• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok...i Just Have to Say That Once Organized It Is Really Not All That

In summary, Carolyn is proud of how much more productive she is with an organized desk, and Jill thanks Carolyn for the inspiration.
cmdtrgd said:
Is it weird that I have about 400 pens? I even have a special pencil box labeled Kate's Fun Pens - and they are all colored and sparkly and stuff! Yes! I own TWO labelers!!!

Whew!! I'm not alone!! I too have about a billion pens and yes some of them are funky and coloured, and silver/gold, etc.!! hee hee..

I am finally working on my office desk. It took a little white to get to it as I had two quilts to finish. I finished the second one last night !! woo hoo!

So I had a little computer desk I used when I was in university that sat in the corner of my dining room. After Christmas and after all the extra STUFF (like gift wrap, unfinished quilt projects for gifts, cards, tags, tape) was removed, I decided to clean up the desk and make it my little office nook. I went to Staples last week and picked up a few things, a hard plastic file box, hanging folders, tabs, files, etc. and started making my little space look more of an office space. I found a really cute small flower pot that I use for all my pens/pencils/markers and it really decorates the top of my desk quite nicely. I have a great decorative box that I store all my loose stationary things like my post it notes, staples, tape, etc. (I dont' have any drawers in this desk). I have two little side shelves to the computer desk and keep my planners, and other binders there (I still have some organizing to do there). I also have a pile of paperwork I need to organize a bit better and put into a better file system. I still need to pick up a few more binders and then I should be about ready.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all your great organizing tips and tricks. I will take a photo of my little nook soon and show it to you all!!!

Cheers

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
I saw that fella that plays Alex I think on Oprah. You know he's married with like 6 kids!!? He doesnt look old enough! kristi

Hmmm, well my Aunt had 6 kids by the time she was 26.

jdavis said:
Hmmm, well my Aunt had 6 kids by the time she was 26.
I could still make it if I tried!! I will be 22 in a few weeks and have 2 1/2 kids now!

gilliandanielle said:
I could still make it if I tried!! I will be 22 in a few weeks and have 2 1/2 kids now!

You go Girl! God Bless you!! I have 3 dogs...ENOUGH for me!!! oh and my BF...LOL:D

It is a full time job!! That's for sure!

gilliandanielle said:
It is a full time job!! That's for sure!
No Kidding!!!! I don't know how you clean like you do w/ your kids.
Well, the 3rd isn't here yet.
My kids drive me crazy, and I would rather clean then them, because I want it CLEAN. Not just "picked up".

Jill, if I send you pics of my "office", will you help me?
I am seriously limited on space.

They have been raised to pick up their stuff, so at 3 and 20 months they know they have to put their toys back in their rooms before naps and bed. That gives me time to really actually CLEAN while they are sleeping. I have been keeping up with putting dishes straight in the dishwasher, so that I don't have a sink full when naptime comes. It leaves time to get on here, or get some other stuff around the house. I also LOVE to vacuum and do it at least once a day, so that helps keep stuff clean looking...

Chozengirl said:
No Kidding!!!! I don't know how you clean like you do w/ your kids.
Well, the 3rd isn't here yet.
My kids drive me crazy, and I would rather clean then them, because I want it CLEAN. Not just "picked up".

Jill, if I send you pics of my "office", will you help me?
I am seriously limited on space.

Of course I will help. I will do what I can. Send some pics!!

Jilleysue anytime you want to come up to the "great white north" and tidy my office please feel free .Hun I'd even cook you a meal;) :p

I love to organize my cupboards, if I didn't spend so much time on here I'd have it all done:eek:

The easiest way to clean out cupboards and drawers is to pull EVERYTHING out and put just what you want back in... it works really well for me at least!

gilliandanielle said:
The easiest way to clean out cupboards and drawers is to pull EVERYTHING out and put just what you want back in... it works really well for me at least!

YUP EXACTLY RIGHT. That is what I do to clean out my Quality Binders each year for Work. They get audited, so I need to make sure only what I need is in there. I pushed this concept into my home and oh boy does a lot get thrown away...LOL :D

gilliandanielle said:
They have been raised to pick up their stuff, so at 3 and 20 months they know they have to put their toys back in their rooms before naps and bed.

:eek: Mine are 11 & 8 :eek:
My 8 year old is cleaning her room & bathroom as I type. She is such a sloB!

Although, I must say that my house was so much more cleaner when I worked.
I think I have too much time on my hands to get it all clean :rolleyes:

Jilleysue said:
Of course I will help. I will do what I can. Send some pics!!
OK, I am gonna PM you with them, or do you want me to email them to you?
I won't post them on here, I am truly imbarrased!
I was an organized FREAK when I worked.
I just can't get this together at home for some reason?
Too much to do maybe :cool:

It's also the lack of space and I don't have the right tools for the job, KWIM?

gilliandanielle said:

This is exactly how I finalyl managed to FIND my desk. Someone on here suggested I take EVERYTHING nad put it in a box...then weed through the box keepign ONLY what I need. IT WORKED and is still working!!

That's how DH handled the cabinets in the kitchen yesterday too!!
Anyone needs a Lemon Zester/Scorer or a pair of kitchen shears or a cutting board (old style - still in package)?

Chozengirl said:
OK, I am gonna PM you with them, or do you want me to email them to you?
I won't post them on here, I am truly imbarrased!
I was an organized FREAK when I worked.
I just can't get this together at home for some reason?
Too much to do maybe :cool:

Um, you can Email me at [email protected], that I check every second. Easier that way

Went to my friends place not that long ago and she pulled everything out of her cupboards and was too lazy to put everyback again. What a mess!!

Works good though, you would be amazed at what you'll chuck in the rubbish just so you don't have to put it back and find room for it.

One cupboard at a time people!! Don't pull everything out of every cupboard!! (Unless I am packing for a show, LMAO!!)

My DH loves to organize. When we were first married I came home to find my underware drawer organized. Undies were folded into "packets" as he calls them and all color coded, socks too. At first I thought maybe he was a perv;)

He does all the washing and ironing, he doesn't like that way I do it. Fine by me:)

OMG Rennea, I would have died, that is TOO Funny!!!!! ROFLMAO

rennea said:
My DH loves to organize. When we were first married I came home to find my underware drawer organized. Undies were folded into "packets" as he calls them and all color coded, socks too. At first I thought maybe he was a perv;)

He does all the washing and ironing, he doesn't like that way I do it. Fine by me:)

Bahahahahhaaaaa!!! I would love someone to come and organize my worlsd...but maybe not my panty drawer - that's a little personal - LOL

rennea said:

Now that's taking organizing to the max!!!!
I bet Jilleysue organizes her panties :D

Chozengirl said:
Now that's taking organizing to the max!!!!
I bet Jilleysue organizes her panties :D

If she doesn't I'm sure my DH would give her some pointers:D :D LOL

rennea said:
If she doesn't I'm sure my DH would give her some pointers:D :D LOL

Bahahahahahaha!!!
Yup...he's a perv ;)

Nope..Pantie drawer is just thrown in there, but I do go thru them every couple of months to get rid of the old ones...

dannyzmom said:
Bahahahahahaha!!!
Yup...he's a perv ;)

Ha ha ha ha:D He's serious about how it's done, has to be just so. He even has little spacers that he put in my drawers so everything is organized. God forbid if panties were mixed with nylons:eek: :eek:
When ironing has scented spray for my things and unscented for his.
He came home one day excited that he found the "perfect" containers to put all my "goop" (make-up) in.

note to self: DH may have OCD

rennea said:
Ha ha ha ha:D He's serious about how it's done, has to be just so. He even has little spacers that he put in my drawers so everything is organized. God forbid if panties were mixed with nylons:eek: :eek:
He came home one day excited that he found the "perfect" containers to put all my "goop" (make-up) in.

OMG what a character!!!
Well, he'd have one less thing to worry about in my house - no nylons. I don't think they even SELL nylons here in Florida!! LOL

OK, did you forget to give him his meds Rennea???

rennea said:

Do you rent him out?

Oh God..nylons..I 'd die..but take away my flip flops..I think I'd have to kill ya...hahahahahaha

dannyzmom said:
This is exactly how I finalyl managed to FIND my desk. Someone on here suggested I take EVERYTHING nad put it in a box...then weed through the box keepign ONLY what I need. IT WORKED and is still working!!

That's how DH handled the cabinets in the kitchen yesterday too!!
Anyone needs a Lemon Zester/Scorer or a pair of kitchen shears or a cutting board (old style - still in package)?

Yeah, uhm....I get tired after the cleaning out, so the putting back takes too long!

Jilleysue said:
Oh God..nylons..I 'd die..but take away my flip flops..I think I'd have to kill ya...hahahahahaha

God forbid!!!

HAHAHA...flipflops with SPARKLES>>>>>LOL

Jilleysue said:
HAHAHA...flipflops with SPARKLES>>>>>LOL

Hell yeah!! Are there any other kinds???

two bits? :D

jdavis said:
OK, did you forget to give him his meds Rennea???

Maybe I should look into getting him meds.:p

Jilleysue said:
The stickers look like more than what is there...

Totally off subject but looking at the last pic - we have the same phone! Don't you love how it announces the phone # so you don't even have to get up to look at the caller ID!!! That should tell you how lazy - I mean busy I am to pick up the phone and look at it!!!:D

Leea

Harrle said:
Totally off subject but looking at the last pic - we have the same phone! Don't you love how it announces the phone # so you don't even have to get up to look at the caller ID!!! That should tell you how lazy - I mean busy I am to pick up the phone and look at it!!!:D

Leea

Oh I love that..just mute the TV and go. There is one out there that says the name. How great would that be?:)

I was looking at all your pics of your office and was happy to see that I am not the only person that loves to spend time organizing. The woman that I signed under laughs at me b/c I have binders and everything filed and labeled. My closet is for my scrapbooking stuff and is very organized. I drive my DH crazy w/ organization, but he appreciates it when it comes time to do taxes b/c everything is in one spot and makes it so quick to find recipets, pay stubs, etc.

Oh yes..everything is just sooo.. Have to be. My Stickers binder has dividers with tabs labeled with each sections of stickers. I have a binder for 2007 CN's, I have a binder for Host Info. Then my boxes have my postcards, I have a drawer for envelopes and pads, A drawer for stickers. It' sick really , that I can sit here and name where things are......LOL

Jilleysue said:
Nope..Pantie drawer is just thrown in there, but I do go thru them every couple of months to get rid of the old ones...

Yeah I don't think I could let anyone go through my drawers like that either... I too will check them out every few months.. hee hee gives me an excuse to go to La Senza !! love the funky colours and matching bras!! LOL.. great for the summer!

Cheers

rennea said:

I think I would have him killed!!! I am very personal especially when it comes to my special things.... leave them to me!!

Cheers

Jilleysue said:
Hello, can't do w/out the flip flops.
Although, us Cali girls sure have been needing our nylons lately too! It is FREEZING HERE!

Chozengirl said:
Hello, can't do w/out the flip flops.
Although, us Cali girls sure have been needing our nylons lately too! It is FREEZING HERE!

Yeah I was watching the news the other night and they were saying that alot of the citrus orchards are being destroyed by the cold weather

We are having snow here today. Its falling fairly quickly. I think we got about 10cm down about now (umm I think thats 4 inches), its a bit greasy under foot and driving, but nothing too too serious. Tonight however I hear the temps are gonna plummet to -27 degrees celcius with the windchill factor.. ug I'll be putting me longjohns on tomorrow going to work!! lol

Cheers

Thanks Jillysue for the feed back, wanted to thank you sooner but was very busy. Then I got to read what everyone wrote down.....I just can't keep up!!!

ChefAggi said:
I think I would have him killed!!! I am very personal especially when it comes to my special things.... leave them to me!!

Cheers

We're married, and he is the one who "buys" me all my "special" things so it's ok:)

rennea said:
We're married, and he is the one who "buys" me all my "special" things so it's ok:)

hee hee can't say I have much in the way of those 'special things'.. my 'special things' mostly consisit of nice heavy flannel pj bottoms and tank tops!! pathetic isn't it.. oh well thats the life swingin single! lol.. yep looks like by my poor track record living the life of an old maid and raising ten cats will be the life for me! lol

Cheers

TinaOuellette said:
Thanks Jillysue for the feed back, wanted to thank you sooner but was very busy. Then I got to read what everyone wrote down.....I just can't keep up!!!

You are very welcome. Any help or pics I can send, let me know. I love to help people, "work smart, not hard!" :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampered1224