• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Adversity: Real Stories of Success in Starting a Business

In summary, Shonda is depressed and feels like she's put too much hope into her business. She has a list of 18 people who were supposed to be at her first party, but only two people have shown up. She is also worried about her health and career and wonders if doing something she dislikes is worth it. She recommends following up invitations with phone calls to enlist people's attendance.
Shonda1107
Yes, I'm depressed today and hate to rain on y'alls cheerful dispositions but there is no where else to go besides a therapist (who I can't afford!). Tomorrow is my first party - an open house to kick start my business. I had an invitation list of 18 and only 2 are showing up.

I'm sure I haven't put my all into it seeing as I am dealing with some health issues (I just completed a needle biopsy of my thyroid yesterday and am waiting for surgery for another issue) but one of the reasons I decided to do this business is to break out of my shy shell and claim some control over my life and to expand past my circle of influence since I am surrounded by people deeply involved in the social service circles.

Basically, I'm admitting I am afraid I've put too much hopes on this business. Maybe I need too much from it - a change in careers, a change in environment, a change in "friends", a change in income. I am my family's sole supporter and I have been doing it the hard way for so long but I am beginning to wonder if doing something you dislike but know when the check is coming (and how much the check is) isn't so bad.

I have the Empowering Women's magazine and have read all those encouraging stories. I'd love to hear how your lives have changed - the real nuts and bolts of it. Are there any single parent consultants who are doing PC solely? Anyone making more than $40K a year? Did you start off rocky and now have a flourishing business?

Because I have been a lifelong social worker paraprofessional, I am realizing that the people who saturate my life are those whose main focus is getting enough food let alone great kitchen tools to prepare it with.

I really want something more but it is so out of my comfort zone that I am loosing the vision before I even get started.

I'm not sure who you may have invited, but you can salvage your party, by
calling your nearby neighbors, and inviting them over. If you don't know their names, call your nearest neighbor, and invite them to ask the folks who live on either side of them. I did a spur of the moment Open House, back in Sept. when I was desperate to have a show for the month. I had six attend, got one booking that led to two more bookings that led, that has led to two more bookings. I did the inviting on a Friday for a Sunday party.

Your recruiter and Director would be the folks to ask about the potential in your area. What are they earning? It varies from one part of the country, to another, and how much effort you are willing to put into it. When you mention $40K a year, that would mean over $100,000 in sales at the very least. I sold $15,000 in products in one year's time. I was proud of that accomplishment. I would do more parties, if I was more successful in booking more parties. That is my weakest area. I know I need to spend more time doing customer contacts, and promoting at my parties for bookings.

Be sure to follow up your invitations with phone calls to enlist their attendance. Invite them to bring a neighbor or friend "cause I have all this food to have someone taste". I'll be praying for you! Please post and let us know how it actually turns out.

Shonda--you can do this!

1. What are "Encouraging Stories"?

"Encouraging Stories" are personal testimonies and anecdotes shared by individuals who have experienced positive changes in their lives through the use of Pampered Chef products and recipes.

2. How can I share my own "Encouraging Story"?

You can share your "Encouraging Story" by submitting it through the Pampered Chef website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. Your story may be featured on our website or social media platforms to inspire others.

3. Are the "Encouraging Stories" verified by Pampered Chef?

Yes, all "Encouraging Stories" are carefully reviewed and verified by our team to ensure authenticity and accuracy before being shared with our community.

4. Can I use my real name in my "Encouraging Story"?

Yes, you may use your real name or choose to remain anonymous when sharing your "Encouraging Story" with us. We respect your privacy and will only share your story with your permission.

5. How can I find "Encouraging Stories" on the Pampered Chef website?

You can find "Encouraging Stories" on the Pampered Chef website by clicking on the "Inspiration" tab and selecting "Encouraging Stories" from the drop-down menu. You can also search for specific keywords or browse by category to find stories that resonate with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• poohritz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • mandalie