• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions on This Product: Beauty vs Practicality

In summary, people generally like the bamboo carving board, but find that it gets marked up easily. It is a nice addition to an kitchen, but is not practical for every day use.
jenf
I am just curious what everyone thinks about this product. It is so pretty, but how practical is it? Do you use it alot? Would you recommend it?

It seems like it would be one of those things you only break out when you are having a formal dinner or during the holidays.

it is very pretty, but i haven't ordered one b/c i saw my recruter's it's all marked up and def. takes away that pretty factor. Maybe get the cheese one to show off the bamboo and yet not have a large item?~tiffanyp

I am getting one in November, off of a show that I am having! I think that while it's not something I will use often, I will definitely use it. And I don't mind if it gets marked up. It's not something that I can imagine taking to a demonstration, and I actually use everything that I own. My cutting boards which I do take to shows, have knife marks in them, ESPECIALLY with the new knives... but that's what boards are for... to take a beating so your counters don't. I also have the old carving platter that PC the stoneware one with the cutting board insert. Rarely use that one, but it comes in handy. I just don't like how small it is, that's why I am looking forward to getting the bamboo carving board.That's just my .02. :) Jaye

How funny that I saw this post....I just used mine tonight!! Granted, I was cooking up a turkey I got from my old job last Christmas as our employee gift that's been in the freezer since then. I needed to make room in my freezer, plus I'm having my first-ever Thanksgiving this year and I needed to practice! It IS beautiful and the side with the little well worked GREAT to hold all the juices and kept the turkey from moving around too much while I carved it. The roasting pan was perfect and I especially loved the Meat Lifters because that made transferring the bird SO much easier!

I probably won't be pulling those things out too often, but I'll be so glad to have them when I do. If you can get that Carving Board for 60% off as a host in November, I say go for it! Those Turkey Basics recipe cards are great too!:D The turkey was very yummy!!! Now I'm psyched for hosting Thanksgiving for my family and my in-laws----17 people total!

The Bamboo Carving board was what convinced me to have my first show!I bought the bamboo cutting board because in the winter, I roast a lot of chickens and beef and pork roasts and got tired of getting the juices all over my counter and floor.I had a cheap polyethylene board that didn't hold enough liquid.All my heavy wooden boards would crack and split, no matter how carefully I dried them after washing.I had one wooden board that fit into a metal tray, which did hold the juices, but cleaning it was kind of gross because the juices would seep under the board, so it was always a mess to wash.So I bought the bamboo board for totally practical reasons. It is laminated layers, so it will never split. Plus the juice wells are deep enough to handle any roast. I love my board! I bought an extra one to give as a gift and will be selling the heck out of them at my November shows!!!PS: It is true that the smooth surface gets scored by the knives... but I think it is still gorgeous.

on top of that the bamboo used isn't a food source for animals

I say it is a holiday must have

I Love this board!I got my Carving Board as a SS bonus last year, I love it and use it all the time. Yes, it has knife marks on it, but that just shows that I use it. This board is great for carving (remember, it's not a cutting board but a carving board). I even use it for just a little chicken (with my meat lifters!) I also use it in the summer time for my watermelon - it fits in the dipped area and doesn't roll off my board. I have several hosts and guests who have orderd it and they all love it too.

I just think it is pretty. I tell people that it is one item that will make you look like you cook if you just leave it out on the counter. Plus, get a roasted chicken from the grocery store and carve it on there - who knows if you roasted it yourself!

I don't think it's a good value at full price, but I will be getting one as a host this month too. We hosted Thanksgiving last year and carving that turkey was a MESS without it!

I have had several guests/hosts order the board, and they all rave about it. It's looks, it's quality, and that it actually works! I'm getting one in a couple of weeks...and am really looking forward to it. I'm sure there will be knife marks...

It is beautiful! But it is so heavy that I won't bring it to my shows. I haven't used it either and I have had it for about a year.

I love mine. I bring it to every show, and I sell them like hotcakes!!!! I bought it before I became a consultant, and I can not imagine not having it. Do a little reading up on food-bourne diseases and bamboo, I promise you will want one and so will all of your guests!!!

Related to Opinions on This Product: Beauty vs Practicality

What is the most important factor to consider when choosing a product from Pampered Chef?

The most important factor to consider when choosing a product from Pampered Chef is the balance between beauty and practicality. Our products are designed to not only look aesthetically pleasing, but also to be highly functional and make your cooking experience easier.

What are some examples of products that have both beauty and practicality?

Some examples of products that have both beauty and practicality are our stoneware bakeware, which is not only visually appealing but also provides even heat distribution for perfect baking results, and our stainless steel cookware, which has a sleek and modern design while also being durable and easy to clean.

How does Pampered Chef ensure the quality of their products?

At Pampered Chef, we have a rigorous testing process to ensure the quality of our products. We work closely with our design and production teams to create products that meet our high standards and undergo extensive testing by both professionals and home cooks before being released to the market.

Can I return a product if I am not satisfied with its beauty or practicality?

Yes, at Pampered Chef we have a satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the beauty or practicality of a product, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Are there any products that are specifically designed for both beauty and practicality?

Yes, we have a range of products that are specifically designed for both beauty and practicality, such as our silicone kitchen tools that come in a variety of fun and vibrant colors while also being heat-resistant and easy to clean. Our serving platters and bowls are also designed to be visually appealing while being durable and practical for everyday use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Smashie