• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot: Anyone Know About Arbonne?

In summary, Arbonne is a popular company and many people are switching to their products. Some people are not happy with the price, but the quality of the products is generally appreciated.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Has anyone had any contact with or know about a company named Arbonne? Anyone else use their products?

Thanks!

One of the customers at my show last night is an Arbonne rep - want her contact info?

I just discovered Arbonne this summer. I love their stuff. I can't afford to just dump everything I already own, but I when I need to replace something I'll be ordering from Arbonne. :)

I was just using Arbonne products. I have a rep. She is trying to get me to be a consultant... :)

I really liked the products. But, I find it costly... but I too will slowly buy a product as I need to replace something I already own.

I know a consultant and I use their anti aging product line (even tough i am only 19. my consultant said it will slow down aging in the future instead of me having to try to reverse it later!)
I like their stuff. There are no animal products or strange oils to clog you up. My consultant said that the chemicals (mineral oils i think) in most skin care products is like puting a plastic bag on your face. your skin cannot breate and connot get oxygen.
I also use their figure 8 orange shake powder to put in my morning smoothies. They have nutritional stuff. i also like their salt scrub. use it BEFORE you shave (NOT after!!!! Ouch!) and the oil in it makes you get a closer shave and it feels soooo smooth.
I like their stuff. I use M.A.C. makeup but I love arbonnes powder. it feels better and wears better.

All the rageArbonne is all the rage in "my circle" right now. Even die hard MK customers are switching.

As far as price goes, from what I understand, is that you can "sign" for $30, and can continue each year for $15 as long as you do it in the same month.

You get a minimum of 30% off your orders when you do this (I think it's more for a larger order; not sure though). There is no minimum sales requirement to stay active, so a lot of people join just for their own discount.

Their products are all natural, mineral-oil free, and are not tested on animals. They have skin care, vitamins, and make-up. One of my friends who has suffered horribly from adult acne has had her skin almost completely clear up since starting to use their products a year ago.

We were just talking about Arbonne this morning at school drop-off, so it's all fresh in my mind. I'm not a rep, just have heard great things about it!

HTH!

Arbonne is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my SIL is a rep

I Love ArbonneAnd did sign up to get the 30% discount. I DO NOT SELL IT to anyone, just use the discount.

Honestly, I'm not sure how you would sell it. No one has ever contacted me about how to turn it into a career (not that I would - I LOVE MY PC and my "other" career). I consider myself to be intelligent, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how it "works".

I have a friend who is a rep. I use their foot cream b/c i wear sandals like crazy and it is awesome! I did not sign for the discount you can get b/c I was placing a small order, but my mom signed for it. She ordered some of their make-up and was not too crazy about the foundation. My friend just sales to individuals, she does not do shows to sale.

I LOVE Arbonne. I met a rep at BRU in July & she's having a show for me Monday! She's really nice. We met last Thursday & chatted about Arbonne. She didn't try to get me to join, but was excited that we could talk to each other about our businesses & help each other grow. I think they have really good products. I almost want to join to get my products cheaper, but I don't know.

Thanks for all of the input ladies!

Someone in my cluster is a new consultant with them and I was talking to her today about it. I am not one to spend a lot of money on make up and skin care products, so I don't know if this would be something that would work for me. This is the second time in 3 weeks though that I have heard about them and the opportunity to sell so I am wondering if God is trying to show me a new direction to move in. I am happy with my PC business though, so even if I sign with them I will continue with PC.

I was really shocked to find out so many negative things about the products that are out there and all of the animal by-products and chemicals that are in the products that we use all of the time. It is really making me think!

I LOVE the herbal foot creme!

I hate to bust the bubble but my dermatalogist is not sold on it, especially for someone like me w/skin probs. She says that things like lavender, etc can irritate more than help! And the ironic part, you can get a better acne wash w/Neutrogena (2% salycitic sp? acid) vs. 1% w/Arbonne. For all that money I would want the 2%!

Not to mention, the gal I know is NOT the best consultant. My lipstick broke within 2 days of using it. It's just loose in the container and keeps mushing at the top, etc. First it took forever to even get a reciept. Then she told me to call the 800#. The 800# told me the consultant that placed the order had to call! Still no new lipstick. I probably will not order much in the future from her, but she did order from me and we are doing an open house together for the holidays.

I'll probably just order their bath products. The Almond lotion is yummy smelling and so is the ginger citrus bath gel. But I can get mineral foundation from my Avon neighbor at 1/4 of the cost.

I think that everyone has problems w/ different skin care products. I used Avon for a while and boy did I look bad. My face never felt so horrible. I love my MK, but now that I am pregnant and the hormones have taken over I have no hope. My step-mom on the other had can not use any MK and Avon works wonders for her. I thought about trying out Arbonne... But I know I will drive DH up a wall since I own so much MK.
Melissa

I just talked to my cousin at a family reunion about them.... She is a "rep" - she told me they have TERRIBLE customer service and that their goal is to get a bunch of people to sign up as what they call consultants, but they really want them as regular buying customers - to buy a lot. She loves their stuff, but hates dealing with them for issues that arise. She doesn't need the income, just wanted the product at a discount that is why she signed on.

To second their customer service side, I had a friend contact the company on three different occasions (via email, phone, etc) trying to sign up to sell - she asked for someone to contact her all three times - and they never did! Three times? Can you imagine? I told her that would NEVER happen with PC!

Just my input!
Joanne

That is interesting Joanne! The gal I know really tried to push me to join for the discount. She said it was "like Sam's Club." Somehow I noticed on my reciept I got the discount...I hope she didn't sign me up without my knowledge! I sure didn't sign that paper she had at her open house! Maybe she was just putting her discount on there as a friend and that's why it was hard to get a reciept out of her. Didn't want to advertise the deal she gave me?

I have several friends who are wild about Arbonne. One's DIL sells it. I went to a show recently, and I did sign up so I could get the discount. I like a few of their products. What I like most is their vitamin/supplement pack. It replaces several things I was already taking, and, with the discount, it actually saves me a little money.

I'll be honest. I was sort of impressed with their growth numbers at first. Their number of consultants has skyrocketed. Sounds really impressive until you consider that there is NO minimum for orders to receive a discount or for sales to remain a consultant. Heck, I could have dozens of PC consultants signed up if they never had to do anything but order what they wanted.

I'm sorry to hear about the customer service. I just hope I don't ever have any adjustments that need to be made.

2 former PC consultant friends, 3 of my neighbors, my ministers wife & their daughter all sell Arbonne.
I only use their ginger citrus products (scrub, shower gel & body butter) think its $68 for the 3 & it's only in their holiday catalogs.
Teresa

I have a friend that is a consultant (just for the discount). I was looking into their products, espcially the mineral makeup. I tried it and really liked it except for it making my skin a bit too shiney. Well, I found out that even though their products are "all natural" they use this filler called Bismuth in their makeup.I've been wanting to use mineral makeup for years now and then another company I am a consultant for introduced a 100% all natural mineral makeup line and it's much cheaper.I still think Arbonne's products are very nice, but they are too expensive for me.

Grey said:
I have a friend that is a consultant (just for the discount). I was looking into their products, espcially the mineral makeup. I tried it and really liked it except for it making my skin a bit too shiney. Well, I found out that even though their products are "all natural" they use this filler called Bismuth in their makeup.

I've been wanting to use mineral makeup for years now and then another company I am a consultant for introduced a 100% all natural mineral makeup line and it's much cheaper.

I still think Arbonne's products are very nice, but they are too expensive for me.
What is mineral makeup? Does it help with oily/shiny skin like I have?

Mineral makeup is supposed to be better for your skin. Even my derm agreed.

Avon has mineral foundation for 1/4 the cost of Arbonne. I'm about to try it and will let y'all know what I think.

$29.00I just went to the Arbone site and it looks like it is $29.00 to start. Is that accurate?

KellyTheChef said:
What is mineral makeup? Does it help with oily/shiny skin like I have?

I copied this from the company that I am a consultant for:

Product F.A.Q.

What is loose mineral cosmetics?

Essentially, loose mineral cosmetics, also called bare mineral makeup, is comprised of naturally occurring minerals that have been used for cosmetic purposes for thousands of years. (Cleopatra used crushed mica as her body shimmer)These minerals are mined from around the world, purified, and crushed into fine powders. If this all sounds exotic, cosmetic companies use these same minerals to add color, texture and luster to everything from eye shadow, and lipstick, to hair color. They're even in your tube of toothpaste! Many of these minerals have a special luster that, when applied to the skin, give the face a lovely glow, lending a healthy, youthful appearance to blemished or aged skin.

Why loose?

Loose mineral cosmetics are catching on in popularity for a very good reason. It is the most natural makeup available on the market. Just think about how your face feels when you apply a liquid foundation. In order to create a liquid foundation, manufacturers add water, oil, waxes, petrochemicals, synthetic humectants, gums, and fillers (like talc) to the mineral colorants. They also add dyes and preservatives. Our loose, dry minerals don't require preservatives, and all of those other irritating ingredients are completely unnecessary. The natural pigments blend easily on the skin and provide superior coverage due to the lack of cheap fillers.

Why don't the popular makeup lines sell mineral cosmetics?

Large cosmetics companies are corporations that are designed to generate profit. Your skin's health is not their concern. Natural minerals cost much more than cheap synthetic fillers and dyes. The bottom line of these corporations is profit. Ours is quality, purity, and performance. Our vision is to provide natural cosmetic products that will enable women to achieve the look that they want without chemicals.

Will my skin break out?

If you have sensitive skin, and have had bad experiences with cosmetics in the past, then natural mineral makeup is for you. While even a good quality natural cosmetic does not carry a guarantee, the likelihood of a reaction is rare. The most irritating ingredients in cosmetics are talc, dye, and perfume. Our products are free of all of these ingredients.

What about a sunscreen?

One of the main ingredients in our loose mineral foundation is micronized Titanium Dioxide. This naturally occurring mineral effectively blocks both UVA and UVB rays, without an irritating chemical sunscreen. Our products have a very high SPF and we recommend wearing a sunscreen of some form on your face every day. Melanoma is on the rise and can be fatal. Also, if you notice tiny lines on your face, these symptoms of aging come primarily from sun-damage, not from dryness.

Can I use Marlo Minerals natural cosmetics if I have acne?

Our mineral foundation has the best coverage of any cosmetic on the market. Using Marlo Minerals mineral foundation will transform your life. Instead of worrying about unattractive blemishes, or running to the mirror every few hours to do touchups, with just a quick brush of the powder, your face will appear completely unblemished, from morning until night.

Even more importantly, the health and condition of your skin will actually improve with regular use of our mineral foundation. The minerals not only soothe inflamed skin, but have superior oil control. Our foundations are virtually waterproof and wear proof.

Can Marlo Minerals cosmetics match my skin tone?

Our formulator specializes in producing natural- looking foundation shades, because all of our formulations are created on real women. If you find a shade that is too light and another too dark you can experiment and blend colors to exactly match your skin. That is the beauty of loose powder mineral foundation!

I don't like how they do business!!! I swapped shows with a rep I met at a fair. She didn't want to do a show, she wanted me to give her their names and addresses, and she would take them a sample to use and pick up the next week. My friends were very upset with me!!! They felt like she was stalking them. Then a friend of my husband signed up, she too is using the stalking technique. I have roseacea and my derm. dr said to stay away!! I explained this to both of them and they were like give it a try anyway! Over the years I have explained this to several MK reps, and they were respectfull and said to stick with whatever my dr said.
just my 2 cents
pj

Well I have decided that no matter which reps I'm doing my holiday open houses with, I'm mailing my own fliers. We can all use the same fliers and list all the reps that will be there, but I'm not giving away my list. And frankly, I don't want theirs...I will collect from DPDS at the open houses from the interested ppl. I already have enough occassional customers on MY list to keep it full!

I love mineral makeup. I have been using Bare Escentuals for years and love it. My skin is dry and it doesn't make me look like a big flake.

As for Airbonne.. I have a friend who sells it. Got the same speel about how oil is bad for you, etc, etc. Trouble being is that I have been using olive oil on my face for years and, honestly, not trying to sound vain here, but for a 50 year young woman, no one ever guesses that I am THAT old! Only thing that gives it away are the hot flashes.

With skin care, it's all different for all of us. Lavendar really upsets my skin, for others it calms their skin. We are all different and what works for me, might not work for you.

Related to Ot: Anyone Know About Arbonne?

1. What is Arbonne?

Arbonne is a multi-level marketing company that sells personal care and wellness products. They use a direct sales model, where independent consultants promote and sell their products.

2. Are Arbonne products safe to use?

Yes, Arbonne products are safe to use. They are formulated without potentially harmful ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, and sulfates. Arbonne also conducts extensive safety testing on their products.

3. How do I become an Arbonne consultant?

To become an Arbonne consultant, you will need to sign up under a current consultant or through their website. There is a one-time registration fee and ongoing monthly fees to maintain your consultant status.

4. What makes Arbonne different from other MLM companies?

Arbonne's focus on using botanically based ingredients and their commitment to being environmentally friendly sets them apart from other MLM companies. They also have a strong emphasis on personal development and empowering women.

5. Can I make money selling Arbonne products?

As with any MLM company, success and earnings as an Arbonne consultant will vary. It depends on your efforts and the success of your team. It's important to carefully consider the time and financial commitments before becoming an Arbonne consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jdavis
Replies
Views
c00p
Replies
Views
raebates
  • debbieskitchenhelper
  • General Chat