• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Pack for My First Conference?

In summary, this woman recommends bringing things like mints, gum, tylenol, and pepto-dex, but warns that you may not need them since she'll be in the middle of a big city.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Does anyone have a checklist or something so I know what to bring? This is my first Conference and I tend to be an overpacker.

Oh, honey, you don't know nothing about over packing unless you saw what I took last year. THREE suitcases, plus my carry on. You should have seen me trying to get on the L! My excuse was all the special events as a new director, but, honestly, it's just me!

Having said all that, here is something I got last year that I wished I had followed! :rolleyes:

I may have something else, but I'm still searching for it. HTH!

Attachments

• Check List.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 418
Thanks so much. I am such a pack rat. It is almost impossible for me to pack light.

You never know when you might fall in a puddle and need those 10 extra outfits! LOL!!!:D

Based on your locations, it looks like you 2 will be flying in to Chicago, right? Remember that most airlines have weight restrictions on checked bags. Luckily, summer clothes are lighter and easier to pack than winter clothes, but it's still something to be aware of.And here's a tip I got about the "extras" that you pick up at conference. Buy 1 surprise package and put the other things that you bought at conference (logo wear, mini catalogs, etc.) into the box and ship it home.

chefann said:
Based on your locations, it looks like you 2 will be flying in to Chicago, right? Remember that most airlines have weight restrictions on checked bags. Luckily, summer clothes are lighter and easier to pack than winter clothes, but it's still something to be aware of.

And here's a tip I got about the "extras" that you pick up at conference. Buy 1 surprise package and put the other things that you bought at conference (logo wear, mini catalogs, etc.) into the box and ship it home.
Great Tip!! I might just ship all my luggage home-LOL!!!

That list is helpful but I do need to put my 2 cents in...mints, gum, tylenol pepto don't go crazy trying to remember all this stuff. We will be in the middle of a huge city with a CVS on every corner. So really anything you forget and need you will be able to find it or those things you might need but most likely won't but feel you need to bring it don't worry about them.
I understand you may not want to spend the extra $ when you have some at home but for me it's worth not bringing it if I most likely won't need
it.
JMO. :)

1. How many outfits should I pack for conference?

It is recommended to pack at least three outfits for conference: one for each day of the event. Additionally, you may want to bring an extra outfit in case of any unexpected events or changes in your plans.

2. Do I need to bring my own bedding and towels for conference?

No, bedding and towels will be provided at the conference venue. However, if you have any specific preferences or needs, feel free to bring your own.

3. Can I bring my own snacks and drinks to conference?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic drinks to conference. However, please be mindful of any allergies or dietary restrictions of others and refrain from bringing any items with strong odors.

4. Should I bring my laptop or tablet to conference?

It is not necessary to bring your laptop or tablet to conference, but if you prefer to take notes electronically or need it for work purposes, feel free to bring it along. Just make sure to secure it properly during the event.

5. Is there a dress code for conference?

There is no specific dress code for conference, but we recommend dressing comfortably and professionally. Business casual attire is typically appropriate for most conference events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • cookingwithlove
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • Brenda.the.chef