• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Cookware Versus Stainless

In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's dilemma of whether to stick with their current Analon cookware or switch to stainless steel cookware. The group provides their personal experiences with both types of cookware, with a general consensus that the Pampered Chef professional cookware is a better option due to its nonstick surface and durability. Some members suggest trying out a piece of the professional series before committing to a full set. The conversation also touches on the differences between types of stainless steel cookware and the importance of considering factors such as stove type and warranty when making a decision.
HJPChef
OKay, I need everyone to be totally honest. Someone in my family wanted to buy me a brand new cookware set. I have an Analon set from when I first got married 8 years ago. I'm not happy with certain pieces because they're supposed to be nonstick and food sticks to certain pans. Then there are scratches on some of the pans and I've only used nylon spoons and such. They say "anondized" (sorry for spelling) on the bottom and I was wondering if they would probably be nearly the same as ours? Before signing on with Pampered Chef, I was thinking about getting stainless steel cookware, but I just can't make up my mind. I cook a lot and love to cook. I don't know what's better . . . does anyone have stainless and love it ( I know all of us sell Pampered Chef, but that doesn't mean we don't have other products too). I'm trying to make the right decision and I haven't seen our cookware in person. Please help!

Thanks,

HJPChef

I had all the Calphalon cookware before PC because they were all wedding gifts. I was so happy to start earning the PC cookware for free when I became a consultant. I've given away pretty much all my Calphalon stuff and I had the same problem.....some of it didn't seem very nonstick and the surface did get marked up more. I know that's not Stainless, but I did use some at a host's home a few weeks ago and I really feel that it took forever for the water to boil for the pasta for my recipe! Ours is much faster...even just for something like boiling water!

Never used stainless butI absolutely love our professional cookware. It is durable, oven safe and if anything happens to it, and I have not violated the use and care provisions, PC will replace.

I have had several of my pieces for more than 2 years and none of them ever stick, no matter what I am cooking.

If I were you, I would purchase the saute pan, I think it is on the supply order form and try it. If you do like it, you will be out that much.

I have the Professional Large Covered Skillet, new Executive saute pan, Professional Stir Fry Pan and also the Professional Covered Stockpot (just got it). I also have my 8 piece Lagostina Stainless set that I bought about 6 years ago. Like someone else mentioned, it takes forever to boil water. AND I have LOTS of trouble with food sticking/burning (pampered remember, not perfect :eek: LOL) and HATE them because of that. At least twice a month I end up soaking them with water and a fab. softener sheet overnight!!!

LOVE MY PROFESSIONAL AND THE ONE PIECE OF EXECUTIVE I HAVE SO FAR!! :D :D :D

I threw all my stainless out, like stated above, took forever to boil and they stick like nobody's business. I have never had a problem with the profesional series, and can't wait to add the new cookware to my collection. I will never use stainless again! This is with my experience.

I have a customer that had the stainless set. Her father bought her this set and it was very expensive. She and her husband HATED those pans!! She just couldn't part with them because they were supposed to be soooo great. They now have the Pampered Chef Professional line!! They love our pans so much more!! Now, she is disappointed that she can't get the new Titanium ones!! Her husband made a joke about them--'Sure, get those too!! 'Cause I just HATE the ones we have!!' :rolleyes: I asked if he liked them, he told me that was the best purchase she has ever made!!!!! (And he hates her spending money on Pampered Chef!!)

The stainless are very good pans but they are more for professional chefs and for cooking on gas stoves!! If you are not in those catagories, I would not recommend them!!! As a Half-Price item, ours are a much better investment!! I have the entire Professional set, and get this, my husband is pushing me to get the Executive Set!! Look at it this way, will the Stainless ones give you a lifetime warranty???

Well, it depends what kind of stainless you're looking at.

I have the All-Clad stainless cookware. It has a core of aluminum that goes all the way up the sides and is sandwiched between two layers of stainless. Other popular stainless on the market (Wolfgang Puck, for example) has just a disk of aluminum on the bottom. It's the aluminum that conducts the heat, so the performance really depends on the construction of your pan.

I do like them, I think they perform well. Ours are not non-stick so you just have to know how to use them--heat the pan first, then add the oil, and immediately add the food. That way the food doesn't stick.

The annoying part is cleaning them. To get them really clean and keep the SS shine, you have to use Barkeepers Friend.

As for PC cookware, I have the Professional small saute and the Family Skillet. I LOVE the family skillet over my All Clad piece. It's non stick, it cleans up easier, the handle is more comfortable, the pan is more balanced. I also have the Executive Saute, but haven't used it much yet.

I am looking forward to earning the Executive cookware and giving my All Clad to my brother. :)

Last edited:
I have a set of StainlessI bought a set of stainless years ago, when I was single and lived by myself. I still have them only because the set has some in-between sizes of saucepans that the professional doesn't have. They still look great even though they are 10+ years old. They have the glass top lid and everything.

BUT, they do burn and stick on the bottom like crazy. And the handles and the lids get so hot I can't pick them up with out an oven mit. They don't get hot nearly as fast as the Professional either. I did the ice cube test in them one day. The professional turned completely ice cold in just a minute, where the stainless only got cold on the bottom!

jenniferlynne said:
professional turned completely ice cold in just a minute, where the stainless only got cold on the bottom!

You probably just have an aluminum disk on the bottom instead of all the way up the sides.

Thanks sooooo much!Thanks everyone for all of your opinions. I really needed some feedback and from a lot of people who cook regularly. I don't want to sit at my sink and scrub my pots and pans and baby them the way they need to be babied. I just want to cook, eat and clean up easily. I think I've made up my mind :)

Thanks . . . this is a great forum! :)

Just another little tidbit about stainless steel pots and pans...
If you have small kids that LOVE to play with pots and pans, your stainless will get tons of little finger prints all over them that are a real b*tch to get off! LOL! Can you tell I am a bit of a Type A, anal, neat freak? LOL

HAHA Marg!! You sound a lot like me!

Marg & Jonna - You are not invited to my house! (unless you want to come clean it!) ;)

I have New Era Stainless steel cookware......and I absolutley love it!! I bought it in 1994 for $1400 and I will keep it until the day I pass!! LOL It's stackable, waterless cookware and I don't know what I would do without it. It has a lifetime guarentee which I have yet to use. I am in the AF and have been to many place since I bought my New Era and it has made it through everytime. Now that being said.... I do love the PC line of Professional and Executive. I will get and do have select few pieces. I love my stir-fry skillet, I have both the sautee pans (Professional and Executive) and have yet to use them. I have the double burner griddle that I LOVE!! The Roaster pan that I use for cooking in bulk and I love that one too. The next one I will get is the family skillet (professional) cause I need it for shows and it's only $54 on the paperwork order form. I may get the sauce pan for shows as well. I love them all but I do not see purchasing all of the PC line. Just what I need to do my job. My stainless steel works just as great as the PC line. I hope this info helps.

Cynthia

Cynthia---

FYI on the Family SKillet. Buy it NOW. It is only avail on paperwork til Feb 10th.

Deb Thank you :)

Stainless SteelI really think that when you cook alot you actually need both types of cookware.
I cook almost 7 days a week and have a duel fuel stove(gas/electric)and I use both types .When I saute I prefere a stainless ,but there are occations when nonstic is best.Make sure you get a really good set of stainless like All Clad. :)

stainless vs pcI have to say I think it depends on what you are cooking. My mother is 82 and she got a set of West Bend (Lifetime) stainless steel pans. They have been handed down to me, and the ones I didn't get I found a set at a rummage sale that needed some handles reapired. I sent them in and they sent me a new set!

PC I really love my PC cookware. In fact I keep trying to come up with things to cook in my 1 1/2 qt pan from leadership. But I have spent huge $ on cookware that came with metal utensils and they are so beat. But I also know that PC stands faithfully behind every product, and unlike the other company, I will have no problem many years to come if replacement needed.

I highly recommend seperating the tephlon pans with a soft clothe or hanging them to keep them from getting scratches.

What stainless piece do you use most?OKay, so I know I am going to purchase PC cookware (for my everyday cooking needs), but if I was to buy a stainless piece, which type do you think would serve it's purpose most? I have an electric stove and I do cook just about everyday (I'm consider myself a pretty good cook, but not "gourmet" or anything-just your basic family cooking). Is the stainless good for sauces? Like, what is it best for?

HJPChef

Stainless steelI use my stainless steel for things like mashed potatoes, so when I use my hand mixer I don't scratch the tephlon. Many times when I make some type of casserole I bake it for a 1/2 hr or so and stainless works best for me. If I have any thick sauces, such as a rough (rew) and making alfredo the nylon wisk takes too long vs the stainless steel and the sauce is a heavy sauce.
I make my own spagetti sauce and I let it simmer for the entire day, again I use stainless steel.
If you have to choose 1 pc of stainless steel, I personally recommend a large stock pot.

What is the difference between Pampered Chef cookware and stainless steel cookware?

Pampered Chef cookware is made of a unique combination of materials, including aluminum and stainless steel, that provide even heat distribution and durability. Stainless steel cookware is made entirely of stainless steel, which is known for its resistance to rust and staining.

Is Pampered Chef cookware non-stick?

No, Pampered Chef cookware is not non-stick. However, the non-porous stainless steel surface allows for easy release of food and makes for easy cleanup.

Can Pampered Chef cookware be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, Pampered Chef cookware is safe to use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. The cookware is also oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

What are the benefits of using Pampered Chef cookware?

Pampered Chef cookware is known for its high-quality construction and durability. It also has features such as tempered glass lids and measurement markings for convenience. The unique combination of materials used in Pampered Chef cookware also allows for even heat distribution, resulting in evenly cooked food.

How do I care for my Pampered Chef cookware?

Pampered Chef cookware is easy to clean and maintain. It is dishwasher safe, but for best results, we recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface. If food does get stuck, simply soak the pan in warm, soapy water before cleaning. Also, avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the surface of the cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Debala715
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Karen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gigi425
Replies