• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay I Have a Question for Seasoned Vets......

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of baking hamburgers on stoneware and whether it is healthier or not. Some people believe that the grease would not drain off the edge of the stone, making it a healthier option. However, others point out the potential fire hazard and suggest using a bar pan instead. Overall, opinions are divided on whether cooking on stoneware is healthier or not.
smarteez2
Gold Member
My MIL is in town visiting and we were talking about stoneware. Someone told her that she could bake hamburgers on our round or rectangular stones and the grease would not drain off the edge of the stone. Does anyone out there know if this is true or not. She said she thinks that would be wonderful and would be so much healthier to cook them that way. However, I don't think it would cause if the grease does not drain off, aren't they just sitting in the grease cooking? Could someone shed some light on the subject for me? And if you can could you help me understand how the grease does not run off? Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:
I would think that the grease would drain off the flat stone into the bottom of your oven and could cause a fire. You could bake them on a bar pan, but yes, the grease would be in the bottom of the pan. I don't see how that would be healthier. Anyone else have an idea?

you could put it on the stone but it would drip. You'd need something on the bottom to catch all the grease.

I wouldn't bake anything with juices on a flat stone, I would recommend the bar pan for this. I don't know if baking the meat would be any healthier either but it could be done.

My first show I made the taco ring and had several people in the kitchen HELPING OUT. Well when we got the ring in the oven apparently they forgot to drain and rinse the meat and it dripped off the edge and we had a small fire in the oven.I don't suggest this at all. Thank godness it was my sisters house and not a stranger.

Thanks all!!That's what I thought. I appreciate everyone's help.

pamperedangel06 said:
My first show I made the taco ring and had several people in the kitchen HELPING OUT. Well when we got the ring in the oven apparently they forgot to drain and rinse the meat and it dripped off the edge and we had a small fire in the oven.I don't suggest this at all. Thank godness it was my sisters house and not a stranger.

After that I think that I would look about like smarteez2's avatar. Sounds just like my luck.

I don't think it's any healthier to cook on a stone, but the meat is definately juicier and more tender. I cook all my meats in the bar pan, and unless I over cook it, my steaks, pork chops, chicken, everything is YUMMY! Plus it's soooo much easier to clean up!

1. What are some tips for hosting a successful Pampered Chef party?

Some tips for hosting a successful Pampered Chef party include choosing a theme, inviting a diverse group of guests, providing light snacks and drinks, and offering incentives for guests who book parties. It is also important to engage with guests and demonstrate the products in an interactive and fun way.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes a variety of products and business materials. You will also receive training and support from your team leader and the company.

3. What are some popular Pampered Chef products?

Some popular Pampered Chef products include the Quick Cooker, Deep Covered Baker, Garlic Press, and Mix 'N Scraper. Other top-sellers include the Rockcrok, Food Chopper, and Cut-N-Seal. The brand also offers a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware.

4. Are there any Pampered Chef discounts or promotions?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various discounts and promotions throughout the year. These can include discounts on specific products, free shipping, or bonus items with a purchase. You can also earn discounts and free products by hosting a party or becoming a consultant.

5. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on all products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Some exclusions may apply, so it is best to check with your consultant or the company's website for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • PCSarahjm
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies