• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok...i Just Have to Say That Once Organized It Is Really Not All That

In summary, Carolyn is proud of how much more productive she is with an organized desk, and Jill thanks Carolyn for the inspiration.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
ok...I just have to say that once organized it is really not all that difficult to maintiain.

I recall Jilleysue saying something about how at the end of the evening she takes a moment or two to ge ther desk back i norder before she leaves it. I have been doing that any tiem I leave my desk...just give it a once-over...it takes all of about 10 seconds and saves me hours later on! Oh - and I just finished a cup of chocolate milk and guess what?!?! I am bringing it downstairs!!!!!

Go me!!!

It is so much easier to just do it now than letting everything pile up and having to do it all at once!! My kitchen is always so nasty and cluttered, but I have been putting things away after I get them out, and WHAT A CONCEPT!! I run my dishwasher every night no matter how full it is, then empty it in the morning. Then it is empty all day so I can put dishes in as I use them! I actually have time to devote to my business now!!

www.flylady.net is great for helping with taking control
of your house or office or whatever. She's all about clearing
out "hotspots" on a regular basis & using 15 minute increments
to get rid of clutter etc. I'm taking baby steps to get my house
back.

You guys are my heroes......I actually worked on my office today. Only about 1 1/2 hours more and it will be completely clean and organized. I had tons to file and throw away!!!!
Melissa

I love Flylady and have been flying for over 4 years (well, getting and reading the e-mails at least!)! I have found that now that I want to do it for myself it is much easier to get it done. I know Flylady isn't "telling" me what to do, but I like that it comes from me now instead of her. I am sorry if that doesn't make sense to anyone, LOL!

I can't believe how much more productive I am with an organized desk - I spend less time searching for stuff and more time accomplishing tasks!

YES YES YES...no matter what, before bed I look at that clock and plan for that last 10-15 minutes to put things back where they belong. I had 5 boxes of stuff come in last night, (just tid bits few little stickers, some folders) so I watched Grey's anatomy and everything was EVERY WHERE and I felt like I did nothing but in the end that last 15 minutes wasn't for getting anything done, it was to put things back where they belonged, so that when I begin my night of PC tomorrow or the next day..things are where they are suppose to be. It's all about saving time and money on re-work.
I am sooooo proud of you CAROLYN...great job.

gilliandanielle said:
I love Flylady and have been flying for over 4 years (well, getting and reading the e-mails at least!)! I have found that now that I want to do it for myself it is much easier to get it done. I know Flylady isn't "telling" me what to do, but I like that it comes from me now instead of her. I am sorry if that doesn't make sense to anyone, LOL!

I used to Fly years ago -- my ex_DH was a neat-freak and used to withhold affection based on the tidiness of the house -- if the house as not immaculate, I got no hugs or kisses. Lovely, huh? So I flew for a little bit to try and earn some lovin' then realized it wasn't worth it to have to earn love.

Now I have a hubby who loves me no matter what the hosue looks like...but it sure is noce to see how comfortable he is and how happy he is with the house being neat...he loves me either way but I can tell he is really enjoying the new me! LOL

Jilleysue said:
YES YES YES...no matter what, before bed I look at that clock and plan for that last 10-15 minutes to put things back where they belong. I had 5 boxes of stuff come in last night, (just tid bits few little stickers, some folders) so I watched Grey's anatomy and everything was EVERY WHERE and I felt like I did nothing but in the end that last 15 minutes wasn't for getting anything done, it was to put things back where they belonged, so that when I begin my night of PC tomorrow or the next day..things are where they are suppose to be. It's all about saving time and money on re-work.
I am sooooo proud of you CAROLYN...great job.

Thanks for the inspiration Jill!!
And Greys -- how 'bout Alex and Addison *almost* kissing??!! wooo hooo - that'll show Marc!! LOL

UGGGG, I know..I almost stuck a sticker on my face instead of on a host folder...HOLY HANNNAH...then I was crying with his dad...OH I JUST COULDN"T TAKE IT. No wonder I felt like I was getting nothing done.....LOL

I really wish Addison would stop sleeping around!! She is so georgeous she should stick with one, preferable Alex!!

Carolyn- good thinking on leaving that guy!! My DH knows better than to say anything. I can cry at the drop of a hat these days!!

Oh I forgot to comment on that...NO kisses for no cleaning. UGGGGGG!!!! I am sure I like the one that does the dances better...heheheheheheheheh!!!! Can't imagine what you're getting now that we see that desk......LOL

BAHAHAHAHA..OH GOD. We are too funny...LOL.

Great Carolyn:D You're my motivation to get to cleaning! And with a snow storm coming in, I'll have the perfect job when I'm staying inside; cause it's freezing out!
(and btw, sounds like you are much better off with your current dh;) )

I have been promising pics of my ongoing organizing and my take over of the living room office.....LOL. I also have to put t he pic in off the fridge Cs carolyn and I keep laughing at. I have been organizing my binders, notebooks, drawers, stickers,...its crazy. Tonight I had fun...my BF and I brainstormed my setup. He is going to make me a shelf for the Pantry items. I am already using the cooling rack and I think it would look really cute to put the pantry items on something that almost looks like a spice rack. So I set everything up tonight again, just as I would for a show.....PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE....lol.
Here are some pics. I then organized my stickers in a new binder. And my hostess info in a binder to check everyday. Every drawer is neat and clean now and every thing has its place. Thank god for Label makers....LOl

In these first pictures, you'll see the decorative box I use for my postcards and the drawer I use for some of my stickers. You'll also see that famous picture of the fridge...HAHAHAHA. Carolyn I am still laughing...More pics to come. Still organizing...LOL:D :D :D :D

Attachments

• Pampered Chef Pics 2007 004 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 004 (Small).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 417
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 006 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 006 (Small).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 388
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 007 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 007 (Small).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 393
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 008 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 008 (Small).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 011 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 011 (Small).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 429
1 -How do you make those binder covers???
2 - oh yeah , now THAT's a well camoflauged fridge if I ever saw one - LOL
3 - OMG you bought every sticker ever printed!!!
LOLOLOL
YOU are out of control!!!!!

PS...about 10 minutes ago I was about to get up and head into bed...but I remembered to do my before-bed-desk-straightening...go me!!!
I have this urge to take pictures of my immaculate office and email them to my ex and say "And I don't even want your stinkin' affection!!" LOL

The stickers look like more than what is there...there is stuff under neath...LOL. The title pages are easy..I'll send you the template. CAMOFLAUGE...HAHHAHAHAH, I think that sticks out like a soar something....LOL, but it's right behind em so it works....LOL
Let me add in that template so everyone can use it..You can change it up for binders to say what ever you want. I have to have em. Empty binders drive me crazy. It's bad enough..the side of them are empty. I'll fix that later. It's the compliance back ground in me..I go crazy.
Oh and stickers..was from when I was 5....LOL Mom said I would stick them to everything...hahaha. No there isn't that many..LOL

Attachments

• Pampered Chef Pics 2007 005 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 005 (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 391
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 016 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 016 (Small).jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 015 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 015 (Small).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 453
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 013 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 013 (Small).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Pampered Chef Pics 2007 012 (Small).jpg
    Pampered Chef Pics 2007 012 (Small).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 411
Binder Title PageHere is the page I made to go on binders that I make for my office, so they all match. I just change them up to say whatever is in the binder.
I have one for Stickers, One for Host information, One for 2007 Consultant News. They are GREAT!!:D

Attachments

• Hostess Title page.doc
    24 KB · Views: 456
Jilleysue said:
The stickers look like more than what is there...there is stuff under neath...LOL. The title pages are easy..I'll send you the template. CAMOFLAUGE...HAHHAHAHAH, I think that sticks out like a soar something....LOL, but it's right behind em so it works....LOL
Let me add in that template so everyone can use it..You can change it up for binders to say what ever you want. I have to have em. Empty binders drive me crazy. It's bad enough..the side of them are empty. I'll fix that later. It's the compliance back ground in me..I go crazy.
Oh and stickers..was from when I was 5....LOL Mom said I would stick them to everything...hahaha. No there isn't that many..LOL

Share the template!!!! Yippee!!
Your desk is freakin amazing! I will get to that opint...that is my goal.
I need some small bins...one for my return address labels and one for bills-to-be-paid. And DH keeps riding me about the space on my shelves not being utilized properly - ARGH. I am just learning!!!

Jilleysue said:
So if I fly you up here to MA, will you organize my pit????:eek:

HAHAHA, Tell him what you tell me...BABY STEPS...It could be like it was before right. Yes...I have that 3 tiered thing in the corner which is great.
1-To Do/Planning which consists of my planner at night, bills, receipts to enter from website or whatever things I need to get done and file. The first bin means IMPORTANT

2. Labels- Consultant, address, Basically like the ones I made you. They are easily accessed here, so it was the best bin and I have a ton of them.

3-Monthly Recipts. Everyday I can just put my receipts of expenses in there and I can enter the or just know that they are from January or whatever month and I have to put them in.

This system works very well for me.

chefkristin said:
So if I fly you up here to MA, will you organize my pit????:eek:

Absolutely..Organization..honestly is a LOVE of mine. It's almost a sickness. Well office space. There are still parts of my house that need help..but office spaces...have to be neat. I am a firm believer in knowing where papers are.;)

Jilleysue said:
Absolutely..Organization..honestly is a LOVE of mine. It's almost a sickness. Well office space. There are still parts of my house that need help..but office spaces...have to be neat. I am a firm believer in knowing where papers are.;)
So when are you coming over heeeeeeeeere??!?!?!?

Okay Carolyn, I got the shoe organizer on my closet door. That helps so much, now just waiting for the postcards that I ordered from Nancy's!! Little baby steps and I will be organized by next year!

I like the shoe organizer too...but I like to hide things..so I have to use the boxes. Since the office is in the living room..it forces me to be neat.. I guess this is a good thing.

Jill - how much do you charge? Seriously!

cmdtrgd said:
Jill - how much do you charge? Seriously!

I have never thought about it. I am trying to give as many tips as I can for free. I can only say throw as much away as you can. I go thru my desk once a week and try to see what I can see what I can throw away. I put everything in binders, boxes or files. Nothing is sitting out. It is why I took pictures...to give my tips for FREEEEE.....LOL:D

RecieptsDoes anyone have any tips when it comes to organize your reciept for taxes purposes. Do you use Pampered Partner, did you add any categories for pampered partner to be more specific in were you file ur reciepts??

Thanks!!:)

Jilleysue said:
I have never thought about it. I am trying to give as many tips as I can for free. I can only say throw as much away as you can. I go thru my desk once a week and try to see what I can see what I can throw away. I put everything in binders, boxes or files. Nothing is sitting out. It is why I took pictures...to give my tips for FREEEEE.....LOL:D

I don't mean for tips, I mean to come to my house and get me organized!:eek:

Thanks for sharing the template... I have issues with being overly organized and anal, or letting everything stack up and be overly cluttered. Depending on the room it is one way or the other, never organized chaos...

From one (sometimes) compulsive organizer to another- am I the only one that gets a high off buying label makers, making labels, and labeling EVERYTHING!!??

TinaOuellette said:
Does anyone have any tips when it comes to organize your reciept for taxes purposes. Do you use Pampered Partner, did you add any categories for pampered partner to be more specific in were you file ur reciepts??

Thanks!!:)

Oh absolutely, I add categories. I put them all in my 3 tier thing for the month. Enter them at the end of the month and then file them away by month and start the new month. I add all kinds of cateogories. Travel, Recipe Testing, Office Expenses...etc.

cmdtrgd said:
I don't mean for tips, I mean to come to my house and get me organized!:eek:

HAHAHA Oh Ok..I'll have to think about that...LOL:D

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks for sharing the template... I have issues with being overly organized and anal, or letting everything stack up and be overly cluttered. Depending on the room it is one way or the other, never organized chaos...

From one (sometimes) compulsive organizer to another- am I the only one that gets a high off buying label makers, making labels, and labeling EVERYTHING!!??

Oh My god Gillian....I don't know what i get more off on now...The PC boxes or the Office depot boxs or the sticker boxes...or even going to the grocery store to get cleaning supplies...LOL i am a weirdo

gilliandanielle said:

Me too me too me too!!!
Somebody was talking abou thte Brother PTouch and I remembered I HAVE ONE in my drawer downstairs!!! (lost my old one in the divorce but my wonderful DH bought me a new one last Xmas) but I need to get tape for it - it's all out!

HAHAHA, who else would have been talking about the label maker...HAHAHA..that would be MEEEE...LOL Oh god..did you see my files...all labeled. Tiers..labeled. I am dying right now because..everything is in red and purple and I am OUT OF LABELING TAPE...ARRRGGGGHHHHH...LOL. It' like being out of Toilet paper...LOL

OMG! I love cleaning supplies! For both my pervious baby showers a friend of mine has gotten me a bucket full of cleaning supplies because she knows how much I love them, especially when nesting!

I ran out of white back tape too, so now I only have the clear labels. It really limits what I can label!

Is it weird that I have about 400 pens? I even have a special pencil box labeled Kate's Fun Pens - and they are all colored and sparkly and stuff! Yes! I own TWO labelers!!!

I haven't gotten the cleaning supplies bug yet...maybe because I don't have kids yet?

HAHAHAHAHA, I know my BF has to pull me out of that aisle. We are going in a few minutes..and he is like..we have ENOUGH cleaning supplies... COOK ME SOME FOOD...LOL

I have as many Mr. Clean magic erasers as you do pens Kate!!

I LOVE Mr. Clean magic erasers. They work great on everything!!

Hmmmm...magic erasers....almost as good as sparkly colored pens!
Don't even get me started on the Sharpies in colors!

Yes these are great on Lap boards, Binders, Everything..LOVE THEM

I love the magic erasers too! I just discovered the mop about 6 months ago. It works great on my laminate floor in the kitchen!!!!

I have a hard time keeping orgainzed too because I am limited on space. My computer is in a cabinet in the living room so I had files in my closet, under the bed, even under the couch!!!! I got smart and purchased a really nice open file on wheels at office depot. Now I have everything filed. The files are right next to me at my computer desk and I can roll them away into my closet when company comes over. I haven't had a lot of time to decide which way I want to organize the files yet, but I'm getting there. There are two levels so the things I use less often I file on the bottom. It is very heavy duty.

Someone asked me for the categories I use on PP to organize my expenses and receipts.
Here is what I have right now, but I may add more:

Administrative
Business Car
Check
Consultant Gift
Electric
Kit Enhancement
Mileage
Office Supplies
Personal Order
Postage
Recipe Ingredients
Sample Orders
Satellite (Food Stations Learning)
Show Food
Show Expenses
Supply Order
Travel
Water

Jilleysue said:
Someone asked me for the categories I use on PP to organize my expenses and receipts.
Here is what I have right now, but I may add more:

Administrative
Business Car
Check
Consultant Gift
Electric
Kit Enhancement
Mileage
Office Supplies
Personal Order
Postage
Recipe Ingredients
Sample Orders
Satellite (Food Stations Learning)
Show Food
Show Expenses
Supply Order
Travel
Water

What % of your electric, sattelite and water bills do you expense?

Ummmm..my accountant told me to put them in there as whole bills right now and he would figure it out. PHEW...I was like How am I gona know this...LOL?
As soon as He tells me I will let ya know..he was guessing like 8 or 9% for electric and hadn't done the others yet....

What I was told is you take the sqr feet for your office divide it by your actuall sqr footage of your home & that's the percent you can deduct off each bill. For example my office is 150sfeet divided by 1350 is 11% HTH!

Yes Yes, that is what he is gona do for me. I was gona figure it out..but heck..that is what he is for.

dannyzmom said:
Thanks for the inspiration Jill!!
And Greys -- how 'bout Alex and Addison *almost* kissing??!! wooo hooo - that'll show Marc!! LOL
I saw that fella that plays Alex I think on Oprah. You know he's married with like 6 kids!!? He doesnt look old enough! kristi

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pampered1224