• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House: A First-Timer's Guide

In summary, the Open House went well because it was a "round robin" where everyone had to go to every booth. This allowed for more interaction and sales.
kjkjsj
Hi! I am doing an open house for someone in June. I have never done one before. What do I do at one? What kind of invitations should I send her to mail out? If anyone has any input it would be much appreciated!! :confused:

It really depends on what kind of show you'll be doing...is it an Open House where people will be coming SOMETIME between 3-5 or will the guests all arrive at 3? If it's a set arrival time, I would run a normal show, and if the host wants a theme show, go with that (there are TONS of theme show ideas in the theme show section!). If it was a 'walk through' show, I would have recipes made, and a few things out to demonstrate some tools as people go through.
Let us know how it goes!!

It's an open house from 7-9pm---just a walk through one. So if I make recipes, do I charge the host the cost of the ingredients? or how would I do that? Should I just make up some invitations?

If you purchase the ingredients, tell the host the same ingredients that you'll be using, then you can take them with you. Or if it's easier to ask for a dollar amount, that's easy too. Some people feel strange doing that, though. If you tell her the recipe ingredients, then it's just like it was a show. YOu can save them to make them for yourself or use them at another show. That's my 2 cents! :)

I think no matter what, I'd have the food ready (or almost ready) when people start coming in, and have things to demontrate or DECORATE the top of what you've already made (ie: cheese grater with chocolate over a pie, etc). About the ingredients, it depends on if you want to come early and make the items, or to trust your host to make them ahead of time...whatever you're comfortable with!
...and isn't part of the $15 hospitality for getting groceries? How would you not give that to them in PP if you did buy the groceries?... :confused:

I don't think there's a way to NOT give them the $15 hospitality bonus, unless you count it as a catalog show. But, if you have her pay you or give the same ingredients to you that you supply, then she should still get the hospitality bonus. Hope that makes sense!

sure does, thanks :)

Why is she doing an open house as opposed to a regular kitchen show? The reason I ask is that an open house can be so iffy. Why not just have a regular kitchen show? Does she have an objection to a normal kitchen show?

I just did an Open House last Monday...didnt know if a Monday would work out but tried it anyway. I had it with a few others ex: Home Interior, Tastefully Simple, Stampin Up etc. We got together and did a mailing list sending out 400 invitations (flyers). It was called a "Round Robin Open House" from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Since it was a round robin this made all customers have to go to everyones booth to check out their products...then if they had been to all booths (Had to carry a paper around to get all our stamps on it..they got to put it in a drawing for the grand prize!) Then it was up to each individual what we wanted for our drawing..mine was a Mystery Hostess drawing. We ended up having about 100 people. I had $800 + in sales which wasnt bad, considering they had about 11 booths to choose from to spend their money. This was my most successful Open House as have had them in the past with not much response...not sure why was so well attended this time but am definately doing again! PS: I didnt do any food at my booth.

That is GREAT! I"ve never done an open house where that many people came. Even with sending out the same amount of flyers/invitations. That's just amazing that you had $800 in orders. Let us know what other tips seemed to make it so successful! I've done about two Open Houses a year and am thinking about cutting it back to one because they're usually pretty lame.

Do you think the Round Robin format is what helped? Or did some people just visit your both soley to get the stamp? I guess that format does give you the opportunity to talk to each person who visits your booth. Do you have any flyers you could post here that explain this format? I'd love to borrow it if I decide to do something like it. Thanks and congrats on a great open house!!

I am not very computer smart...so dont know how to post the actual flyer. It just basically explained what we were doing and when and who...you know, the basics. Then at the front of the location one person handed out the slip with all our names on it(and explained what it was for) and each booth had a different stamp to use. Some people did just go around to get the stamp...but most stopped and looked or visited. Its kinda had to explain in words..easier if you were to see it...sorry :confused:

Christmas in JulyI am planning a Christmas in July show July 23rd...after I have returned from conference 2 and recuperated from returning to work. LOL I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. I searched the theme shows listed on this site and found an invitation, but nothing else. Did I miss it somewhere? Should I prepare a holiday recipe (wreath, etc)? Should I decorate for Christmas? How exactly do you go about setting this up? I want to put together some gift set suggestions and use the gift giving flyer we had at Christmas time (with changes where needed). I would appreciate any and all suggestions. I have already posted the show on my website. Let me know what you think.

Shawnna

Well I just hosted my first Open House. 4 people showed up and there weren't any sales. I wouldn't say that it's was an entire flop though, I did get one catalogue show from it, as well as a contact to a possible business opportunity. Have any of you offered discounts for bulk orders?

What is an open house and why should I attend one?

An open house is an event where Pampered Chef consultants showcase our products and cooking techniques. It's a great opportunity for you to see our products in action and ask any questions you may have about them. Plus, you'll get to taste delicious food and possibly win some free products or discounts!

Do I need to bring anything to an open house?

No, you don't need to bring anything except your curiosity and appetite! We will provide all the necessary supplies and ingredients for the demonstrations and tastings.

Can I purchase products at an open house?

Yes, you can purchase products at an open house. Our consultants will have catalogs available for you to place an order, or you can purchase products directly at the event. We accept cash, credit cards, and checks.

Is there a cost to attend an open house?

No, there is no cost to attend an open house. It is completely free and open to anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef and our products.

Can I bring a friend to an open house?

Of course! The more, the merrier. We encourage you to bring friends and family members who may also be interested in Pampered Chef products. Just make sure to RSVP so we can plan accordingly for the number of attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• racaotto
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel