• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Free & Discounted Products - Limited Time Offer

In summary, the new consultant is violating the policies and procedures of Pampered Chef by selling products on eBay.
kcjodih
Gold Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-Free-Discounted-Products_W0QQitemZ150099974127QQcategoryZ3202QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dare you to ask them if you can place an order online and how to get to their website

She's obviously a new consultant (offering the hand soap).

I sent her a message to let her know it's against the rules.

Wow! I never would have thought to do something like that on ebay to start with. She must be clueless.

Yep, I wrote in my message that she obviously did not read the Policies and Procedures behind CC. :)

Surly she couldn't have thought she was the first person to think that up?
The nerve.

DebbieJ said:
Yep, I wrote in my message that she obviously did not read the Policies and Procedures behind CC. :)
Any response from her yet?

I used to sell Stampin' Up - and I had NO CLUE that selling on Ebay would be a bad thing... I asked my director first, thank God, but I'd have done the exact same thing this person appears to have done.By the time I signed on with PC I knew better than to even think about it... but I can understand the naivety behind it!

Yikes! Hopefully she just didn't know better...I did notice she has been an eBay member since Dec 05 but hasn't bought or sold anything yet.

I understand some naivety, but a decent recruiter or director should be reviewing the consultant agreement with the person being recruited and this is a point that should be covered. I know when I met with my recruiter she went over many policies including uses of logos, etc. It doesn't take much time... ...and also the policies are on CC to read as soon as you get your login.

Another violation is her use of the logo...

My recruiter did not know that I could not put links to my PWS up on my website or advertise on yahoo groups. I joined PC thinking I could do this as an online project given that I moderate a few yahoo groups that have over 1000 members and this would be a way for them to support me while getting great products. It was only when I sat down and read the documention in the kit that I found out I could not do that.

DebbieJ said:
She's obviously a new consultant (offering the hand soap).

I sent her a message to let her know it's against the rules.

I saw this link on another board and also sent her an email. She replied with "Sure" not sure what she was saying sure to but she hasn't ended the auction yet.

Janet, you've got a point. But I really don't think most of these consultants who try to sell on ebay have anything malicious going on in their heads.I'm sure we've ALL done things we thought were ok at the time and found out differently later... maybe not in PC, but in other areas of our lives.I'm all for a gentle "hey, you know you're not supposed to do that?" And only THEN, if they ignore/continue or get snotty about it, THEN involve HO.

No, I don't think they're malicious, but it's hard to be patient...I think since it is so frequent, maybe HO should remind us all in weekly bites or something like that. It would be a good reminder for everyone and maybe catch the new people.

Also, I agree with the fact that after you politely warn them, if they ignore it and continually persist, then it changes from being naive to blatantly thinking rules don't apply to them.

Just for all of you I am going to send out an e-mail reminder to my team letting them know this is against the rules...

janetupnorth said:
I think since it is so frequent, maybe HO should remind us all in weekly bites or something like that. It would be a good reminder for everyone and maybe catch the new people.

THAT is a very good idea. I think we should all go and send emails to HO asking for this very thing.

I'm going to go do that right now, in fact - if I'm going to defend the offenders, at least I can try to do my part to help them not offend.

OMG I don't know if that sentence made any sense.

I have been an eBay trading assistant for non PC clients and sell my own things on eBay from time to time but when I became a PC Consultant, one of the very first things I asked my recruiter and director was "are we allowed to sell anything PC on eBay or any other auction house?" Naturally, the answer was no, and I asked about discontinued products and still the answer was no. I would never want to jeopardize my consultant status or anything that I have worked so hard for just to make a few bucks off of products being sold on eBay so I abide by the rules and don't do it. Several months ago, I took interest in some "stamps" that were being sold as a lot and they were to be PC related or applicable. The wording included Nancy's Artwork and they looked like a good deal and no one else was bidding so I won the auction.
When I submitted my paypal payment, I immediately received an email from the seller that had a 4 page attachment announcing how she was changing her show format this year, the new spring/summer products, how to order online, catalog shows, the monthly h and g specials, etc, etc. All her contact information, the name, address, email, phone number and everything PC related was on this email. At the time, I sat there and stared and wondered, how can this be? Then I got pissed because I realized that she had magically figured out a way to get me, a buyer on eBay, on her email mailing list now as a potential customer and clearly she was soliciting business for herself as a PC consultant. She had no clue that I was a PC consultant myself, other than the fact that I was interested in buying the stamps but there were only 2 PC related stamps in the whole lot anyway and the rest were these crappy little foam dollar store cheap pieces of well...you get the idea...they weren't even worth the shipping. AND she charged me way more shipping than the actual amount it cost her to ship and never issued a refund for the difference. In all my years of eBay trading, I never rip people off on the shipping charge. If the shipping cost me more than I expected, I eat the loss.
Anyway, since that time, I periodically shop the PC listings on eBay and have found things that only active people who attend conventions/conferences could possibly have in their inventory and I very discreetly ask if they are still active. Most say no (LIES) and that they are retired on inactive but yet, somehow, one of them happened to have the DOTS apron for sale the first week in January?? How can you be inactive and own this apron?
I am just sick of this going on. I agree the HO should have people scoping out these offenders. Come on, it's not that hard to find them.

As for the Stampin' Up consultant who went on to PC...I was on the fence about SU before deciding to become a PC consultant and I asked the SU recruiter the same questions about eBay selling of merchandise and she told me that SU consultants CAN sell discontinued stamps and sets but only when they are removed from the catalog. Was she incorrect?

Whether they are new or seasoned consultants, there is an accountability to learn the policies and procedures and clearly the seasoned consultants are the ones I have seen making the business boom on eBay. I think HO should be more proactive in advising consultants frequently of the consequences of selling on eBay and then following through.

I also used to sell SU and you can sell discontinued stamps that were no longer in the catalog

Her response:

"Really? I am not selling products on ebay so why would I be violating pampered chef policies?"

O.M.G. Do I really want to get into this with her??? I know someone linked to her on WLPCtoo and already reported her.

I wrote her back saying I'd let the HO staff explain it to her when they call her about her violation. :D

Last edited:
ya i'm new (only one week) still only have the paperwork (not kit yet) and I have read almost everything I could get my hands on because I know that education is key. I hope that this person gets with the program soon.

DebbieJ said:
Her response:

"Really? I am not selling products on ebay so why would I be violating pampered chef policies?"

O.M.G. Do I really want to get into this with her??? I know someone linked to her on WLPCtoo and already reported her.

I wrote her back saying I'd let the HO staff explain it to her when they call her about her violation. :D

LOL! Hopefully they get her and she doesn't slip through the cracks. Not a good way to start your career!

what is a WLPC?

We Love Pampered Chef (also there is a WLPC2) they are both Yahoo groups of PC consultants...

SillyChef said:
what is a WLPC?

Its a group I can never find. LOL.

It has been delated so maybe all the messages gave the person a clue!!

tlennhoff said:
My recruiter did not know that I could not put links to my PWS up on my website or advertise on yahoo groups. I joined PC thinking I could do this as an online project given that I moderate a few yahoo groups that have over 1000 members and this would be a way for them to support me while getting great products. It was only when I sat down and read the documention in the kit that I found out I could not do that.

Ok so dumb question - I can't display my PWS on my Yahoo profile? I knew the EBay thing but the webiste thing still confuses me.

Listing removed. Bravo ladies!!!!:D

Good - I emailed Richard last night to have it checked into this a.m. so either many people bugging her or that got to her.

chefdianne said:
I have been an eBay trading assistant for non PC clients and sell my own things on eBay from time to time but when I became a PC Consultant, one of the very first things I asked my recruiter and director was "are we allowed to sell anything PC on eBay or any other auction house?" Naturally, the answer was no, and I asked about discontinued products and still the answer was no. I would never want to jeopardize my consultant status or anything that I have worked so hard for just to make a few bucks off of products being sold on eBay so I abide by the rules and don't do it. Several months ago, I took interest in some "stamps" that were being sold as a lot and they were to be PC related or applicable. The wording included Nancy's Artwork and they looked like a good deal and no one else was bidding so I won the auction.
When I submitted my paypal payment, I immediately received an email from the seller that had a 4 page attachment announcing how she was changing her show format this year, the new spring/summer products, how to order online, catalog shows, the monthly h and g specials, etc, etc. All her contact information, the name, address, email, phone number and everything PC related was on this email. At the time, I sat there and stared and wondered, how can this be? Then I got pissed because I realized that she had magically figured out a way to get me, a buyer on eBay, on her email mailing list now as a potential customer and clearly she was soliciting business for herself as a PC consultant.

And the worst part is you paid her to to get on her mailing list!
Why do people do that? They make it so hard for other consultants who do follow the rules.

jasonmva said:
Ok so dumb question - I can't display my PWS on my Yahoo profile? I knew the EBay thing but the webiste thing still confuses me.

Nope you can't post anything about pampered chef anywhere... Well I do a link on my website to "Chef Success a forum for Pampered Chef consultants". I'm not 100% sure that is ok, I've found it frustrating talking to HO as the people I talk to don't seem to understand the detailed questions I'm asking and they simply read the policy word for word that was in the recipe for success (the policy can be found on CC).

tlennhoff said:
Nope you can't post anything about pampered chef anywhere... Well I do a link on my website to "Chef Success a forum for Pampered Chef consultants". I'm not 100% sure that is ok, I've found it frustrating talking to HO as the people I talk to don't seem to understand the detailed questions I'm asking and they simply read the policy word for word that was in the recipe for success (the policy can be found on CC).

Well guess I better go remove that. It does make it frustrating that I paid for the website but I can't advertise except by talking about it. How then besides shows and business cards are you suppose to promote your website?

The CS link is fine because CS is not affiliated with PC.

you can put it as a singature at the end of your emails......

jasonmva said:
Well guess I better go remove that. It does make it frustrating that I paid for the website but I can't advertise except by talking about it. How then besides shows and business cards are you suppose to promote your website?

Emails, newsletters, and talking about PWS at shows are the best ways to publicise your PWS. Make sure the link to PWS is on every email you send as well as all your written correspondence.

Also make sure that you mention at your shows that there are products on the outlet that can only be ordered through your PWS and make sure when people leave your show you have their email address. Tell them you will post the recipe online for 1 week so you want to email them the link to your website (in the email tell them how to find the recipe and remind them to check out the outlet at this time and bookmark your site).

Something I offer to my hosts - I have them send me email addresses for their guests & I send out the evites from the website for them. If they email them to me it takes only a few minutes, if they give it to me in hard-copy it takes longer. However, I've had at least one online order from each of my shows so it has paid for itself.

Also unless you have a PWS you cannot offer people outlet products.

Edited as I was wrong on registries.

Last edited:
"And the worst part is you paid her to to get on her mailing list!
Why do people do that? They make it so hard for other consultants who do follow the rules.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know that now. Didn't know it before I submitted the payment though. I am sure she is just raking in the customers as a result of it while we abide and have to "work" to get the clientele established?

tlennhoff said:
Also unless you have a PWS you cannot do wedding registries nor can you offer people outlet products.
Actually, you CAN offer registries without a PWS. Your customers need to know your consultant number, but they can sign up for a registry on the corporate site and it'll count for you.

chefann said:
Actually, you CAN offer registries without a PWS. Your customers need to know your consultant number, but they can sign up for a registry on the corporate site and it'll count for you.

I'm learning a lot of stuff that apparently I misunderstood from the recipe for success. Looks like I should re-read it.

If you don't have a PWS is there a way for you to view your registries?

Yep. On CC, go to the first tab, then shows. There's a registry option there. That's also where you can set one up if you don't have a PWS.

I no longer put my email address on anything. I just put the url for my PWS. They can get my email there or contact me through my site. :)

DebbieJ said:
I no longer put my email address on anything. I just put the url for my PWS. They can get my email there or contact me through my site. :)

That is a great idea.

What products are included in the Pampered Chef Free & Discounted Products limited time offer?

The specific products included in this offer may vary, but they typically include a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware from Pampered Chef's current product line.

How can I take advantage of this limited time offer?

To take advantage of this offer, you can purchase the discounted products on eBay or through a Pampered Chef consultant. Simply follow the instructions provided in the listing or contact your consultant for more information.

Are the discounted products in new or used condition?

All of the products included in this offer are brand new and in their original packaging. They have not been previously used or opened.

Is there a limit to how many discounted products I can purchase?

There is typically a limit of one discounted product per customer, but this may vary depending on the specific offer and availability of products.

What is the return policy for discounted products purchased through this offer?

The return policy for discounted products purchased through this offer may vary. It is best to check with the seller or Pampered Chef consultant for their specific return policy. However, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee, so if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • Admin Greg