• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Catalogs: What To Do With Them?

In summary, Ann is considering what to do with her old catalogs. She plans to use them at craft fairs, leave them in doctor's offices, and give them out to people at shows. She also prints the large shipping labels and puts them in the middle of the front cover of the old catalogs.
jessicafawn
Gold Member
It's almost time for a new season of catalogs and we are now able to order new ones for this season... my question for everyone is what do you do with you old ones??? I still have a lot and have no idea what to do with them and I'd hate to just throw them out. I know not to order as many next time that's for sure...

use them. You don't HAVE to order the new ones. They have the same products in them, just a different layout and pictures. I just ordered 100 of the "old" ones--you better bet I'll be using them!!!!

I'm not ordering the new ones for this season... there's really no reason to. But when Fall comes around that's when I won't be able to use them anymore... That's really when I want to know what to do with them.

Those are really good for leaving around with a note that says "for a currant catalog call me". It's good advertising and they don't go to waste.

Great idea!!!! Thanks!!!!

I hand out old ones at craft fairs and such.

I leave them in doctor's offices and hospital waiting rooms. I've had several orders that way - just got one last week as a matter of fact :)

Almost time for me to start searching out the files for the poem sticker...

Here's the poem I put on my old catalogs, before I use them at craft/vendor fairs:Though the date on this catalog may be old,
Just look inside and you'll be sold.
Many fine products you will see.
Call me to learn how to get some free!
If extra income is what you need
I can help you to succeed.name, phone, email, websiteI print them on the large shipping labels that come 6 to a page and stick them right in the middle of the front cover.

I like your poem, Ann, I might just use it. Only one question, though - do people ever complain if they see an item in the old catalog and the price has since gone up? That happened to me a couple of times in the change from F/W to S/S - There were old catalogs in the host packets, and people ended up underpaying for their items.

I make sure that my host packets have the correct catalogs for the date of the show. I haven't had a lot of response from old ones that I pass out at fairs, so I can't really answer your question as it pertains to those situations. I use the old catalogs at fairs, though, because a) I might as well use them rather than just throw them out; and b) why use new catalogs that I'll have to replace for the current season (at sometimes considerable expense) when 99% of the people who ask for one at a fair will NEVER place an order.

I think I had given out my host packets before the new catalogs were out, IIRC. Maybe with the F/W changeover I will hold hostess packets until I have the new catalogs, to avoid that problem... I usually give them out at the show where the future show is booked, to save on postage.But my concern would still be that someone ordering from an old catalog would want stuff at the old price. Although, I guess you are right - at least it gets information out there, and since most of the time they don't order anyway, at least it is better than throwing them away.

jbachen said:
I think I had given out my host packets before the new catalogs were out, IIRC. Maybe with the F/W changeover I will hold hostess packets until I have the new catalogs, to avoid that problem... I usually give them out at the show where the future show is booked, to save on postage.

But my concern would still be that someone ordering from an old catalog would want stuff at the old price. Although, I guess you are right - at least it gets information out there, and since most of the time they don't order anyway, at least it is better than throwing them away.

I give out host packets without the catalogs when they are booking for a new season. Then, I mail 2 catalogs to them when I get them. That way, they can still be working on their guest list, and they can start putting together their own wishlist from their personal catalog....

Here are the labels in Microsoft Word.

Attachments

• Old Catalog Labels-generic.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 656

1. What should I do with old Pampered Chef catalogs?

There are a few options for what you can do with your old Pampered Chef catalogs. You can recycle them, donate them to a local library or community center, use them for crafting projects, or keep them for future reference.

2. Can I still use a Pampered Chef catalog that is several years old?

While some products may still be available from older catalogs, it's best to check the current catalog or our website for updated products and pricing. Some products may have been discontinued or updated since the catalog was released.

3. How often do new Pampered Chef catalogs come out?

Pampered Chef releases new catalogs twice a year, in the spring/summer and fall/winter. However, we also have seasonal catalogs that are released throughout the year, featuring special collections and promotions.

4. Can I order products from an older Pampered Chef catalog?

As long as the products are still available, you can order from an older catalog. However, keep in mind that prices and availability may have changed since the catalog was released.

5. Can I request a specific Pampered Chef catalog if I missed it?

Unfortunately, we are not able to send out specific catalogs upon request. However, you can view all of our current and past catalogs on our website, or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Halle-Doodle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pamperedchef.jinni
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mmilus