• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Recipe- Chinese Chicken Salad Anyone?

In summary, the conversation was about a person looking for a Chinese Chicken Salad recipe for an upcoming Hawaiian-themed party. The recipe from Pampered Chef includes ingredients such as chicken, almonds, green onions, and a homemade dressing. The salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi
way back about 4-5 years ago I heard of this great salad PC ladies were making. I am new and only have a few cook books. Does anyone have this recipe for the Chinese Chicken salad? I have a hawaiian theme b-day party to go to and wanted to impress everyone with a good PC recipe to share!

thanks~! in advance!

Chinese Chicken SaladIngredients: • 2 cups cooked chicken, diced• 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds• 1/4 cup chopped green onions• 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil• 2 tablespoons soy sauce• 2 tablespoons white sugar• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar• 2 teaspoons sesame oil• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger• 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-size piecesDirections: 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, almonds, green onions, water chestnuts and sesame seeds.2. In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and ginger. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.3. Place lettuce on a serving plate, top with the chicken mixture and serve.

Here is a delicious recipe for Chinese Chicken Salad from Pampered Chef:Chinese Chicken Salad:Ingredients:- 1 head of green cabbage, shredded- 1 head of red cabbage, shredded- 1 cup shredded carrots- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced- 1 cup sliced snow peas- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted- 1 cup shredded chicken- 1/4 cup chopped green onionsDressing:- 1/3 cup rice vinegar- 1/3 cup vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons honey- 1 tablespoon soy sauce- 1 tablespoon grated ginger- 1 clove minced garlic- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakesInstructions:1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded green and red cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, snow peas, water chestnuts, almonds, chicken, and green onions.2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, vegetable oil, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes to make the dressing.3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.4. Serve and enjoy! This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. Just give it a quick toss before serving.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Old Recipe- Chinese Chicken Salad?

To make Old Recipe- Chinese Chicken Salad, you will need: cooked chicken breast, coleslaw mix, ramen noodles, sliced almonds, green onions, sesame seeds, rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, and soy sauce.

2. Can I use pre-shredded coleslaw mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-shredded coleslaw mix for convenience. However, the salad will have a better texture if you shred the cabbage and carrots yourself.

3. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Absolutely! You can use any protein of your choice such as shrimp, tofu, or beef. Just be sure to cook it thoroughly before adding it to the salad.

4. How long will Old Recipe- Chinese Chicken Salad stay fresh in the fridge?

This salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, it is best to add the dressing right before serving to prevent the noodles from becoming soggy.

5. Can I make this salad ahead of time for a party or potluck?

Yes, this is a great make-ahead salad for parties or potlucks. Just keep the dressing separate and toss it with the salad right before serving to maintain its freshness and crunch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chef131doreen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • itsjustCarla