• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With a Tomato/ Bruschetta Topping for Crostini

In summary, Crostini Caprese recipe does not have a tomato/bruschetta topping. There are 4 different cookbooks that have a reference to a brushetta topping, but the topping in each book is different. One of the cookbooks has an easy topping of garlic, tomato, onion, basil and parsley with salt and pepper. Another book has mozarella as a topping. Lastly, under the broiler, the cheese can melt and be added to the crostini.
Chef Jill
Does anyone know which cookbook has a tomato/bruschetta topping recipe for crostini? Or maybe you have a simple recipe and ingredient list for this? I am doing a show and am making the savory cheese crostini with the olive salad topping, but the hostess would like a tomato topping as well. I would like to serve the 2 toppings in the small simple addition bowls, so the Crostini Caprese recipe won't help me. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jill

Chef Jill said:
Does anyone know which cookbook has a tomato/bruschetta topping recipe for crostini? Or maybe you have a simple recipe and ingredient list for this? I am doing a show and am making the savory cheese crostini with the olive salad topping, but the hostess would like a tomato topping as well. I would like to serve the 2 toppings in the small simple addition bowls, so the Crostini Caprese recipe won't help me. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jill
Hi Jill,
Sign in to Consultant's corner and click on Product & Recipe Search. In the recipe search, type brushetta. It will provide you with each cookbook that there is a brushetta reference. I just checked for you, there's 4 different ones. I've done the one from It's Good for You. Although I did not eat any of them, the guests seemed to like them. Also check for Crostini in your search. The SB had some easy toppings to serve.

Topping: 2- finely diced garlic cloves, 2- chopped and plum tomato, 1 Tbl. of finely diced onion, 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil and parsley, salt and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon of olive oil.

Mix ingredients together and let it sit to blend the flavors. Using a slotted spoon, spoon ontop of toasted bread. You can add some shredded mozarella as a topping. You can also put this under the broiler to melt the cheese.

What is the best way to chop tomatoes for a bruschetta topping?

The best way to chop tomatoes for a bruschetta topping is to first remove the seeds and excess liquid by cutting the tomatoes in half and gently squeezing them over a bowl. Then, dice the tomatoes into small cubes using a sharp knife.

Can I use canned tomatoes for a bruschetta topping?

While fresh tomatoes are recommended for a bruschetta topping, you can use canned tomatoes in a pinch. Just make sure to drain them well and pat them dry before chopping and using them in the topping.

How can I add more flavor to my bruschetta topping?

To add more flavor to your bruschetta topping, you can mix in ingredients such as minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh herbs, or finely diced onions. You can also experiment with different types of tomatoes, such as heirloom or cherry tomatoes, for a different flavor profile.

How far in advance can I make a bruschetta topping?

A bruschetta topping is best made within a few hours of serving, as the tomatoes can become mushy if left to sit for too long. However, you can prepare the ingredients and store them separately in the fridge, then mix them together just before serving.

Can I use a food processor to make a bruschetta topping?

It is not recommended to use a food processor to make a bruschetta topping, as it can over-process the tomatoes and result in a watery consistency. It is best to chop the tomatoes by hand for a better texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • jenniferlynne