• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay I have a question for seasoned vets......

smarteez2

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2005
My MIL is in town visiting and we were talking about stoneware. Someone told her that she could bake hamburgers on our round or rectangular stones and the grease would not drain off the edge of the stone. Does anyone out there know if this is true or not. She said she thinks that would be wonderful and would be so much healthier to cook them that way. However, I don't think it would cause if the grease does not drain off, aren't they just sitting in the grease cooking? Could someone shed some light on the subject for me? And if you can could you help me understand how the grease does not run off? Thank you in advance!!

Last edited:

Shawnna

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
I would think that the grease would drain off the flat stone into the bottom of your oven and could cause a fire. You could bake them on a bar pan, but yes, the grease would be in the bottom of the pan. I don't see how that would be healthier. Anyone else have an idea?

Feb 25, 2006
you could put it on the stone but it would drip. You'd need something on the bottom to catch all the grease.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I wouldn't bake anything with juices on a flat stone, I would recommend the bar pan for this. I don't know if baking the meat would be any healthier either but it could be done.

Mar 20, 2006
My first show I made the taco ring and had several people in the kitchen HELPING OUT. Well when we got the ring in the oven apparently they forgot to drain and rinse the meat and it dripped off the edge and we had a small fire in the oven.I don't suggest this at all. Thank godness it was my sisters house and not a stranger.

jdavis

Veteran Member
May 20, 2005
pamperedangel06 said:
My first show I made the taco ring and had several people in the kitchen HELPING OUT. Well when we got the ring in the oven apparently they forgot to drain and rinse the meat and it dripped off the edge and we had a small fire in the oven.I don't suggest this at all. Thank godness it was my sisters house and not a stranger.

After that I think that I would look about like smarteez2's avatar. Sounds just like my luck.

ange13

Nov 2, 2005
I don't think it's any healthier to cook on a stone, but the meat is definately juicier and more tender. I cook all my meats in the bar pan, and unless I over cook it, my steaks, pork chops, chicken, everything is YUMMY! Plus it's soooo much easier to clean up!