• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcome Your Fear: Get Leads from Grocery Stores

In summary, Kim is trying to find ways to get more leads from people she doesn't know. She is considering fliers, a button, and a catalog. She has had good success with fliers and a catalog, but her best success has come from business cards.
kahluakiggy
I have a HUGE problem talking to people I don't know. How do you guys get leads from the grocery store or something? I can't get leads from shows, because I don't have any. lol Any advice?

I haven't tried this yet because it's a work in progress, but this is what I'm going to try.

I'm making up little fliers - about the size of 1/4 sheet of paper. At the top it says something like - Thank you for serving me. I'd like to return the favor.

Then it says I'm your local PC consultant. Here are the services I have to offer - Cooking/Cat show, Wedding Registry, Fund Raiser, Bus Opp. Call me today or go to my web site and CONTACT ME! Not familiar with The Pampered Chef®? Contact me to learn about our high quality, innovative kitchen tools and entertaining products.

Most of the people I see during the day give me some type of "service" - grocery store check out, waitress, bank teller, etc. So, I'm going to hand them this and tell them who I am and ask them to call me if they would like to find out more.

Oh, and I'm thinking about putting an incentive on the back, like Host a cooking show, get a $10 gift from me - catalog show $5 gift - 10% off any order - something like that.

I'm still working on it, but I hope it helps me reach out to people because I'm not good at it at all!!

Kim - what a terrific idea! I think it would work really well with a recipe card or the new mini catalogs!

Wear the logo. My Pampered Chef sweatshirt has gotten me a good many comments. I have not had a lot of bookings but at least it gives me an open window to talk to someone. Last week, I wore my PC sweatshirt with my kids for easily six hours without anyone noticing it. I walk into McDonald's (a HUGE treat for my 5 year old dd) and the clerk immediately said, "do you sell Pampered Chef? I want to book a party." Haven't set the date and don't know how it will be but at least I got something from it.

Good luck....BEE

In lieu of logo wear, wear the button. Step out of your comfort zone, and you will be "paid" for it... The button gives other people a chance to approach you, if you are uncomfortable approaching them.

Good luck; God Bless!

Awesome, thanks so much! I will definately wear the logo around, and I love the idea of the fliers!

Can you post the flyers you are talking about?

Scott, what button are you talking about? Does it say something to tell people to ask?

Jilleysue said:
Can you post the flyers you are talking about?

I don't think there is an actual flyer posted - I think she is referring to the flyer talked about in post #2!;)

sillylittlechef said:
Scott, what button are you talking about? Does it say something to tell people to ask?
There's an "Ask me about The Pampered Chef" button that's available through the Director's Store at VIP. Your director can order it for you. (Suggest that he/she offer it as an incentive one month!)

Thanks Ann for the button info! Oh I wish my director gave incentives.....I'd be happy with a phone call sometimes. If it weren't for you guys at Chefsuccess, I wouldn't have a clue! So, thanks for all your advice and info. I am going to email my director about the button and ask her to oder. Maybe being so direct will get her to do it.

Tee hee hee...I just wear my Cheffershirts and I have already had 3 bookings and all 3 parties STUCK!! I am closing 2 of them out this month!! they really are conversation starters! Oh, and along with my PC Ribbon Tote!! I'm a walking billboard!! :D

My last two shows came from placing business cards at a hardware store. My last outside order came frome a card I left near the cashier at a restaurant.

Carry a catalog with you everywhere. When you're "digging" your wallet out of your purse, pull the catalog out and lay it on the counter of the grocery store or McDonald's.

I'm not sure where I heard this, but it has worked for me as a conversation starter.

I wrote on the back of my bus. cards and said, "Thanks for serving me, I'd love to return the favor. Place an order and get 10% off, book a show and get $20 in extra free porduct!" I gave these away with mini cattys at Bob Evans and at Walmart. Just did this the other day and also at the grocery store. It was nothing to hand this over and say, "Thanks for serving me today. Read this over when you get a chance and give me a call if you are interested." They seemed glad. Haven't heard anything yet....but I figured that I have nothing to lose and everythign to gain. Someone posted this saying on this site a few days ago and I decided to use it.

I finally did it.I changed dentists recently (started going to DH's dentist instead of commuting 100 miles r/t to mine). When I went for my appointment I had a catalog, The girls pounced on it...even the dentist (female). I got 2 immediate orders and probably some more when March rolls around (new products). In turn, the dentist sent me to orthodontist (braces at my age YUK) When I went I was wearing a self made PC shirt. When they told me how much it was going to cost for my orthodontia they asked if I had any questions. I said yes, How many shows can I expect to get out of this office to help pay for the braces? :D Well, it worked. I have a show at the office next month! Now, I just hope it is a good one. LOL Valky

BTW, I spent mega $$ at my previous dentist office and not a single order in the years that me and my DD went there. Now I have much friendlier environment, a customer base and save $$ on gas...my teeth look good too!:cool:

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think there is an actual flyer posted - I think she is referring to the flyer talked about in post #2!;)

That is the one I am talking about, I wanted to see the actual flyer in word format.

I've been carrying my catalog tote with me and in the last week I have had FIVE people approach me. One wants info on the opportunity and a show, another one thinking about a show, two that want to place orders and one who wants to sign up for the wedding registry!

The awesome thing is that I have managed to get contact info for all but one of them so I will be able to follow up. The one I didn't get contact for is a checker at Walmart and there were customers behind me so she wasn't able to fill out a door prize drawing slip.

Wow! Thank you so much for all of your replies!!!! I will definately try everything! I really appreciate your help!

yummy4tummy said:
I changed dentists recently (started going to DH's dentist instead of commuting 100 miles r/t to mine). When I went for my appointment I had a catalog, The girls pounced on it...even the dentist (female). I got 2 immediate orders and probably some more when March rolls around (new products). In turn, the dentist sent me to orthodontist (braces at my age YUK) When I went I was wearing a self made PC shirt. When they told me how much it was going to cost for my orthodontia they asked if I had any questions. I said yes, How many shows can I expect to get out of this office to help pay for the braces? :D Well, it worked. I have a show at the office next month! Now, I just hope it is a good one. LOL Valky

BTW, I spent mega $$ at my previous dentist office and not a single order in the years that me and my DD went there. Now I have much friendlier environment, a customer base and save $$ on gas...my teeth look good too!:cool:
Wow, Valky!! That's brilliant!!! Great job!

1. How can I overcome my fear of approaching people in grocery stores?

The best way to overcome your fear is to practice and prepare. Start by making a list of potential leads and their contact information, then practice your pitch in front of a mirror or with a friend. Also, remember that people are usually open to learning about new products and services, so approach them with confidence and a smile.

2. What are the best ways to approach people in grocery stores for leads?

One effective way is to offer a free sample or demonstration of your product. This will grab their attention and give you an opportunity to start a conversation. You can also ask open-ended questions, such as "What do you usually cook for dinner?" to get to know their needs and preferences.

3. How can I make sure I'm not bothering people when trying to get leads in a grocery store?

It's important to be respectful of people's time and personal space. Start by choosing a less busy time at the store, such as early morning or late evening. Also, make sure to approach people who are not in a rush and seem open to talking. If someone seems uninterested, politely thank them and move on to the next potential lead.

4. What are some strategies for turning a grocery store encounter into a lead?

One strategy is to offer a special discount or promotion for those who are interested in your product. This can entice them to provide their contact information and give you an opportunity to follow up with them later. Another strategy is to ask for a referral from the person you are talking to, such as if they know anyone else who might be interested in your product.

5. How can I build relationships with grocery store employees to get leads?

Building relationships with grocery store employees can be beneficial in getting leads. You can start by introducing yourself and your product to them and offering a free sample or discount for their first purchase. You can also ask if they would be willing to display your business cards or promotional materials at the checkout counter or in the break room. Remember to always be friendly and respectful to the employees, as they can often be great advocates for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aried
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lauradorable
  • Muppetgal
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
shano
  • Bill Faber