• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Catalogs, Too Old to Give Out?

In summary, the author is worried about pricing differences and thinks that if people are grabbing info, they probably want what's current. They also mention that they have some personalized pens they can give out if someone walks off with one.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am doing a booth this Saturday. I have a lot of left over catty's from Spring '09 and Fall/Winter '09. Are they just too old to be handed out? I worry about the price differences and think that if people are grabbing info, they probably want what's current. Right?I have a lot of our current catty's, but just wasn't sure if I should give those away.

Definitely not. I have some stickers I print on mine with this:

Though the date on this catalog may be old,
Just look inside and you'll be sold...
Many great products you will see
Call to learn how to get some for FREE!
If a business opportunity is what you need
I can help you to succeed!

If they'd like to see the current catalog, you can then let them know that you'll be happy to send out the mini-catalog (or full-sized one, depending on what you want to spend) to them, and get their information.

I agree with Noora. I did a table earlier this month and handed out F/W catalogs. I told them I had run out of the current ones. Depending on their actual interest, I'd refer them to my website, or give them a mini for the "new products".

If they seemed like a good lead, I'd take their info down and mention my newsletter.

I picked up about $400 in orders, got a lot of potential bookings for May/June.

I've been handing out the F/W09 catalogs too with the "old" sticker on them. I just tell them that they can go to my web site to see any new products or pricing.

Put old catalogs and/or minis on my table for events. That way the people who just come by and pick up whatever's lying out (including the occasional pen). I always have a stack of new catalogs under my table for handing out to those who request one.

I drop the old catalogs off at all the waiting rooms I go to.

raebates said:
Put old catalogs and/or minis on my table for events. That way the people who just come by and pick up whatever's lying out (including the occasional pen). I always have a stack of new catalogs under my table for handing out to those who request one.

You should get a few personalized pens from Vistaprint. This way, when someone walks off with a pen, they have all your info!

I also do not hand out new catalogs at vendor event's unless someone specifically ask's for it. Most time's people just walk around and "collect" things from the various booth's and they end up in the trash later. :D

Last edited:
I'm in the minority. I don't use old catalogs. I hand out mini catalogs at booths, etc...and if someone places an order, I give them a full size catalog.

I wouldn't want an old catalog from someone with old prices and discontinued products...so that's what I use as my point of reference. :eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm in the minority. I don't use old catalogs. I hand out mini catalogs at booths, etc...and if someone places an order, I give them a full size catalog.

I wouldn't want an old catalog from someone with old prices and discontinued products...so that's what I use as my point of reference. :eek:

This is kind of the frame of mind I'm in. In past vendor events, I just gave out last season kind of things. If they asked what's new, then I gave them a new one. But this event will be with the families from my kids school. I don't know, for some reason I'm thinking of how if I like a company and went to the booth, I'd be curious to see what's new. If all they had sitting out was outdated material, I'd be turned off.

The problem is that I only have 2 packs of current mini's, but a HUGE amount of full size. I know I don't want to give out all these full size new ones to every person, especially if they just end up in the trash.

Decisions, decisions...

Sometimes people pick up old catalogs just for the recipes.Epsecially with the old catalogs, almost nothing was discontinued. So I have no problem with handing them out, as long as people realize they're old and can go to my web site for current products and prices.

Related to Old Catalogs, Too Old to Give Out?

1. Can I still use old catalogs to place an order?

No, we recommend using our current catalogs to place orders as they contain the most up-to-date products and pricing information.

2. How far back do you consider a catalog to be "too old"?

We consider catalogs from the past 2-3 years to be outdated and no longer suitable to give out to customers.

3. Can I still use the products from an old catalog if I have them at home?

Yes, the products themselves do not expire. However, we recommend referencing our current catalogs for recipe and product usage information.

4. Can I request an old catalog if I lost mine?

Unfortunately, we do not keep copies of old catalogs. We recommend using our online catalog or contacting your consultant for assistance.

5. Why do you not allow the use of old catalogs?

We want to ensure that our customers have the most current and accurate information about our products and pricing. Using old catalogs may result in confusion and incorrect orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueikaos
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
LindaBastian
  • PC For Me 2 Move Out
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • bakinwithbacon