• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Share Egg Salad Recipes Too??

In summary, the best Egg Salad recipe is found at a small restaurant that closed and the lady refused to share her recipe. Another good recipe is found via experimentation with different ingredients.
itsjustCarla
Ok.....we have a CHICKEN SALAD thread started with some awesome chicken salad recipes. Now, how about EGG SALAD?!?

When I was pregnant with my older son, I walked to this little restaurant/lunch counter for lunch almost every day. They had the best egg salad ever, but the lady would never share her recipe. The lunch counter closed after a few years and she took her recipe with her. I have tried and tried, but I have never made an egg salad that I can say I love.

Mine is so pathetically simple it is ridiculous...Hardboiled eggs, Miracle Whip until consistency looks good and diced onion.
(That one is for those who like Miracle Whip).I have some fancier ones around but no time to look right now - off to work.

Mine is simple too....but not like Janet's - because I'm not a Miracle Whip lover.

Chopped Hardboiled Eggs
Mayo
a little daub of mustard
finely minced onion
sweet pickle relish w/ a bit of the juice.

No measurements - just until it looks and tastes right.

This is probably why she would never give you her recipe.....it was all done by sight and taste.....:D

boiled eggs
hellmans
green olives
1/2 yellow onion
black pepper

Boiled eggs
1/2 mayo, 1/2 miracle whip
yellow mustard
lawry's season salt
LITTLE bit of sugar
our dill seasoning mix

(Then, put dill seasoning mix on top of eggs when done)

I have been known to mix in finely chopped bacon, too....YUM!

Ok......I guess that wasn't the greatest thread to start, eh? LOL.

itsjustCarla said:
Ok......I guess that wasn't the greatest thread to start, eh? LOL.

Well, I guess you've learned that no one has an actual recipe for Egg Salad!:D :chef:

Real Simple

Hard boiled egg
Hellman's
salt and pepper to taste.

See, I told you it was real simple!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, I guess you've learned that no one has an actual recipe for Egg Salad!:D :chef:

I guess I should've titled it "How Do YOU Make Egg Salad?"

Oh well, lesson learned. LOL.

Besides the Best Foods/Hellman's mayo and a bit of mustard, I like to add garlic power, diced celery and sometimes sliced waterchestnuts. On a croissant or nice roll, with lettuce and perhaps a slice of tomato=great sandwich.Next time will add minced onions, sounds yummy!

Mine is simple too...

Eggs
Mayo
Green onion
celery
tad bit of mustard
pepper
garlic salt
parsley

1. Can I use any type of eggs for egg salad?

Yes, you can use any type of eggs for egg salad. However, hard-boiled eggs are typically used for traditional egg salad recipes.

2. How long does egg salad stay fresh?

Egg salad can stay fresh for up to 3-5 days when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

3. Can I add other ingredients to my egg salad?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to your egg salad to customize it to your taste. Some popular additions include diced celery, chopped pickles, and diced onion.

4. How do I prevent my egg salad from becoming watery?

To prevent your egg salad from becoming watery, make sure to drain your hard-boiled eggs before mashing them. You can also add a little bit of mayonnaise at a time to reach your desired consistency.

5. Can I make egg salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make egg salad ahead of time. However, it is best to wait until right before serving to mix in any wet ingredients, such as mayonnaise, to prevent the salad from becoming soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies