• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using My Pampered Chef Products on My Blog...but Not Advertising

In summary, You are allowed to use Pampered Chef products in your cooking videos, as long as you do not mention the products by name and you mention that you are an Independent Consultant.
HealthNut
ok - since the whole thing IS a little confusing surrounding the policies of the internets...i have a quick question - if I have a food blog and use my pampered chef tools on my blog (and yes saying they are pampered chef) but do NOT advertise or link to my website or anything like that. Is this allowed? Am I allowed to say I am an independent consultant? Or do I just treat it like "I own these products and they work GREAT for my low-carb treats..."?

I want to make sure before I start adding anything to my blog. Thanks!!

HealthNut said:
ok - since the whole thing IS a little confusing surrounding the policies of the internets...i have a quick question - if I have a food blog and use my pampered chef tools on my blog (and yes saying they are pampered chef) but do NOT advertise or link to my website or anything like that. Is this allowed? Am I allowed to say I am an independent consultant? Or do I just treat it like "I own these products and they work GREAT for my low-carb treats..."?I want to make sure before I start adding anything to my blog. Thanks!!
I am just starting a blog on gluten free/corn free/refined sugar free cooking - and I had the same questions about what's allowed, so I just emailed HO to get an answer. I'll post the answer as soon as I get one.I would have known the answer, but with the new social media policies and rules, it sort of muddies up the water a bit, so I just wanted to be totally sure. I plan on food pictures, and of course, most everything in my kitchen for baking and serving is PC - plus, some of my recipes NEED PC products to produce the right outcome, so I need to know if I can post pictures with PC products, and mention the products in the recipes.

awesome!!! thanks, becky - i look forward to your answer! :D also i'd LOVE to see your blog! pm me if you don't want to post it. :) mine is a low-carb blog as well - I haven't actually updated in a very long time - but want to get back into it...but i do want to "showcase" my products - for example making bacon in the bar pan! oooooh is that some good stuff! lol

What is your blog? Have you ever used Almond Flour and Coconut flour for low carb baking? While not necessarily low carb, I've been trying to stay away from the gluten-free starchy flours for every day baking, and I've discovered a love for the almond and coconut flours. Awesome high protein, low carb ways to bake!

Mine isn't up and running yet. I'm preparing to start it. I have to come up with a good name first. :eek: Once I have the name - I'll get it up and running!

I wanted to do something similar, but do videos online. The email I got in response said I was not allowed to even mention the products by name. So, show pics of them all you want, but don't call them by their name. That's considered "Pampered Chef Content". It's completely ridiculous.You can say something like "If you have any questions about the tools I am using, please contact me".

Here is the email I sent to them, along with their answers next to my questions.My question is, what constitutes "Pampered Chef® Content?" I am interested in developing my own online cooking show, not for the purpose of selling products, but for the purpose of sharing the love of cooking. My intent is to place these videos on youtube and share them on my private Facebook page. Seeing as my kitchen is full of Pampered Chef products they would be used in the video. I do not plan to include a link to my personal website in the videos, but would invite viewers to email me with any questions.Because of this, I have several questions:1) Am I allowed to mention that I am an Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef®? - You are not permitted to reference The Pampered Chef in the video. However, you must state that you are an an Indepedent Consultant.
2) Am I allowed to mention the products I am using by name? - You are not permitted to mention the products by name
3) Am I allowed to say "If you would like more information about the recipes I have made or the products I have used, please email me at [email protected]"? - Yes, you may provide your email address
4) Are the videos, as I have outlined above, even allowed? Videos are allowed, but they must be generic in nature and may not include reference to The Pampered Chef.
5) Per the policy, what constitutes "Pampered Chef® content? Pampered Chef content is anything related to The Pampered Chef. You many not mention the company by name, not can you wear/include Pampered Chef logo apparel, including but not limited to aprons, hats, shirts etc.

leftymac said:
Here is the email I sent to them, along with their answers next to my questions.

My question is, what constitutes "Pampered Chef® Content?" I am interested in developing my own online cooking show, not for the purpose of selling products, but for the purpose of sharing the love of cooking. My intent is to place these videos on youtube and share them on my private Facebook page. Seeing as my kitchen is full of Pampered Chef products they would be used in the video. I do not plan to include a link to my personal website in the videos, but would invite viewers to email me with any questions.

Because of this, I have several questions:

1) Am I allowed to mention that I am an Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef®? - You are not permitted to reference The Pampered Chef in the video. However, you must state that you are an an Indepedent Consultant.
2) Am I allowed to mention the products I am using by name? - You are not permitted to mention the products by name
3) Am I allowed to say "If you would like more information about the recipes I have made or the products I have used, please email me at [email protected]"? - Yes, you may provide your email address
4) Are the videos, as I have outlined above, even allowed? Videos are allowed, but they must be generic in nature and may not include reference to The Pampered Chef.
5) Per the policy, what constitutes "Pampered Chef® content? Pampered Chef content is anything related to The Pampered Chef. You many not mention the company by name, not can you wear/include Pampered Chef logo apparel, including but not limited to aprons, hats, shirts etc.

Keith - was this info given to you before or after the new Social Media rules?

ChefBeckyD said:
Keith - was this info given to you before or after the new Social Media rules?

After! It was answered on August 16, and sent to them about a week prior.

It sounds like you can do it. Just don't mention the products by name or wear anything that says PC. :)

I love how they say that you cannot mention TPC, but you have to say that you are an independent consultant. Independent consultant of what? Why do you have to identify yourself as an independent consultant of anything if you're not mentioning the company name? Am I reading that wrong? Just sounds weird!

Last edited:
nikked said:
I love how they say that you cannot mention TPC, but you have to say that you are an independent consultant. Independent consultant of what? Why do you have to identify yourself as an independent consultant of anything if you're not mentioning the company name? Am I reading that wrong? Just sounds weird!

Oh no, I thought the same thing. It's completely ridiculous, especially not even being able to mention the products by name.

If I did it (and I won't because I'm not going to submit every dang video to them prior to upload), I'd just refer to everything as "this little tool that I'm using".

ChefBeckyD said:
What is your blog? Have you ever used Almond Flour and Coconut flour for low carb baking? While not necessarily low carb, I've been trying to stay away from the gluten-free starchy flours for every day baking, and I've discovered a love for the almond and coconut flours. Awesome high protein, low carb ways to bake!

Mine isn't up and running yet. I'm preparing to start it. I have to come up with a good name first. :eek: Once I have the name - I'll get it up and running!

yup - i LOVE LOVE LOVE almond flour!

it's not really organized - but my blog is:
Livin and Lovin the Low Carb Life

wow. that's a lot of rules and SERIOUSLY??!!! so - what if someone WASN'T a consultant and just LOVED their products and used them on their blog and mentioned PC all over their blog - but again, was NOT a consultant?...

HealthNut said:
wow. that's a lot of rules and SERIOUSLY??!!! so - what if someone WASN'T a consultant and just LOVED their products and used them on their blog and mentioned PC all over their blog - but again, was NOT a consultant?...

If you're not a consultant, you can do what you want. But because I am, I'm forced to follow all those silly rules.

leftymac said:
Oh no, I thought the same thing. It's completely ridiculous, especially not even being able to mention the products by name.

If I did it (and I won't because I'm not going to submit every dang video to them prior to upload), I'd just refer to everything as "this little tool that I'm using".

As far as the products, instead of 8" saute pan, just call it a skillet or something but it gets funny with something like the garlic press. It's a garlic press if it's Pampered Chef's or not!

What types of Pampered Chef products can I use on my blog?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products for cooking, baking, and entertaining. You can use any of our products on your blog, as long as you are not advertising or promoting them for sale.

Can I use images of Pampered Chef products on my blog?

Yes, you are welcome to use images of our products on your blog. However, please make sure to credit Pampered Chef and include a link to our website.

Can I share recipes that use Pampered Chef products on my blog?

Absolutely! We love seeing our products being used in delicious recipes. Just make sure to credit the recipe to the original source and include a link to the recipe.

Am I allowed to mention Pampered Chef in my blog posts?

Yes, you can mention Pampered Chef in your blog posts, as long as you are not promoting or advertising our products for sale. It is also important to disclose any relationships you may have with our company.

Can I use Pampered Chef products in sponsored or paid blog posts?

No, we do not allow our products to be used in sponsored or paid blog posts. Our products should only be used in organic, non-promotional content on your blog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • LisaKirkley