then, you will work together to invite guests, share the party link, and earn rewards based on the sales from your joint party.

Can I choose any friend to partner with?

Yes, you can choose any friend or family member to partner with for your virtual party. However, both of you must meet the requirements to become party hosts, such as being 18 years or older and living in the same country.

What are the benefits of "Partnering With Friend"?

By partnering with a friend, you can earn more rewards together than you would as an individual host. You can also have fun and support each other while hosting your virtual party.

How do I sign up for "Partnering With Friend"?

To sign up for "Partnering With Friend," visit the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Partnering With Friend" option under the Host tab. Then, follow the instructions to register as a party host and invite your friend to join you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mom&Jonah
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Trudie32
  • PCpenguin71
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nikked