• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old-Style Wine Openers: 4 for Your Customer

In summary, there is a customer who is looking for the old style wine opener, but is not interested in the new one. The main difference between the two is that the new one has a detachable foil cutter and is considered to be much better. However, there have been issues with the new opener not working properly with certain types of synthetic corks. Despite this, many people love the new opener and find it easy to use. Some have even had the old opener break due to the foil cutter being left in while trying to use the corkscrew. Overall, the new wine opener is highly recommended and is considered one of the best non-wing type openers available.
Boomerjojo
I have a customer that wants the old style wine opener? She wants a total of 4.

I showed her the new wine opener in the catalog and she just doesn't seem to be interested. Does anyone know what the difference is between the new one and the old one?

yes, the new one is WAY BETTER!!! That is the difference! :)

The old one has a detachable foil cutter. I will try to scan a pic for you.

thanks!!!!

I have the new wine opener & only tried once to use it. It wouldn't work! The "cork" was a spongy / soft "pseudo cork" & it looked like the corkscrew part was going in, but it didn't.
Any tips?
I've been scared to take it to show until I can get it working properly...

Here you go

Last edited:
The problem with the old one was that if you forgot that the foil cutter was in the base of the opener (or someone who didn't know) and would use it with it in there the foil cutter would break - the metal teeth that cut the foil would break off. They fixed that with the new one.

I liked the old one fine but I l:love:ve the new one! It's great!

I love the new one too. It is so easy.Ihavenever had a problem with it. Maybe youcansee if you can borrow and old one a new one and show them both to her and let her use them.

peichef said:
I have the new wine opener & only tried once to use it. It wouldn't work! The "cork" was a spongy / soft "pseudo cork" & it looked like the corkscrew part was going in, but it didn't.
Any tips?
I've been scared to take it to show until I can get it working properly...

It goes all the way down in, then pulls the cork up. I've used it on several synthetic corks (all in the interested of research, of course LOL!), and it worked fine--even on the spongy ones. I do notice, though, that with some I had to apply a little pressure to get it started.

well Rae, I guess I'll just have to try it again :) "In the name of research, of course!" lol.

I never could figure out how the old one worked! Love the new one though :)

I just remembered that DH broke the "new" one last year....I wonder if I can get it replaced if I act quick?!?!?

I show the new wine bottle opener at shows and show them how you can open a bottle with one finger - everyone is always amazed! I liked the old one okay, too, but my SIL and mom both broke a foil cutter by not taking it out before trying to take out the cork with the corkscrew part, so it was starting to get frustrating. I'm glad they changed it - the new one is smaller and easier to store in a drawer, too, and it comes with a pretty velvet bag!!

I didn't have experience with the old one but the new one is one of the best non-wing type openers I have ever used.
I love it. Once you get it started you can use just one finger! It's awesome!

1. How do I use the old-style wine opener to open a bottle?

To use the old-style wine opener, first remove the foil from the top of the bottle. Then, insert the pointed end of the opener into the cork and twist it into the cork until only one curl remains. Use the two handles to pull up on the cork and remove it from the bottle.

2. Can this wine opener be used for all types of wine bottles?

Yes, the old-style wine opener is designed to work with all types of wine bottles, including those with synthetic corks.

3. Is the old-style wine opener easy to clean?

Yes, the wine opener can be easily cleaned with warm water and soap. Make sure to dry it thoroughly afterwards to prevent rusting.

4. How durable is the old-style wine opener?

The old-style wine opener is made with high-quality materials and is built to last. With proper care, it can last for many years.

5. Can this wine opener also be used to remove beer bottle caps?

No, the old-style wine opener is specifically designed for wine bottles and should not be used to remove beer bottle caps. We recommend using a bottle opener specifically made for beer bottles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefpat
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pamela