• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oops! What I Meant to Say Was...

summary,At a cooking show, one of the directors was discussing the recipe ideas and said the one was nice because it used "puss pastry". Three other directors laughed until they were gasping. The speaker realized she said something wrong and explained that a clove means one piece. Another director said she had heard that before and the speaker said she had too.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
Has anyone ever said something at a cooking show that came out wrong? How did you handle it?

A funny thing happened at our Cluster Meeting last night. One of the directors was discussing the Red, White and Blue recipe ideas and said the one was nice because it used "puss pastry". :eek: She said that three times until we all just busted out laughing! :balloon: Anyone else have a funny story?

Someone always calls the meat tenderizer the 'meat beater'....

I was trying to say that the guest were welcome to take a look/peek at products in my TTA, but instead I said that they could..........

take a leak on my products:eek:

so glad no one took me up on that!:rolleyes:

Of course, I have.Of course, they were well planned and rehearsed.;)

I always get tongue tied trying to say "non-slip grips" when talking about the cutting boards.

I did have this older guest at a show that spent over $60. I told her she could choose April special since she was over 60. She asked how I knew she was over 60. She thought I was talking about her age & I was giving her a senior discount.:blushing:

At our cluster meeting last Monday, the director doing the demo was about to use a Nylon Scraper to separate a clove off of the bulb of garlic. I thought this was an amazingly brilliant idea, and gasped in surprise. Unfortunately, it was right while she was explaining that a clove meant one piece, and that some people think that the entire bulb is a clove of garlic, so she thought I was excited to finally learn the difference between a bulb and a clove of garlic! She made a joke like, "See, PC takes all kinds." And I was like, "No, really, I just thought it was a clever use for the Nylon Scraper!" I am not sure if she believed me or not... :blushing:

At a show last week I called the Master Scraper the Masturbator. I didn't even catch it, but the hilarious shriek followed by a boat load of laughter made me know I had said something wrong. I don't know why, but every single time I see that product "masturbator" comes to mind.

That's classic Diane!! Now that all I'm going to see too!! Thanks for that!

dianevill said:
At a show last week I called the Master Scraper the Masturbator. I didn't even catch it, but the hilarious shriek followed by a boat load of laughter made me know I had said something wrong. I don't know why, but every single time I see that product "masturbator" comes to mind.
And you guys all wonder about ME.

Oh Diane........ That is hysterical!!!!

OMG, Diane! Too funny!! I can't believe you didn't even catch yourself!! LOL!

I am sure I have said many stupid things over the years, though none come to mind right now. I'll have to think about it and get back to you...;)

You are a trip, Diane! :p

I just got home from a cooking show and I was wondering if I would slip up. I had a hard time saying "Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon". I think I had peanut butter on the roof of my mouth!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And you guys all wonder about ME.

For the record, I only got this way because of all my Cheffer friends:) .

dianevill said:

We will take credit where credit is due!:D

dianevill said:

Do you cross sell that with the Meat Tenderizer mentioned earlier?!?!:D

When talking about the melon ball tool at the end of the new Chef's Corer, I am always careful to avoid saying things like "melon baller" and "balled melons." I do mention, however, that I "have never had great success with the standard melon ball tool." Once, at a co-ed show, my voice cracked as I was saying it. It sounded like I said, "I've never had really great sex." I didn't realize that's how it had sounded until the host's husband stopped me and told me. I said, "My poor husband. He's been maligned, and he's not even here to defend himself."

continuing with the core & more.... at a show I was getting excited, telling all the ladies that now with the core & more you can have perfectly round balls, as opposed to mishappen or flat balls. It was not until the crowd (mostly "mature" women started laughing hysterically that I clued in as to how they interpreted my comments. I think I turned 5 shades of red:blushing:

When your crowd reacts like that to a meant-to-be-innocent comment, you know they're having a good time.

chefann said:
When your crowd reacts like that to a meant-to-be-innocent comment, you know they're having a good time.

Just like here!

stacywhitlow said:
I always get tongue tied trying to say "non-slip grips" when talking about the cutting boards.

I did have this older guest at a show that spent over $60. I told her she could choose April special since she was over 60. She asked how I knew she was over 60. She thought I was talking about her age & I was giving her a senior discount.:blushing:

LOL...this is too funny. This is good!:D

I said, "I'm so glad Shelly has gas...." I meant a gas stove, of course I didn't it all said becasue of the roars of laughter and Shelly said " gee thanks Diana...."

I agree, but Diane's scraper takes the cake!

Last August, I was at a show talking about our forged cutlery. I explained that "Santuko" means 3 good things in Japanese because it's good for slicing, dicing and...had a guest suggest that it looked like it was good knife for Loretta Bobbitt to use before I could finish my statement. I discouraged it's use for bobbittizing any men...though the knife should do the job, the job would put you in jail!

dianevill said:
Yeah, some of them will do that to you. :) :angel:

That's ok. We had a meeting one time after Conference a few years ago and they invited spouses that had attended Conference. My DH was one of them. Well, they were introducing new products and had everyone hold up a product and name a few uses for it etc. Well, my DH got the Chef's tongs and the comedian that he is, got up and announced that he had the Chef's Thongs. Not sure what else he said as everyone was rolling on the floor laughing so hard for a long while after that. Needless to say I don't take those to my shows or I might slip up.

Related to Oops! What I Meant to Say Was...

What is "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..."?

"Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..." is a versatile kitchen tool that helps prevent messes and spills while cooking or serving. It is a silicone funnel that easily attaches to bowls, pots, and pans, allowing for more precise pouring and transferring of ingredients.

How do I use "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..."?

To use "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was...", simply attach the funnel to the edge of your bowl, pot, or pan. Then, pour your ingredients through the funnel, using the spout to control the flow. The funnel can also be used to strain liquids or sift dry ingredients.

Is "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..." dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..." is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and longevity.

What materials is "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..." made of?

"Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..." is made of high-quality, food-grade silicone. This material is heat-resistant, durable, and non-toxic, making it safe to use with hot or cold ingredients.

Can "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..." be used for both cooking and serving?

Yes, "Oops! What I Meant to Say Was..." is designed to be used for both cooking and serving. Its versatile design makes it a handy tool for any kitchen, whether you are preparing a meal or serving drinks at a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies