• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ordering Things: Which is Best for You?

In summary, the conversation revolves around whether it is ethical for a consultant to place a personal order on a host's order in order to receive commission and host benefits. Some consultants do this, but it is against company policy and not considered ethical. There are other ways for consultants to earn discounts and free products, such as hosting their own party or using their consultant discount. Ultimately, it is important to follow company guidelines and not take advantage of host benefits meant for the host.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've heard this both ways, but I'm not sure...

If I want to order things, do I place my own non-commision order or do I add it to a hosts order to increase my commission?

I know another option is to host my own show to get things, but aside from that, what do you recommend?

I order things for myself to use at shows and i usually just order them on my hostess order after i have all of her things entered in and i just let her know that i order a few things and when her show comes in if she would call me i would gladly pick them up from her and i usually don't have any issues.

Now with the party if i get outside orders and it is shy of a being a qualifed show and i don't have anything going in right away i will boost it to a qualify show using my mom (since she has hosted already) and just pay for the order and put the show under someone elses name and just have it ship to me and deliver the orders and my mom don't care if i use her name at all and usually she gives me an order to help me get it to the show level and we either split the free or what ever we decide. I don't know if you might think this is ethical or not but I am sure other consultants do it as well. I look at it you might is well get commission off the stuff you order as well.

Hope that helps you !!!

We're not supposed to order on shows - especially on host orders! HO makes it easy for us to place orders for our own items, using the non-comm personal order.

Host your own and get it for free.

I know of many, many people who occasionally order off the host's order. And if they don't want to take advantage of their special, I ask if they mind if I order it for myself. Win, win.

I wasn't going to say anything...but I have to.

On page 10 of the policy and procedure manual - found on Consultant's Corner - it clearly states under personal orders that consultants are not to place personal orders on show orders.

Just because people do it doesn't make it ethical...and the question you asked in the original post was if it was ethical.

"Everybody does it" doesn't make it right. ;)

What Becky wrote - and if you call HO, they'll tell you the same hting.

I completely agree with Becky. As consultants, we have so many opportunities to earn what we want and we always have the ability to purchase what we want at a discount. In addition, if you want something without having to pay for it... host your own show and earn it free. But leave the host specials and the host discount for the HOSTS!

I guess I missed that part in the manual, I have placed an order when I realized I needed something last minute. Wont do that anymore.

Becky and Ann are correct. It is against policy to use host benefits unless the consultant is the host. If the host doesn't want to use them they are lost. The discount is for her/his use at the show.

We have a lot of ways that we can ethically get our products.

1. When products are first introduced we can earn them free.
2. When products are new (usually until the end of the first month of a season or 6 weeks into a new consultant's business) we can buy them for 50% off.
3. In the 4th month of business and every April we can buy 1 of anything we want (up to $500 retail) for 40% off.
4. Any time we want and as often as we want we can be the host at our own party/catalog show and get all the host benefits (except booking and commission on the show discount).
5. We can order products as a personal order at our discount.

We can however purchase a gift for someone else as an order on a show. For instance, Mary's show is at $578 and that's all she can get. My sister's birthday is coming up and I want to get her the Food Chopper so I add that to Mary's show to help her get to the next level. The order is for my sister and is placed in her name. That is totally within the guidelines. If I wanted that chopper for me it would not be ethical.

BethCooks4U said:
Becky and Ann are correct. It is against policy to use host benefits unless the consultant is the host. If the host doesn't want to use them they are lost. The discount is for her/his use at the show.

2. When products are new (usually until the end of the first month of a season or 6 weeks into a new consultant's business) we can buy them for 50% off.
3. In the 4th month of business and every April we can buy 1 of anything we want (up to $500 retail) for 40% off.
4. Any time we want and as often as we want we can be the host at our own party/catalog show and get all the host benefits (except booking and commission on the show discount).

We can however purchase a gift for someone else as an order on a show. For instance, Mary's show is at $578 and that's all she can get. My sister's birthday is coming up and I want to get her the Food Chopper so I add that to Mary's show to help her get to the next level. The order is for my sister and is placed in her name. That is totally within the guidelines. If I wanted that chopper for me it would not be ethical.

Ok, that I have done odered, a gift for someone My KE is this month, I am so excited :)

I feel better going "by the book". Another question...how often can we have our own show? Does everyone typically have a "show" open and that way they can put on those random individual orders together once a month or something? Then do you close it with yourself as the host, or someone else?

babywings76 said:
I feel better going "by the book". Another question...how often can we have our own show? Does everyone typically have a "show" open and that way they can put on those random individual orders together once a month or something? Then do you close it with yourself as the host, or someone else?

As often as you like!:) Some consultants do have their own show always open on their website to collect random orders. This also gives the "guest" a chance to get the guest special because they wouldn't get it with an individual order. Just know that if you don't reach $150 in sales, it doesn't count as a show. Then you can always add a random order to a show you have going on.

pamperedbecky said:
As often as you like!:) Some consultants do have their own show always open on their website to collect random orders. This also gives the "guest" a chance to get the guest special because they wouldn't get it with an individual order. Just know that if you don't reach $150 in sales, it doesn't count as a show. Then you can always add a random order to a show you have going on.

How do you handle the S&H if it doesn't qualify as a show? Or do you just add another one on in someone else's name, like mentioned earlier, for a future gift?

Now what about placing orders for future host gifts, rewards, etc.? I notice that some consultants offer extra benefits to entice people to book, and tack those on to the hosts order to be as a gift also. Is this a standard practice as well?

babywings76 said:
How do you handle the S&H if it doesn't qualify as a show? Or do you just add another one on in someone else's name, like mentioned earlier, for a future gift?

Now what about placing orders for future host gifts, rewards, etc.? I notice that some consultants offer extra benefits to entice people to book, and tack those on to the hosts order to be as a gift also. Is this a standard practice as well?

If it doesn't qualify as a show I would add the orders to another show - otherwise you have to pay the direct shipping cost out of pocket.

You would add the gift (host gift/reward for booking) to the host's order on her show (she is the person getting the product anyway and that saves you some $$). I do this after she is finished with her order and then use consultant gift to pay. It's always a good practice to not give the gift ahead of time anyway.

BethCooks4U said:

Don't forget work to become a Director and get them free too!

I would LOVE to make it to a director, but doubt I will. :( Life is crazy and my baby is making it hard for me to get away to do many shows. It'll be better when she's older. I'm not having much luck breaking out of my network of family and friends. So my recruiting leads are very, very slim.

babywings76 said:
I would LOVE to make it to a director, but doubt I will. :( Life is crazy and my baby is making it hard for me to get away to do many shows. It'll be better when she's older. I'm not having much luck breaking out of my network of family and friends. So my recruiting leads are very, very slim.

this is what we call an ANT~Automatic Negative Thought

step on those ANT's right away and never tell yourself never! The first part to becoming a Director is working toward it and you have to have to right attitude to get there! Don't sabotage yourself by having the ANT's around!

chefmeg said:

step on those ANT's right away and never tell yourself never! The first part to becoming a Director is working toward it and you have to have to right attitude to get there! Don't sabotage yourself by having the ANT's around!

I know, I know!!! :) I do wish for it, but can't imagine it really working out that way! I'm trying....does that sound convincing? ;)

chefmeg said:

I have never heard of the ANT thingy. I am currently stompping out my ANT's Thanks for pointing that out.

1. What is the best way to place an order with Pampered Chef?

The fastest and easiest way to place an order with Pampered Chef is through our online ordering system. You can browse our products, add them to your cart, and securely check out all in one place. Plus, you can take advantage of any current promotions or discounts available.

2. Can I place an order over the phone?

Yes, you can place an order over the phone with one of our friendly customer service representatives. Simply call our toll-free number and provide the items you wish to order, along with your payment information. Please note that phone orders may take longer to process than online orders.

3. Is it possible to order Pampered Chef products through a consultant?

Yes, you can place an order through a Pampered Chef consultant. Our consultants are knowledgeable about our products and can provide personalized recommendations based on your needs. They can also help you host a cooking party where you and your friends can try out our products before purchasing.

4. Can I track my order once it has been placed?

Yes, you can track your order through your online account or by contacting our customer service team. Once your order has shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email or text message.

5. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We want you to be completely satisfied with your Pampered Chef products. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please note that personalized items and clearance products are final sale and cannot be returned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies