• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Visa: Excluding APO Consultants for Overseas Applicants

In summary, KG's experience with New Millennium Visa was negative, and they plan on writing their congressman and local TV station about the discriminatory practices.
angmillar
Welll....

I called today to apply for my new card, and I was told over the phone that APO consultants cannot apply for this card. They don't accept overseas applicants.

What is that????

Any other APOers out there actually apply for this card?

Dear Ms. Millar,Thank you for serving our country and representing us overseas. As a reward for your loyalty and dedication, here is your official kick in the ass. Thanks for applying but please get lost until you're back home. Warmest regards,Visa

That's a load of BS, Angie! You need to send a note to HO that their new Visa partner refuses to service all their consultants. They need to know that. And you should also ask them if alternate arrangements are being made for APO consultants to use a different card for payment.

KG... Your post is EXACTLY how I felt on the phone. Boy, did I get heated during that call. You would think they could at least accomodate us.

And, Ann... I plan on calling HO as soon as they open today. Surely, something will be done about this. I don't use my credit card to submit shows, but I DEFINITELY need one just in case.

I'll keep you all updated.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Dear Ms. Millar,

Thank you for serving our country and representing us overseas. As a reward for your loyalty and dedication, here is your official kick in the ass. Thanks for applying but please get lost until you're back home.

Warmest regards,

Visa

How frightening it is that KG read all my mail from while we were in Okinawa!
I got that response a lot but even better was the response that many companies had to charge us more shipping because it was going overseas! Um hello..you send it to the East or West Coast and then it gets put on Military planes jerk!

I say alert the media. Start a national campaign. This is ridiculous! Those that serve our country deserve discounts and special perks not refusals and higher prices! I am going to write my congressman. I am also going to call my local TV station (one of my consultant's is an executive assistant there - she would know who to contact).

Angie,
Let us know what HO says. I found that a lot of times I'd be dealing with a customer service rep who was just simply clueless about understanding how APOs work. You may have gotten one that didn't understand that just because your overseas, you still have a US address. (Being overseas didn't seem to stem the flow of "welcome, you are pre-approved for our ridiculously high interest rate and fee-heavy credit card" offers!)
leggy

I am outraged!! Definately call HO and if you don't get satisfaction with a rep as for a supervisor and go up the chain!

Unbelieveable!

Keep us posted.

legacypc46 said:
Angie,
Let us know what HO says. I found that a lot of times I'd be dealing with a customer service rep who was just simply clueless about understanding how APOs work. You may have gotten one that didn't understand that just because your overseas, you still have a US address. (Being overseas didn't seem to stem the flow of "welcome, you are pre-approved for our ridiculously high interest rate and fee-heavy credit card" offers!)
leggy

That's what I was thinking, but I actually spoke to a supervisor with New Millenium, and she said the same thing. But, it just can't be right...

You guys are AWESOME, though!! Thanks for the support.

I'll keep you all updated.

I am so mad about this that I could just spit! I can't believe that there are companies out there who refuse goods and services to US citizens who protect and serve this country. Especially when they have, for all intents and purposes, US mailing addresses! It doesn't cost any more to send a card or a package to an APO address than one in a neighboring state.

That's it. My New Millennium card is going in a box and I'm not using it. Poo on them! (I'd love to say something stronger, but this is a family site.)

First of all, this is outrageous and totally discriminatory. I would refuse their card just on principle.

Secondly, I just looked at the terms and conditions for the card and I have to wonder what the company was thinking? Those are pretty crappy terms. Variable rates? Sliding scale fee for overlimit? The cashback incentive is laughable. Basically, this card is not a good deal.

I disagree with the company only allowing one card, of their choosing, anyway. The people who have the previous card can't use it after the end of the year and if they carry a balance, will be paying for it as well as the new card. That's setting some people up for disaster. A visa card is a visa card no matter what bank it's issued through and we should have a choice as to what bank/company we do business with. They give us the ability to have our own business and run it as we see fit but tie our hands on this. I'll be sticking with the debit card.

chefann said:
I am so mad about this that I could just spit! I can't believe that there are companies out there who refuse goods and services to US citizens who protect and serve this country. Especially when they have, for all intents and purposes, US mailing addresses! It doesn't cost any more to send a card or a package to an APO address than one in a neighboring state.

That's it. My New Millennium card is going in a box and I'm not using it. Poo on them! (I'd love to say something stronger, but this is a family site.)

Ann,

I am with you on this one!! I had no intention of getting the card anyway, but if enough of you (stateside reps) refuse to use the card maybe HO would go with a card that we could all have the opportunity to use if we chose too!!

I don't post that often anymore, but this one has my blood boiling!!! I just had the same fight with Royal Carribean Cruiselines while buying $1000 gift certificates for my parents for Christmas. Somehow, they couldn't mail the freakin' card to my address???? What the heck is that??? It's no bigger than a birthday or Christmas card, why can't they??

I am getting a little tired of being the asterisk at the bottom of an offer, always in the small print. It's this way with everything!! The gift baskets from PC with Merry Maids, Omaha Steaks, etc--yeah we didn't count for that.....the Home Depot gift cards last year or $10,000 dream kitchen--nope not for us!!! The gas gift cards--sorry, we are excluded there too!!!

Boycott the dumb credit card until PC wises up and lets us all play in the reindeer games!!! :mad: :mad: :grumpy: :grumpy:

I had to rant about this on my blog. Argh!!

Here's a thought- New Millennium sent out a note yesterday that consultants who got the card will be receiving an email with a $25 certificate to Omaha Steaks. I say we all reply to that note and let them know that instead of a coupon to be used on overpriced products, we'd rather they make their card available to all US consultants, whether they're stateside or overseas with military addresses. And let them know that we will not be using the card until they change their discriminatory practices.

Let us know what HO says. This is ridiculous.

I say we start an email campaign to HO if they do not fix the problem and let them know those that have applied will NOT use the card and that those of us that have not applied will NOT apply until these policies are changed. We need to ALL stick together on this and stand up for what it is right! :mad:

That really stinks - please keep us posted on what HO says. I've already boycotted the card, so this is another nail in the coffin.

I'm tired of getting the e-mails, "You MUST apply for the new Visa card..." No, I mustn't. I feel like HO isharrassing me. I just got a letter in the mail from them yesterday, too. The LAST thing I need is another charge card.

Good luck!

I found the perfect smilie for this situation: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_gaah.gif

chefann said:
I found the perfect smilie for this situation: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_gaah.gif
I can think of some better... :rolleyes:...but that one is cute and clean!

angmillar said:
Welll....

I called today to apply for my new card, and I was told over the phone that APO consultants cannot apply for this card. They don't accept overseas applicants.

What is that????

Any other APOers out there actually apply for this card?

They can't do that...you have a US address (hence the APO AE address)...you probably can't use it on the economy in Europe (there were very few places we could use our US credit cards while living in Germany...we had to pay cash for almost everything). I would call back, and see if you can speak with a manager as the person you were speaking with may not have understood you are an American living overseas on US military installation...you can always say, "Wow, wouldn't America love to know how this company truly supports our troops! What is the phone number to Katie Couric?" :D - that should get their attention. Seriously though, call back and for the time being I'll give them the benefit of the doubt the person you were speaking with was new or just didn't get it.

dianevill said:
I'm tired of getting the e-mails, "You MUST apply for the new Visa card..." No, I mustn't. I feel like HO isharrassing me. I just got a letter in the mail from them yesterday, too. The LAST thing I need is another charge card.

Tell me about it! DH and I are on a plan to get out of debt (Dave Ramsey, which has been discussed here) and there is no way in youknowwhere that I'm applying for this card. My PC debit works just fine for all PC purposes, thank you very much.

And now hearing about what they're doing to our overseas consultants just confirms my decision to not apply.

I'm with you on that, Janet. But as I wrote in my earlier post, this is a family site. :)

Oh my word - I'm so mad for you!! I would like to think that this was an oversight and easily corrected, but I'm afraid their ignorance is intentional. Call HO and let them have a piece of your mind! To think that a credit card company (of their choosing) is refusing to issue a card to an APO address (which is technically a US address) and to a family member of a service member overseas! :mad:

I personally want to thank your husband (and you) for all that you both are doing - all the sacrifices, hard work, and our freedom! God bless you!!

chefann said:

Here's a thought- New Millennium sent out a note yesterday that consultants who got the card will be receiving an email with a $25 certificate to Omaha Steaks. I say we all reply to that note and let them know that instead of a coupon to be used on overpriced products, we'd rather they make their card available to all US consultants, whether they're stateside or overseas with military addresses. And let them know that we will not be using the card until they change their discriminatory practices.
This card needs a steak through the heart!

DebbieJ said:
Tell me about it! DH and I are on a plan to get out of debt (Dave Ramsey, which has been discussed here) and there is no way in youknowwhere that I'm applying for this card. My PC debit works just fine for all PC purposes, thank you very much.

And now hearing about what they're doing to our overseas consultants just confirms my decision to not apply.

Me too Deb!!!!! I have no intention of getting this card.

dianevill said:

I couldn't agree more!

I have 2 credit cards under my name and husband is paying off huge amounts of debt from when he was in college and bought everything on credit cards. Another credit card is a no-no for us - especially with those rates and great cash-back rewards!

:mad:

DebbieJ said:

I'm on the plan too! No way I am getting this card. This is just a perfect example of the snakes that Dave talks about. Everything about this card just screams BAD DEAL!!!!

So what did HO say when you called??

She's probably on hold for 3 hours:( . That was my hold time this morning...

Don't forget that Angie's in Japan, where they're about 12 hours from HO, time-wise.

And it costs a fortune to call that 800 number from overseas!!! She will probably email them tomorrow.

I am drafting my nasty-gram now!!

Hi all...

You all are amazing!! Thank you so much for your support for all of us living overseas with our military spouses. :)

As for the update... it's 7:45 AM here, and I've just got the girls' breakfast together. I just checked email and called the solution center. There's an hour wait, so I opted for a call back. THANK GOD FOR VONAGE!!! Before we had it, I had to HOLD for the entire amount of time, all the while paying for the call. (Free numbers aren't free here.)

I'll post as soon as they return my call. Thanks again.... you all are wonderful!

Just one more service we graciously supply.Along with the usual foolishness, smart remarks, jokes, insults and wry observations of life.

Hey!

This type of ignorant, non-reputable practice is exactly what made me NOT get the new Visa. (I mean, seriously...what kind of cracker jack operation doesn't hand out cards globally? Visa is Visa....).

When HO first announced this change, I sent them a rather curt but polite letter saying that, thank you very much, them pretending that the rewards that came with this card were significant enough to outweight the questionable terms and conditions was insulting, and if they really wanted to make consultants, particularly this one happy, they could allow me to use my airlines miles Visa card. After all, my customers can use whatever card they want to, but the company consultants can't? Ridiculous.

Apparently my 4 shows a year weren't enough to motivate them to make me happy :)

I opted for the debit card after the first of the year. Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to offer my customers the payment flexibility I did in the past (many people where I work liked the fact that I would hold their checks until payday, which was always before the card bill came) and sales will probably suffer.

I'm dying to hear what HO told you. Kind of puts you in a bit o' a jam, then doesn't it, if they force you to use a Visa card that the Visa company won't give you?

Well, here's the scoop.

When I recieved the call back, the guy on the phone just told me to always use my debit card. He told me that I didn't really need the Visa, anyway. Obviously, I didn't like this answer. The fact that I can use my debit card really isn't the point. Besides, when I travel to the states and do shows, I like having the credit card to use. After telling him all of this, he transferred me to someone in finance. The gal didn't answer, so I left her a message.

I waited for three hours for her to call me, and when she didn't I called the Solution Center again. The representative this time told me that they had all received an email about this situation. TPC had been working on a solution with NM. And, here's what I have to do...

In order to receive this credit card, I have to apply with a stateside address. Once the card is received in the mail, then the person at that stateside address can send it to me. Then, once I receive the card, I can call NM, and they will send my statements to my APO address. I guess NM can't run a credit check on an APO addresses. (Crazy, since other banks can do it.)

UGH! It's not worth it. I don't like the fact that I'll have a credit card in my name arriving at my brother's house in the states (hopefully arriving, since my name will be the only the name on the envelope), then him sending it to me. And, I don't understand how I can be approved for a card at my brother's stateside address, but not my very own APO address.

I was told this is the only resolution. :(

What part of "...APO is an address in the United States..." do they not understand???ARRRGH!

I had just applied for this card to be my "backup", but haven't activated it yet. After reading about Angie's issues, I'm going to call and cancel it tomorrow. There is no reason for all of this nonsense. My 20-year old baby brother leaves for Marine boot camp in 17 days and it pains me to think that for all he is going to give up he would be treated with this lack of respect and common courtesy.:mad:

Wow, not only is this an incredibly stupid 'solution', it makes me wonder what kind of company TPC is dealing with here.

Since we're venting on this new VISA, I don't get why TPC went with such lousy terms and dubious 'rewards'. Limiting us to one card (of their choosing) is frustrating enough, but with today's consumer/credit problems, why offer a card that just screams lousy service and problems from the get go?

Another gripe is the incessant and poorly worded emails promoting it. More than one consultant on my team initially thought they HAD to get the new card (that it was replacing the debit card).

I love so much about this company, but this new VISA was, IMHO, a lousy business decision.

PC is always very accomodating with APOs. I'm guessing this issue took them by surprise. NM probably just has some kind of program that won't allow APO addresses. I could understand it better if all credit card companies were like that, but I know for a fact that some companies do allow APO addresses for the application. (I recently just received an Amazon card.)

Knowing how great our company is, I wouldn't be surprised if something else wasn't done about this. It'd be nice if every APO consultant received an email or something explaining the process, too. :)

Ugh. This completely stinks. Makes me wonder how much of a kickback HO is getting from NM.You mention you just got an Amazon card. Now THERE'S a card it would be good to charge shows/supplies on! DH loves getting the reward certificates from them.I never really thought about it before, but it is total BS that we can't use whatever the heck card we want to. My theory is that it's so HO can handle problems faster because they know who they're contacting, etc.I wonder how many of us have to write a firmly worded letter to HO and NM to get either of them to change their policies?

chefann said:
Ugh. This completely stinks. Makes me wonder how much of a kickback HO is getting from NM.

You mention you just got an Amazon card. Now THERE'S a card it would be good to charge shows/supplies on! DH loves getting the reward certificates from them.

I never really thought about it before, but it is total BS that we can't use whatever the heck card we want to. My theory is that it's so HO can handle problems faster because they know who they're contacting, etc.

I wonder how many of us have to write a firmly worded letter to HO and NM to get either of them to change their policies?
I'm sure HO only uses one card company because they get a huge break in CC processing fees. If they were to allow all consultants to use their own card then their CC fees would be much higher...which would then be passed on to us and to our customers. My other guess is that since a lot of cards give miles and rewards that there were alot of consultants who would put all of their shows on those cards and then cashing in the rewards that technically they did not earn and were thereby cheating the CC company. That's what I think.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care what card HO wants me to use.....a card is a card....but after reading Angie's dilemna I too don't think that HO even considered that it would be a problem. I'm sure that there will be a resolution on this issue soon. HO takes very good care of us and I've yet to see them say "oh well, too bad...." Give them a few days to work on it and I bet we'll hear something positive from this situation :chef: .

pamperedlinda said:
I'm sure HO only uses one card company because they get a huge break in CC processing fees. If they were to allow all consultants to use their own card then their CC fees would be much higher...which would then be passed on to us and to our customers. My other guess is that since a lot of cards give miles and rewards that there were alot of consultants who would put all of their shows on those cards and then cashing in the rewards that technically they did not earn and were thereby cheating the CC company. That's what I think.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care what card HO wants me to use.....a card is a card....but after reading Angie's dilemna I too don't think that HO even considered that it would be a problem. I'm sure that there will be a resolution on this issue soon. HO takes very good care of us and I've yet to see them say "oh well, too bad...." Give them a few days to work on it and I bet we'll hear something positive from this situation :chef: .
Kind of how they listened to our being upset that Merrill is our only vendor?

BethCooks4U said:
Yeah. Same....but different....

BethCooks4U said:

LOL! Yeah - and how they've listened to our being upset with Fed-Ex!!!

Big Business is Big Business.

Just to be sure my customers can still use any card they want correct???

Oh, yes. It's only consultant purchases that are affected. And we can still use our PC Debit, too. (That point has not been made real clear in some of the notes from HO.)

legacypc46 said:
Wow, not only is this an incredibly stupid 'solution', it makes me wonder what kind of company TPC is dealing with here.

Since we're venting on this new VISA, I don't get why TPC went with such lousy terms and dubious 'rewards'. Limiting us to one card (of their choosing) is frustrating enough, but with today's consumer/credit problems, why offer a card that just screams lousy service and problems from the get go?

Another gripe is the incessant and poorly worded emails promoting it. More than one consultant on my team initially thought they HAD to get the new card (that it was replacing the debit card).

I love so much about this company, but this new VISA was, IMHO, a lousy business decision.
I don't think this was poor wording, I think it worked exactly how they wanted it to. Make us think we have to get it so that more people sign up.

chefann said:

Omaha Steaks are not "that" good! :)
I have gotten 12 emails, and 3 card offers in the mail from PC's new credit card company. I am scratching my head as to why they went with this company, and the only thing I can think of is that CHASE was raising people's interest rates without notifying them- whenever they felt like it. I didn't have the old card, and the way they are pushing this new card makes me wonder...

I have heard so many complaints about this card it makes me wonder why the HO didn't send everyone an email asking them what they would like in a credit card company before they forced people into a contract with a credit card company that is so user Un-friendly.

My husband is Retired Air Force, and I feel for those in APO's! I don't think you should be descriminated in any way shape or form, and this is, IMHO a huge oversight by the planning committee at the HO that chose this card company.

I agree with everything everyone has said about our Military members and their families. THe last thing they need is grief because they are sacrificing for our greater good!

God Bless all of you cheffers who are married to, or family members of Military personnel serving over seas! I am greatful for you and pray for you daily! :)

angmillar said:
PC is always very accomodating with APOs. I'm guessing this issue took them by surprise. NM probably just has some kind of program that won't allow APO addresses. I could understand it better if all credit card companies were like that, but I know for a fact that some companies do allow APO addresses for the application. (I recently just received an Amazon card.)

Knowing how great our company is, I wouldn't be surprised if something else wasn't done about this. It'd be nice if every APO consultant received an email or something explaining the process, too. :)

You would think the "New-Credit-Card" Committee would have asked about overseas consultants...if they were dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's this wouldn't have caught them by surprise!

Grrrrr:mad:

As much as I love PC and think it's a great company, I'm pretty sure that the interest rates we were being charged by Chase didn't even enter their minds. My rates with Chase have never gone up, and in fact I have transferred balances from other cards to the Chase card because the interest rates were lower.

And if our needs were really a concern, they would have switched us to a more reputable company.

They are doing it because the credit card fees to them (PC) are lower. Predatory companies like NM often negotiate lower CC processing fees with larger companies, like PC, because they get a pre-made customer base. Think about it....we are thousands of less customers NM has to go solicit...PC is doing it for them by making us use the card. So they have leverage to negotiate lower CC processing fees. HO doesn't have to pay the higher fees of a reputable company (who has enough existing customers they don't really need PC's maling list. And how did Chase get millions of customers? No doubt by sending their cards to people overseas :)). It's a win-win for both companies.

I forgot about that previous conversation. Thanks, Jean and KG.I got the new card because sometimes I need to order things when the cash isn't yet in the account - like getting product samples or supplies before commission is deposited. But after Angie's experience, and re-reading some of the info about NM, I'm planning on NEVER using this card. I'll just have to boost my show schedule so I always have a "cash cushion" in the account. (And how is a busier show schedule a bad thing?)

<h2>1. What is the Pampered Chef Visa card?</h2><p>The Pampered Chef Visa card is a credit card offered by Pampered Chef, a company that sells kitchen tools and cooking products. It allows customers to earn points for every purchase made, which can be redeemed for Pampered Chef products or gift cards.</p><h2>2. Can APO consultants apply for the Pampered Chef Visa card?</h2><p>No, unfortunately APO consultants are not eligible to apply for the Pampered Chef Visa card. The company currently does not accept overseas applicants for this card.</p><h2>3. Why does Pampered Chef not accept APO consultants or overseas applicants for the Visa card?</h2><p>This decision is likely due to the fact that APO consultants are not based in the United States and may not have a permanent address or credit history in the US. The company may also have specific policies and regulations for issuing credit cards to overseas applicants.</p><h2>4. Are there any other options for APO consultants or overseas applicants to earn rewards from Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, APO consultants and overseas customers can still earn rewards by becoming a member of the Pampered Chef consultant team. This allows them to earn commission and discounts on products they sell, as well as access to exclusive promotions and rewards.</p><h2>5. Has anyone successfully applied for the Pampered Chef Visa card as an APO consultant or overseas applicant?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we cannot confirm if anyone has successfully applied for the Pampered Chef Visa card as an APO consultant or overseas applicant. However, if you are interested in applying, it is best to contact Pampered Chef directly for more information and clarification on their policies and eligibility requirements.</p>

1. What is the Pampered Chef Visa card?

The Pampered Chef Visa card is a credit card offered by Pampered Chef, a company that sells kitchen tools and cooking products. It allows customers to earn points for every purchase made, which can be redeemed for Pampered Chef products or gift cards.

2. Can APO consultants apply for the Pampered Chef Visa card?

No, unfortunately APO consultants are not eligible to apply for the Pampered Chef Visa card. The company currently does not accept overseas applicants for this card.

3. Why does Pampered Chef not accept APO consultants or overseas applicants for the Visa card?

This decision is likely due to the fact that APO consultants are not based in the United States and may not have a permanent address or credit history in the US. The company may also have specific policies and regulations for issuing credit cards to overseas applicants.

4. Are there any other options for APO consultants or overseas applicants to earn rewards from Pampered Chef?

Yes, APO consultants and overseas customers can still earn rewards by becoming a member of the Pampered Chef consultant team. This allows them to earn commission and discounts on products they sell, as well as access to exclusive promotions and rewards.

5. Has anyone successfully applied for the Pampered Chef Visa card as an APO consultant or overseas applicant?

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm if anyone has successfully applied for the Pampered Chef Visa card as an APO consultant or overseas applicant. However, if you are interested in applying, it is best to contact Pampered Chef directly for more information and clarification on their policies and eligibility requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies