• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Mistakes: Encouragement for PC Beginners | Doofus Moments

In summary, the summary is about a conversation where a person messes up and feels terrible. They talk about how everyone makes mistakes and how to help prevent this from happening in the future. They give a good tip to always call or confirm the show time.
pampcheflisa
Gold Member
Okay, need some encouragement here. I feel like a such a doofus. I've been doing PC now for a year and a half and today was the first time I wrote the show time down wrong, and was 30 minutes LATE to my show, rather than being 30 minutes early:yuck: Luckily, the host was nice about it, but I feel AWFUL!!!

It happens to EVERYONE - NO ONE IS PERFECT!Relax and maybe give your guests each a free Season's Best or something if you feel too bad!

Oh, here is one to make you feel better. I was in "Be a Master Seller" with David Meenan. He told us how he was about 45 minutes away from a show 1 hour 15 minutes away and realized his entire kit was in his other car!He made the best of it and did a catalog show...

That does make me feel a little better, hearing about David Meenan!!!
It was just so embarrassing walking into the host's living room with 10 people sitting in a circle just waiting for me to arrive. It just threw me completely off my game. Hopefully, I did alright. I did get a booking and have some interest in the business opportunity from the host's sister, so hopefully they forgave me!!

I did this before. I wrote down that the show started at 2pm and it started at 1pm. Everyone was there when I got there and thankfully they laughed and helped me set up. It went over great and she had a $1200 show!!

I am sure you did a great job :) I think sometimes most hostess are forgiving and to walk in the room and have 10 people sitting there waiting for you is great that they didn't all leave.

Wow, a recruit lead and a booking. Sounds like it worked out okay and they obviously weren't too upset with you.

We all mess up...glad it sounds like she was ok with it!

{{{HUGS}}}

Now you will have a story to tell folks about how "anyone can do this" and you "don't have to be perfect" to do this!!

I'm sure they have already forgiven you.

A good tip to help this from happening (though it still could get written down wrong) is to always call the day before or even the day of to confirm start time and arrival time. I do that every time just to make sure. I'm glad it all seemed to work out for you though! :)
God bless,
Amanda

I did this last year. The host called me at the show start time and chewed me out. I jumped in the car and ran over there and gave everyone a free SB for being patient. That host signed with me this April and has been one of my top performers ever since! LOL

I figured out what I did wrong. I wrote 2 in my planner, but for some reason put it as 3 on my calendar in the kitchen, so every time I walked by the calendar in the kitchen, I was just convinced it was at 3. Believe me, this should only happen once. My A-HA moment at NC was the host coaching workshop, so I intend to do much better at my coaching and will definitely implement when calling 1-2 days before the show to CONFIRM the time...LOL!!!
Luckily, now that I look back on it, they were good about it. I didn't have enough SB with me to give everyone one, but I could always add them later with a little note apologizing. The booking I got is for October and the girl is getting married, so I talked to her about the registry and maybe doing her show as a bridal shower. I think I was just so embarrassed about the situation, I needed some reassurance. Thanks everyone!!

pampcheflisa said:
Okay, need some encouragement here. I feel like a such a doofus. I've been doing PC now for a year and a half and today was the first time I wrote the show time down wrong, and was 30 minutes LATE to my show, rather than being 30 minutes early:yuck: Luckily, the host was nice about it, but I feel AWFUL!!!

I was 30 minutes early to a show once and the host made me sit in my car until she was ready-

My director traded shows with an Arbonne consultant. One week was going to be the Arbonne consultant's PC show & the next week was going to be my director's Arbonne show. They each thought their show was first so they showed up at each other's house on the same night at the same time!!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
My director traded shows with an Arbonne consultant. One week was going to be the Arbonne consultant's PC show & the next week was going to be my director's Arbonne show. They each thought their show was first so they showed up at each other's house on the same night at the same time!!!

That is toooo funny!! Ok, great way to end the night - with a belly laugh. :thumbup:

Sarah

Well I had a similar situation but I had called the host at 4:30 for the 5:00 (thinking the show was at 5:30) show to make sure I had the spices needed for the show. When I hung up I sent my friend to pick up pizza for her kids and stayed with her 3 little ones. At 4:50 I called her because I started thinking the show was at 5:00 pm and my calendar was at my house (plus I was in the middle of preparing for a move). I said the show is at 5:30 right? (feeling stupid to have to ask) She said no it is at 5 pm. Thank goodness for cell phones and the fact that I was only 3 minutes away, I got there right at 5pm. This was a great group of women who too helped me set up and the interactive show ended up being a $2155 show. I have made other errors too like leaving the stone I need at home and sending a glass mayonnaise jar flying across the room during the recipe preparation. I always like having funny moments to share, you have to learn to laugh at yourself and that helps the hostess and her guest relax too! I am sure you recovered well, sounds like it with the success from the show.

Kitchen Diva said:
I was 30 minutes early to a show once and the host made me sit in my car until she was ready-

Man whenever I hear someone complainging of a bad host I tell them of your experience - I still can't believe you had so many horrible hosts right away :confused::confused::confused:

Don't feel bad. I once had someone reschedule and I wrote the new date and time on my calendar. I got my new calendar and somehow didn't transfer that one. I missed it completely! I got a call 30 minutes after the show was to start. I couldn't get their quickly (too far away). They went ahead and ate the food the host had and ordered with the catalogs she had. Boy did I feel like a doofus! (This was 3 years after doing PC)Show went well though. Do they really need me? Ha Ha.

Related to Overcoming Mistakes: Encouragement for PC Beginners | Doofus Moments

1. What is a "Doofus Moment" in the context of Pampered Chef?

A "Doofus Moment" is a term used by Pampered Chef to describe any mistakes or blunders that may occur while using their products or attending their events. It is a lighthearted and humorous way to acknowledge that everyone makes mistakes and to encourage beginners to not be too hard on themselves.

2. How can I overcome a mistake I made while using a Pampered Chef product?

The first step is to take a deep breath and remember that mistakes happen to everyone. Then, try to identify what went wrong and why. Was it a user error or a faulty product? Once you have determined the cause, reach out to Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance. They are always happy to help and provide solutions to any problems you may encounter.

3. Are there any resources available for beginners to help prevent mistakes?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for beginners, such as instructional videos, recipe guides, and online tutorials. These resources can help you become more familiar with their products and techniques, reducing the likelihood of making mistakes.

4. How can I stay motivated after a doofus moment?

It's important to remember that making mistakes is a natural part of the learning process. Instead of dwelling on the mistake, focus on what you have learned from it and how you can improve in the future. Also, don't be afraid to reach out to other Pampered Chef consultants or the customer service team for support and encouragement.

5. Can I still be successful with Pampered Chef if I make mistakes?

Absolutely! Making mistakes does not define your success as a Pampered Chef consultant. It's how you handle and learn from those mistakes that truly matters. Embrace the doofus moments as opportunities for growth and improvement, and you'll be well on your way to success in your Pampered Chef journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat