• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help with a Tomato/ Bruschetta Topping for Crostini

Chef Jill

Mar 6, 2005
Does anyone know which cookbook has a tomato/bruschetta topping recipe for crostini? Or maybe you have a simple recipe and ingredient list for this? I am doing a show and am making the savory cheese crostini with the olive salad topping, but the hostess would like a tomato topping as well. I would like to serve the 2 toppings in the small simple addition bowls, so the Crostini Caprese recipe won't help me. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jill

rwesterpchef

Advanced Member
Nov 24, 2004
Chef Jill said:
Does anyone know which cookbook has a tomato/bruschetta topping recipe for crostini? Or maybe you have a simple recipe and ingredient list for this? I am doing a show and am making the savory cheese crostini with the olive salad topping, but the hostess would like a tomato topping as well. I would like to serve the 2 toppings in the small simple addition bowls, so the Crostini Caprese recipe won't help me. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jill
Hi Jill,
Sign in to Consultant's corner and click on Product & Recipe Search. In the recipe search, type brushetta. It will provide you with each cookbook that there is a brushetta reference. I just checked for you, there's 4 different ones. I've done the one from It's Good for You. Although I did not eat any of them, the guests seemed to like them. Also check for Crostini in your search. The SB had some easy toppings to serve.

Happy Mom

Aug 11, 2005
Topping: 2- finely diced garlic cloves, 2- chopped and plum tomato, 1 Tbl. of finely diced onion, 1/2 teaspoon each of dried basil and parsley, salt and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon of olive oil.

Mix ingredients together and let it sit to blend the flavors. Using a slotted spoon, spoon ontop of toasted bread. You can add some shredded mozarella as a topping. You can also put this under the broiler to melt the cheese.