• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Normal to Mix Business with Your Child's Birthday Party?

In summary, Janet is preparing for her daughter's 6th birthday party by packing catalogs, ordering forms, and consulting agreements, while Mindy is just getting ready for her own birthday party.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
...who...as I am packing up things for my daughter's 6th B-day party at the bowling alley in a few hours with about 13 kids total (counting my two)...has just cleaned out her catalog bag, loaded it with a few catalogs, order forms and business cards, just ran down to her computer to print the host and guest specials for the next few months to have handy in there...(and of course checked CS in the middle)...and is thinking of making sure I have a consultant agreement, CD and few other things handy too...

Mind you, the day is all about my little girl, but I thought I'd be prepared! LOL!

Since listening to the Belinda Ellsworth DVD's - I NEVER go anywhere w/o host packets, catalogs, and recruiting info! It's always in my car! (JIK!!;) )

You don't have to be thinking about it - celebrate you Daughter today! But it's always good to be prepared!

I have an "office in a box" in my van. It goes with me EVERYWHERE. I'll be with my mom and her family on Sunday. I'm bringing a strawberry cheesecake trifle because I really think everyone will love it. However, I was just thinking this morning that I imagine my aunt will fall in love with the Trifle Bowl. I made sure I have extra order forms in my "office in a box" in my van.Nope. Not just you.

Ok, I'm feeling more like a "normal" (is there such a thing) PC Mom now... ;)

Off to finish getting ready and have some fun! These are the days where you kind of wish they wouldn't grow up...

The great thing? There are wonderful blessings at every age. Hope the birthday party is everything your little girl wishes for.

I have a 14 month old and constantly have catalogs etc in my diaper bag. I stick them in a side pocket so that the PC log is visible. I belong to a lot of mommies groups and I constantly have people ask for a catalog. I booked 4 shows this month from just having the catalogs showing.

Your not alone, my PC tote bag IS my Diaper bag!! I never leave home without PC stuff...and on my days off from my p/t job I wear PC shirts and even have the flip flops from conference last year...but it gets noticed.
There is nothing wrong with being prepared...that is one thing I took away from conference and Belinda last year...

I'm right there with you, have all I need to be prepared in my catalog tote, at all times!!!

I am a "crazy PC Mom" too! My hubby laughs at me...seems I am always in a PC shirt, use my big lime green PC tote as my purse/diaper bag, etc!

You can never be too prepared!

I'm with you Janet! I keep mini catalogs in my purse, full-size in my car. Even today I stopped at a garage sale and started talking PC to the homeowner and left her some catalogs. She and her friend were so excited when I casually mentioned I was a consultant. Who knows, maybe it will turn into a much needed June booking for me!

I need to make an office in a box for my van I'm usually running around with NOTHING but my keys (my wallet attaches) and my cell phone, so don't have a place to carry those extra catalogs and such. The office in a box sounds like the perfect solution. (I do have business cards tucked into my wallet though)

Nope not crazy at all! I think you are perfectly normal.

When I carried a diaper bag I did not carry a purse, just threw my wallet, keys, and lipstick in the diaper bag. I was looking so forward to my son being potty trained so I could carry a cute little purse again. About the time he was completely trained and I didn't have to carry a diaper bag I signed up with PC....I'm still not carrying any of those cute little purses.....but at least I got the ribbon tote from VIP before they were all gone!

My ds rolls his eyes when conversations turn to PC (with the waitress, store clerk...). Sometimes he turns to dh and says "see?" like they had bet on how long it would take. lol

I have actually stopped taking catalogs around with me. Now I have one in the car and a bunch of business cards. If someone asks for a catalog I say that I just have this one with me and I will be needing it today but then I ask for their information and send them one, hand them a business card and invite them to visit my website. If they say they just want to order something right now we reference the catalog. Before I did it this way I don't know how many people took the catalogs and disappeared - too much in a hurry to give me contant information. There are times I still give them out to a stranger but not too often.

Beth~

I think I need to do that! Then, I can follow up with them. I have handed out countless catalogs to people who seem very interested, but then I never hear from them! That way, I can mail it to them, and then call in a few days....Hmmmm, thinking here, maybe I could STILL give them the cattie, but get their number from them and save myself the postage costs....

Either way, I need to get their contact info and stop wasting my $$ on giving out free catties!

KellyTheChef said:
Hmmmm, thinking here, maybe I could STILL give them the cattie, but get their number from them and save myself the postage costs....
I have done that but often they will not share their information if they don't have a reason to give it (to get a catalog). If they are local you can drop it off while on an errand.

Glad to get online tonight and hear all the stories of abandoning purses...I too have only carried a purse for about 3-4 months in the last 6 years! Diaper bag = purse...I used to even have 2 diaper bags with...one for a sitter and one doubled as my purse!

Anyway, had 10 kids then 3 showed up an 1 1/2 into the party...luckily I just paid for shoe rental and 1 game for each instead of for food they didn't have a chance to eat.

My daughter has a ton of fun...afterwards we went to a landscaping place and picked out some flowers for her window box and a few vegetable plants.

She is still talking about her favorite gift so far...she had a momma bear and 3 cubs outside the house Wed. a.m. on her birthday and she and her brother got to watch them for about 20 minutes. She said that was her favorite birthday gift - the one God gave her that day. Too cute. :)

janetupnorth said:
She is still talking about her favorite gift so far...she had a momma bear and 3 cubs outside the house Wed. a.m. on her birthday and she and her brother got to watch them for about 20 minutes. She said that was her favorite birthday gift - the one God gave her that day. Too cute. :)

That is soooo neat, but where do you live that you have bears wandering in your yard? I love wildlife... but at a veeeeeeeeeeeeery safe distance. (Can you tell, I'm not much into camping or anything in the woods???)

katie0128 said:
That is soooo neat, but where do you live that you have bears wandering in your yard? I love wildlife... but at a veeeeeeeeeeeeery safe distance. (Can you tell, I'm not much into camping or anything in the woods???)

North of Rhinelander, WI about 15 miles...northern part of WI...

It was a safe distance, we were in the house. ;)

You get used to nature, I was DEFINITELY a city girl, but after 8 years up here, I learn more and more daily...

I have family that lives in Montana and I love to visit them, but fortunately for me the only "critters" that come a-wanderin' close are deer. My DH was fly-fishing with my uncle and they saw a BIG BULL MOOSE right across the river... waaaaay to close for me...

I never expected to have a bear wander through my Southwest Florida yard, but one sure enough did. I live on acreage, but in a very populated area. It was quite a suprise for us one school morning while eating breakfast.

I live smack-dab in the middle of the 'burbs, but have had toooooo many encounters with wildlife...
30 lb raccoon fell through the ceiling from the attic and wandered through the house until he found a way to get out - through the screen in my bathroom window
two (not just one, but TWO) possums decided to crawl under my back deck and DIE - which required pulling up the deck boards on both occasions to remove the stinky things
carpenter bees have taken up residence in everything around my house that is wood, including the wood siding
and something - not sure what - keep eating the veggies my son is trying to grow for cub scouts!

Anyone have a wildlife-free neighborhood I can move to??????

OMG!! That is crazy. Sorry, definitely don't have one here. One time with the bear, lots of armadillos (SP?), possums, racoons, snakes, etc.

Luckily no in house encounters though. My girlfriend/neighbor had a racoon enter her house through the doggie door. Not a pretty site/smell. They had to remove tile and wall board and replace it and all the furniture in the room. Even had to have air ducts cleaned.

Watch out if you have doggie doors!!

Janet, I'm so glad your daughter had a great birthday party.As for the wildlife, we have a family of foxes that have moved into our brushpile. They're fun to watch. The Furry Guy went out a few days ago to take a look at the den opening, and it's littered with rabbit fur, feathers, and small animal bones. The whole circle of life right here on our property. So cool.

BethCooks4U said:
My ds rolls his eyes when conversations turn to PC (with the waitress, store clerk...). Sometimes he turns to dh and says "see?" like they had bet on how long it would take. lol

My DS and The Furry Guy are as likely to bring up the whole PC thing as I am. Maybe it's because DS is 21 and gifted in sales. The Furry Guy is just, well, different.

Janet, that is so sweet; what your dd said was her favorite gift:)
My parents have had quail, turkeys, deer, & bobcats around their yard in the last few months. Most recently, they have about 20 turkeys that come every morning & evening to eat from the feeder they have. It's fun to watch.

And of course, you're a normal PC mom:) I quit giving catty's to random people too. I'll give them a mini catty, & have them fill out a prize slip so I have their info. I tell them after 5 people fill one out I give away a prize:)

Related to Is It Normal to Mix Business with Your Child's Birthday Party?

1. What is "Ok, Am I the Only Crazy Mom???"

"Ok, Am I the Only Crazy Mom???" is a humorous cooking blog written by a busy mom who shares her cooking adventures and tips for making delicious and healthy meals for her family.

2. Is the blog only for moms?

No, the blog is not just for moms. While the author is a mom and writes from that perspective, the recipes and tips can be helpful for anyone who enjoys cooking and wants to make tasty meals for their family.

3. Are the recipes on the blog only for Pampered Chef products?

No, the recipes on the blog are not limited to Pampered Chef products. While the author does use and recommend Pampered Chef products, the recipes can be adapted to use any kitchen tools or equipment.

4. How often is the blog updated?

The blog is updated once a week, typically on Wednesdays. However, there may be occasional bonus posts or updates on social media platforms.

5. Can I submit a recipe or cooking question to the blog?

Yes! The author loves interacting with readers and encourages them to submit recipes or cooking questions through the contact form on the blog. Your submission may even be featured in a future blog post.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • ihavethetools
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
janetupnorth