• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, My Brain Is Fried, Need a Little Help

In summary, Debbie is unsure of how many people will show up for her Middle School devotional, so she is trying to come up with some recipes that everyone will enjoy. She suggests making pizzas, and has two ideas for desserts. She also recommends having additional ingredients on hand in case the event gets crowded.
jenniferlynne
My husband and I are hosting a Middle School Devotional at our house for Church on the 1st and I need some recipe ideas. I know I want to make homemade pizzas, but the problem is, I have no idea how many people will show up. Could be 5, could be 25! I have two large round stones, the rectangle stone and the large bar pan that I can make the pizzas on. Now, this may be plenty or it may not. I have a medium round that I am saving to make Choc. Chip Sensation on. What else can I make that would go good with the pizzas? I thought I would make the Savory Cheese Crostini, or would that be too much bread? Maybe just make a big bowl of either 7-layer salad or Fettucini in my large SA bowl? I doubt the kids will care much for the salad, but any adults that come might like it. We have only been going to this Church since March and I haven't really advertised too much that I do PC, but I would like to try to stick to all PC recipes if possible.

When in doubtWhen in doubt make recipes that you and your family can always use later on. Make sure to buy things you enjoy and your family will love to eat if you get stuck with leftover ingredients.
Pizzas are a big hit and the cool thing about them is that they don't take too long to toss in the oven and then slice and serve.
They are perfect kid foods because all kids love pizza. Well that's according to my husband. But I have personally seen it at my house, pizza is always the first pick. A small salad would be a nice extra for any adults. Mostly females. The women in my church love salads. But the men do not!
One dessert and two regular pizzas would be perfect I think to start off with. Keep other ingredients on hand in case you are swamped.
Debbie :D

The last devo we went to, they had hot dogs and chips, and everything was devoured in no time. I don't remember how many hot dogs they made, but it was a huge pack. There were actually only 4 Middle School kids that came, but there ended up being 7 adults and 2 5 year olds that came.

We actually live about 30 minutes farther out than everyone else, so the youth minister said they will just have everyone meet at the Church and bring the bus out. He said whenever they take the bus anywhere there is usually a larger participation. I'm just not sure how many to expect :rolleyes:

You can always make one of our salsas and have chips and salsa ready to fill in any gaps in the stomach. My favorite is the Apple/Berry Salsa.

I would start with 2 and the crostini. Bread is a great filler! If you go through those, you can always have more ready to put more in the oven. That way they would be fresh also.

Well, I can tell you right now, my family can eat 1 1/2 just by themselves so I will have to have more than two.

Thanks for everyone's input. You guys are always so helpful!

1. How can I organize my kitchen to make cooking easier?

One way to organize your kitchen is to group similar items together, such as keeping all your baking supplies in one area and all your cooking oils and spices in another. Utilizing storage containers and labeling them can also help keep things in order.

2. What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights?

Some quick and easy meal ideas include stir-fry, sheet pan dinners, and one-pot meals. These can be prepared with minimal ingredients and in a short amount of time.

3. How can I make healthier meals without sacrificing flavor?

Using fresh and whole ingredients, such as fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins, can help create healthier meals without sacrificing flavor. Experimenting with herbs and spices instead of relying on salt can also add a lot of flavor to dishes.

4. What kitchen tools are essential for every home cook?

Some essential kitchen tools include a chef's knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a good quality pan. These basic tools can help with a variety of cooking tasks and make meal preparation easier.

5. How can I save time in the kitchen while still making delicious meals?

One way to save time in the kitchen is to meal plan and prep ahead of time. This can include chopping vegetables, marinating meats, and portioning out ingredients for recipes. Using kitchen gadgets, such as a slow cooker or an Instant Pot, can also help save time while still making flavorful meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeAnnR
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies