• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing My Linen Closet: A Tale of Triumph

In summary, the conversation is about someone's obsession with linen and their recent accomplishment of organizing their linen closet. They threw away old items, labeled everything, and replaced their cleaners with all-natural ones. The conversation also includes comments from others expressing their appreciation for the effort and offering tips for organization.
rennea
Gold Member
One of my deepest darkest fetishes is LINEN!! I love bedding, bath towels and dish cloths. For months now everytime I open my Linen closet bottles and towels fly out at me. DH named it the "danger zone".

Well today I woke up and decided today was the day. First I cleared everything out, then I went to work. I took out my handy label thingy and even labeled were everything needs to go. I threw away 4 garden size bags of towels, and bedding etc. WOW!! I found so many PC towels and they are still in there packages. Tossed all my old kitchen towels, now all I have is PC!!! I re-washed every single thing and even ironed all my napkins and placemats. I have replaced all my cleaners with "all natural" ones.
Took me 6 hours and the last of the bath towels are in the dryer. I just had to share, and yes I know it's not that exciting for everyone else;)

Yepppeeee. I feel as if a ton of bricks has been lifted off my shoulders:)

WOW! What a accomplishment for just 6 hours. Personally, I HATE washing/folding towels, linens, etc. and would never think to iron my napkins... although I think the iron would burn through the paper anyway! BUT I can appreciate the effort and accomplishment! You should have done before and after pictures so we all could see... of course, you still can do the after pictures!

katie0128 said:
WOW! What a accomplishment for just 6 hours. Personally, I HATE washing/folding towels, linens, etc. and would never think to iron my napkins... although I think the iron would burn through the paper anyway! BUT I can appreciate the effort and accomplishment! You should have done before and after pictures so we all could see... of course, you still can do the after pictures!

I would have done the before photo if I wasn't so ashamed of it!! Everyone in my family calls me "Martha" cause I'm always cooking or cleaning. They would have been shocked to see my little secret.;) As for the napkins, well I only use those for "special" dinners it's usually paper here as well:p

that's awesome! If you ever need anymore tips on organizing, I write articles on my website, just go to the Home Organization section and there are different sections of the house. www.kellyksmith.com
I am excited for you, doesn't it feel good to get organized like that!!!

1. How should I start organizing my linen closet?

To start organizing your linen closet, first take everything out and sort it into piles based on type (sheets, towels, blankets, etc.). Then, go through each pile and decide what to keep, donate, or throw away. Once you have only the items you want to keep, group them by type and fold or roll them neatly before placing them back into the closet.

2. What are some tips for maximizing space in my linen closet?

Some tips for maximizing space in your linen closet include using stackable bins or baskets to store smaller items, utilizing door racks for hanging towels or linens, and using hanging shelves to create additional storage space. You can also use vacuum-sealed bags for bulky items like comforters or pillows to save space.

3. How often should I clean and organize my linen closet?

It is recommended to clean and organize your linen closet at least twice a year, ideally at the beginning and end of each season. This will help you keep track of any items that need to be replaced or donated, and ensure that your linen closet stays clutter-free.

4. What should I do with linens that I rarely use?

If you have linens that you rarely use, consider storing them in a different location, such as a storage bin in a spare room or under your bed. This will free up space in your linen closet for items that you use more frequently. Alternatively, you could also consider donating or giving away linens that you no longer need.

5. How can I maintain an organized linen closet?

To maintain an organized linen closet, make it a habit to regularly declutter and reorganize it. Also, try to fold or roll items neatly and place them back in their designated spots after each use. You can also use dividers or labels to help keep items separated and easily accessible. Lastly, avoid storing items that don't belong in your linen closet, as this can quickly lead to clutter and disorganization.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3