• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimal Nights for Cooking Shows: A Guide for Families

In summary, the group suggests choosing three nights a week for cooking shows, possibly Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. It is important to mark off designated family time in the calendar first and then schedule show nights. Weekends are also an option, but it ultimately depends on what works best for the individual and their family. It is important to communicate with family and guests about show nights and stick to a consistent schedule. Some members of the group have set days for working, while others are more flexible. It is important to prioritize personal and family time while also meeting business goals.
jenniferp417
I'm *brand* new. I want to figure out what nights are best for cooking shows. I can't afford, family-wise, to end up with shows all over the map. I need 3 nights a week to set aside for shows and have the rest be "off limits" for family time.

What I'm thinking of is maybe Tuesday nights, Friday nights, and... Saturday afternoons? Do weekends work? Any suggestions?

I offer tues-sat. and I get alot of saturday brunches or tues or wed nights.

Jennifer - Tues, Thurs and Sat. Brunches are fun for Saturday morning. Ive done a couple of Sunday & Saturday afternoon but not many. Friday nights are fun for theme shows and ones with alcohol...lol. Wednesday nights are not good because alot of people have church then.
Mark off family time in your calendar first (days you are not available). Then highlight the days that you are available.

It really doesn't matter what nights you pick. Just pick them, tell your family they are your show nights and then schedule them. Just like when you go to the dentist and make a followup appt, they don't ask you what day you want to come in, they just tell you. You do the same thing, you are in control of your calendar.

ChefLoriG said:
It really doesn't matter what nights you pick. Just pick them, tell your family they are your show nights and then schedule them. Just like when you go to the dentist and make a followup appt, they don't ask you what day you want to come in, they just tell you. You do the same thing, you are in control of your calendar.

I agree. Except for Tuesdays, I'm able to work other days, so my husband & I discussed which days would be best. I like my weekends too, so I only offer a handful of weekend dates (Saturdays or Sundays). I offer them at 1 or 2 so I can have my morning & evening. There really is no good or bad night because it's just what works for you & your hosts. If they really want a show, they'll work around you.

It's what works best for you. Right now, I work full-time, so I stick to Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays (except for a Thursday night for my aunt, but I was able to swing the next day off work). Eventually I'd like to change that as my business grows and I can take a less demanding job.

I have two days that I do not work on ... Sunday well that is becasue I have church ad that is family day for us, and I dont work Monday ngihts becasue I have class. but I find that I have alot of attendance with Thursday night shows!!! But remeber it's your business..... you can do anything you want!!!!

ChefLoriG said:

Tell your family and your guests which nights are your show nights. When I've got a guest that wants to book I say "I work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, which night works best for you?" We go from there. I also work an occasional Saturday (more this time of year) and I schedule those shows for 11:00 a.m. so my day isn't completely chewed up. I reserve Sundays for the occasional Bridal Shower.

This might not work for those with children or other activities. . .your schedule may change from month to month and that's okay. Stick to working on the days/nights that YOU want to work or you'll feel resentful working at a time that you really didn't want to schedule. Depending on your goals (trying to meet an incentive or a $ figure) you may have times that you are more flexible with your dates.

I also have set days I work. If there's someone who just can't fit into my days I'll occasionally make an exception, but that's rare. I also chose Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I do a lot of Saturday shows, but I only schedule three Saturdays a month. This gives me one Saturday free for family fun.

chefjeanine said:
Tell your family and your guests which nights are your show nights. When I've got a guest that wants to book I say "I work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, which night works best for you?" We go from there. I also work an occasional Saturday (more this time of year) and I schedule those shows for 11:00 a.m. so my day isn't completely chewed up. I reserve Sundays for the occasional Bridal Shower.

This might not work for those with children or other activities. . .your schedule may change from month to month and that's okay. Stick to working on the days/nights that YOU want to work or you'll feel resentful working at a time that you really didn't want to schedule. Depending on your goals (trying to meet an incentive or a $ figure) you may have times that you are more flexible with your dates.

I do exactly what Jeanine does! Everyone knows that I work Mon, Tues, Thurs, and 2 Saturday Brunches a month. During crunch times _ like in June when I only had 2 weeks to earn the new fall products, I did a Friday show also, but that is rare. I'll probably also do it in Dec. since that is a sellathon month, and we have such a short window of opportunity. (I rarely get anyone to book after the 10th in Dec.)

My schedule is totally wacky. I am only available to do shows on Friday nights, anytime on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. My problem is that my hubby works 3rd shift, so I will not be home by the time he needs to leave for work. I have my sister in law who is willing to watch my 4 boys, but she doesn't like to watch them past 8 on school nights because that is when the kids go to bed and she has 3 herself. My director has nagged me to death about opening up my schedule so my business will be more successful, but without hiring an outside sitter, I don't know how it is possible.

krzymomof4 said:
My schedule is totally wacky. I am only available to do shows on Friday nights, anytime on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. My problem is that my hubby works 3rd shift, so I will not be home by the time he needs to leave for work. I have my sister in law who is willing to watch my 4 boys, but she doesn't like to watch them past 8 on school nights because that is when the kids go to bed and she has 3 herself. My director has nagged me to death about opening up my schedule so my business will be more successful, but without hiring an outside sitter, I don't know how it is possible.

I have a new recruit who can only do weekend shows at this point....I told her it's her business, and to run it the way that works for her! It doesn't have to look just like mine! The next time your director nags you, ask her if she would be willing to take care of your boys for you so your business can be more successful:rolleyes: ;) !!!

Around here Tues and Thurs nights are a no-no...most athletic leagues have practices on those days. I find that Friday night and Sat mornings and afternoons are best.

I am working on growing my business, but right now I do friday nights and one Sat. and Sun a month. I would like to expand to tues and friday but like others have said that would be impossible without a paid babysitter.... My mom and mother in law will only do so much --- not that they complain, but when I talk about expanding they go quiet. I think they both are waiting for me to quit and move on to my next scatterbrained idea! I'm surprising myself at how much I love this!

Honestly, I do shows whenever...I don't have a set schedule as to when I'm available. My DH works out of town, so it's my mom who watches DS, and she's fine watching him whenever. I don't do Wednesday shows b/c of church though.

I've found that Saturday at 3 has been the BEST time as far as higher attendance goes. Most of my Saturday 3pm shows have had more than 15 people in attendance. But -- it's all a matter of how well you do with host coaching and how well your host does with reminder calls REGARDLESS of the day/time.

Do what works for you!

You have to remeber what may work for us... might not work for you... you need to find the days of the week that will work for hostess as you build your business you will find out which days of the week will have more attendance than others.

I, too, will do a show any day a guests likes; however, Thursday nights or Saturday afternoons (2ish) seem to be the pick. Sunday afternoons are popular too but I try to save that for family time.

Seems like I have a lot of shows with people from church so suggesting the alcohol seems a bit risky. I think people would spend so much more with a glass of wine in hand.

I mostly do shows on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thursdays because it's the night before payday or payday with direct deposits, usually. Also I'll make myself available for Saturdays a couple times a month.

Kris

Just my two cents!I have found that weeknights have a higher attendence and higher sales. Not sure why. Maybe it's good therapy to spend money after a stressful day at work :D I don't do Wednesday nights because of Church, and will only do a Sunday if I can do it after Church that morning and before Church starts that night. So basically, if you don't live very close to me, no show on Sunday. Most of my hosts book on Tuesday and Thursday also. Fridays are the worst weeknight for attendence for me. Never have a good turnout. Saturdays are iffy. I had a 10 am brunch show once that had 8 people show up to. I was surprised because this girl usually has low attendence at her shows. I think most people like to do it and get it over with so they can get on with their weekend.

During the summer I do shows during the weeknight. People don't come to shows on the weekend when its summer. There is to much to do in Colorado!Usually on mondays, wed. thurs. and 2 fridays a month. During winter months I tend to do more shows on the weekend. I found that people don't like to drive in the snow and at night.Once they are home from work, they don't want to go out, so weekends tend to be best in the winter. I only work thursdays, 2 fridays and 2 sat. a month. No sundays ever. I do make exceptions. Like this month I am working 2 shows back to back. One is for a friend. I also only do brunch shows on saturdays. Usually an 11:30 show. I found when I did it later I felt my saturday days and evenings were gone. This way, I am off "work' by 2 ish.
This is just what works for me and my family. You have to find out what works for you and your family.

1. What is a "Good Night for Shows"?

A "Good Night for Shows" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef consultants where they invite friends, family, and acquaintances to learn about our products and have a fun cooking experience. It's a great opportunity to try out our products and recipes and learn more about the Pampered Chef business.

2. How can I host a "Good Night for Shows"?

If you're interested in hosting a "Good Night for Shows," you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant in your area and schedule a date for the event. The consultant will provide all the necessary materials and guide you through the process to make it a successful and enjoyable night for you and your guests.

3. What happens during a "Good Night for Shows"?

During a "Good Night for Shows," the consultant will demonstrate some of our popular products and show how they can be used to make delicious recipes. Guests will have the opportunity to try out the products and ask any questions they may have. It's a fun and interactive experience that also includes games and prizes.

4. Do I have to purchase anything during a "Good Night for Shows"?

There is no pressure to purchase anything during a "Good Night for Shows." The main purpose of the event is to introduce guests to Pampered Chef products and provide a fun and informative experience. However, if guests are interested in purchasing any products, they can do so through the consultant.

5. Can I earn free products by hosting a "Good Night for Shows"?

Yes, as a host, you can earn free products based on the total sales from the event. Your consultant will provide more information about the host rewards program and how you can earn free products. It's a great way to try out new products and stock up on your favorites for free!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PattieChef21