• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Overcoming Phone Fear Boost Your Business Success?

In summary, this successful person overcame a phone phobia by using a list of no's and rewarding herself after every 20 or 30 no's.
Humble Beginnings
Ok, I've started other threads regarding my fear of the phone. I understand I truly need to overcome this fear in order to grow my business. I'm looking for some success stories or encouragement from others who have felt the same! I do not have any shows lined up for December and January and I really would love to meet a goal to take my girls to Disney next year! So all comments are welcomed!!

Carol, It really does get easier the more you do it. Start small, have the list prepared ahead of time, and just do it. I used to have a phone phobia as well, but this Summer, I made it a goal to get over it, and I just pushed through it, and now it really does not bother me to make the calls, but there are times I just do not want to do it, but it is no longer a phobia. One thing that helped me at first, was having a glass of wine. It relaxed me, and also, I used the list of 100 no's, but I never got to the 100th no, because I was over the phobia by then. Attached is the list of no's- Reward yourself after every 20 no's or 30 no's or whenever.

Attachments

• 100 No's.1.doc
    24 KB · Views: 320
whoop's, I forgot the 2nd page- actually, here it is all together

Attachments

• 100 NOs.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 342
I can't say I'm a success story, but I'm pretty sure everyone who is successful uses the phone. Worry less about what others think of you and be sure you are offering a great, beneficial service. I need to listen to myself.

Sue, OMG! What a great idea, that list of 100 NOs. I love it...I feel more motivated already! I'm going to go out and get me some NOs.

Thanks so much for posting that.
Cheryl

Hey, Sue - our team is starting a booking blitz on Tuesday night! I'm e-mailing your "List of No's" to my director now so she can pass it on!! Thanks so much!

Carol, my best success story to date:

My friend, Gail, was a guest at one of my first parties, but was not interested in booking a show. I would ask every once in awhile, and she kept saying no. I told her early on if she never hosted a show, that was fine, I'd love her anyway. One time when I asked, her daughter was there, and said "oh, mom won't do a Pampered Chef party - she likes Southern Living and stuff like that, but not Pampered Chef." Well, Gail was one of the women at our church's Ladies' Retreat - as was my awesome director! I was in charge of food, and my director was on my 'crew.' You can guess what kind of food was served, and how it was prepared!!

Gail did seem interested in some of the tools we used, so a few weeks later I called her, mentioned her apparent interest, and asked one more time if she'd like to host a show. Fast forward to this past Thursday night when I arrive at my Bible Study group (which is where I met Gail). Her show is this coming Saturday (11/15). As soon as I walked in the door Thursday she asks if I have any more invitations on me, because she's already given out the 40 she had!! She's super excited about this party, AND she's coming to a team meeting tomorrow night (I haven't told her about the kit credit, yet - I'll wait until she's all excited about the trip to Disney World and the other incentives!!!).

If I had not picked up that phone, I wouldn't have this party booked, or a potential recruit!

1. How can I overcome my fear of making phone calls for my business?

One of the best ways to overcome phone fear is by practicing and preparing beforehand. Write down a script or outline of what you want to say, and practice with a friend or family member before making actual calls. This will help boost your confidence and make you more comfortable with the process.

2. What are some success stories of people who have overcome their phone fear?

There are many success stories of people who have overcome their phone fear and seen great success in their business. One example is Jane, who was initially terrified of making sales calls but after practicing and receiving positive responses, she now feels more confident and has increased her sales by 30%.

3. How can I stay motivated and encouraged while making phone calls?

It's important to have a positive mindset and remind yourself of your goals and the benefits of making these calls for your business. You can also try setting small achievable goals for each call or rewarding yourself after a certain number of calls to keep yourself motivated.

4. What are some tips for making successful phone calls?

Some tips for making successful phone calls include: having a script or outline, actively listening to the person on the other end, being confident and enthusiastic, and having a clear call-to-action. It's also helpful to have a positive and friendly tone in your voice.

5. How can I handle rejection or negative responses on the phone?

Rejection and negative responses are a normal part of any business, and it's important to not take them personally. Remember that it's not a reflection of your worth or the value of your product. Instead, try to learn from the experience and use it to improve your approach for future calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • kcmckay