• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Consultants: Is it Fair to Advertise on Google?

In summary, a consultant's website was identified as being a violation of policy and they were reprimanded.
mconsola
I googled "Pampered Chef" when searching for a recipe I was looking for and came across a consutant's website clearly identifying her as "Your Pampered Chef Consultant" and had a link to her Pampered Chef PWS. Is this allowed? I don't want to be a prude but if this comes up in the first few listings on google is that not taking away business from another consultant?

No, it is not allowed.

Send the page to HO when you come across something like that. The easiest way is to make a PDF of the webpage. You'll need a Mac or a piece of software like Primo PDF (which installs, and then you select it as your printer, only instead of printing it creates a PDF of the thing you told it to print). Then email it to [email protected]

I would copy the link in an email and also do a screen shot... hit print screen, go to the program paint, hit paste then save as a JPG file. You can send that in as well for proof.

OR maybe she does not know about this rule and you could notify her personally first thru that site. I did not know until someone here told me about that, and if she does not remove it after you tell her then you could notify home office?? I just think (now this is my opinion only :) ) but that "telling" on someone makes people feel a little sad or frustrated when they truly did not know? Now she may know and just not care, but it would be nice to tell her in a nice way first... LOL Just my 2 cents though? I have to play the advocate here on how I would of liked things done to me since I did not know at first?? Sorry.... :)

Dawn, don't be sorry for caring. Several people have warned others who have had internet violations and it was not pretty. Some are truly innocent and are grateful for the heads-up but many know what they are doing and get upset with the person trying to help them.

When HO is notified of a violation they check it out. If it is in fact against policy they notify the offender and tell them to remove it by a certain date. If that happens all is well. If that doesn't happen the consultant is reprimanded.

Let HO do the call.

PamperedCaniac said:
OR maybe she does not know about this rule and you could notify her personally first thru that site. I did not know until someone here told me about that, and if she does not remove it after you tell her then you could notify home office?? I just think (now this is my opinion only :) ) but that "telling" on someone makes people feel a little sad or frustrated when they truly did not know? Now she may know and just not care, but it would be nice to tell her in a nice way first... LOL Just my 2 cents though? I have to play the advocate here on how I would of liked things done to me since I did not know at first?? Sorry.... :)

The only problem with this is that people have taken that route before and gotten their heads chewed off, and even been verbally abused and threatened.
It's best to just report it to PC and let them deal with it. PC also looks for violations themselves and deals with them, so reporting it to PC isn't being mean - and the person being reported has no way of knowing that it came from another person, and not from PC's own findings.

Oh yeah, I completely understand... LOL I have a free yahoo e-mail address that I have for "junk and survey" type of things only that I would e-mail her from with out my name listed at all on that e-mail. I was just glad that I was told here before PC told me. Not that telling/notofying National is wrong, but I just wanted to give my thoughts; and actually how I found out about the rule here. Again not knocking you if someone does report this at all, but I was just throwing out another possible way of notifying her of the rule. :)
You may find out that I am always trying to look on the brighter side of things with a lot of things the more you get to know me on here. ha ha ha I think I annoy my husband with that, actually I know I do! He will say something about not calling his sister back because she ignored his phone call for 3 days and I tell him to call her back because he needs to treat her like he wants to be treated... I know I get on his nerves with that! I never let him just blow off steam! LOL!!! So I am not trying to be annoying if I do say things like... LOL Well not annoying to you guys just my hubby! LOL

Last edited:
PamperedCaniac said:
Oh yeah, I completely understand... LOL I have a free yahoo e-mail address that I have for "junk and survey" type of things only that I would e-mail her from with out my name listed at all on that e-mail. I was just glad that I was told here before PC told me. Not that telling/notofying National is wrong, but I just wanted to give my thoughts; and actually how I found out about the rule here. Again not knocking you if someone does report this at all, but I was just throwing out another possible way of notifying her of the rule. :)
You may find out that I am always trying to look on the brighter side of things with a lot of things the more you get to know me on here. ha ha ha I think I annoy my husband with that, actually I know I do! He will say something about not calling his sister back because she ignored his phone call for 3 days and I tell him to call her back because he needs to treat her like he wants to be treated... I know I get on his nerves with that! I never let him just blow off steam! LOL!!! So I am not trying to be annoying if I do say things like... LOL Well not annoying to you guys just my hubby! LOL

We often will tell people here because we've gotten to "know" them. Just e-mailing a stranger can be very touchy. Many DO NOT take it well. Best to let HO handle it fairly. Like Beth said, they are very fair about it and give you a chance to correct it.

Completely understand :) It is not bad to tell HO either.... On a better note I am so excited to just have a website and hope it pays off! So far I have 4 web orders in just 2 weeks!! WOOO HOOO!!!

1. Is advertising on Google allowed for Pampered Chef Consultants?

Yes, advertising on Google is allowed for Pampered Chef Consultants. As independent consultants, you have the freedom to advertise your business in any way you see fit, as long as it aligns with the company's policies and guidelines.

2. Are there any restrictions on the type of ads we can run on Google?

Yes, there are some restrictions on the type of ads you can run on Google. For example, you are not allowed to use the Pampered Chef logo or trademark in your ads, as it is a violation of the company's intellectual property rights. Additionally, your ads must comply with Google's advertising policies and guidelines.

3. Do I need to get permission from Pampered Chef before advertising on Google?

No, you do not need to get permission from Pampered Chef before advertising on Google. However, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the company's policies and guidelines to ensure that your ads are in compliance. You are also responsible for any expenses associated with your advertising efforts.

4. Can I use my personal Google Ads account to advertise for Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can use your personal Google Ads account to advertise for Pampered Chef. However, it is important to keep in mind that your ads must still comply with the company's policies and guidelines, and you should not use the Pampered Chef name or trademark in your account name or any ad copy.

5. Are there any specific keywords I should use or avoid in my Google ads?

There are no specific keywords that you should use or avoid in your Google ads. However, it is important to use keywords that are relevant to your business and products. You should also avoid using any trademarked terms or variations of the Pampered Chef name in your keywords.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • KymberlyMcD