• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ...

In summary, the speaker had a cooking show scheduled for Saturday, April 21 at the request of a lady in North Dallas. They had been in contact and the speaker had been helping the lady prepare for the party. The night before the party, the speaker called to confirm and the lady said the party was actually scheduled for the following week. The speaker was shocked and frustrated, but managed to reschedule for the next day. They went to their sister's to relax and the speaker's sister contacted the host who had booked the party, who said the lady can be scatterbrained. The speaker plans to still do the party on the 28th and will try to make a getaway out of it with their husband. The speaker's sister
sailortena
Let me start some background info:

In February I did a cooking show for a friend of the family in Texas. (I live in Arkansas, my family lives in Dallas area.) A lady at the party booked for April, and she wrote in my calendar for Saturday, April 21. She lives in North Dallas.

Of course the show being two months off, I talk to her occasionally on the phone and do my best to host coach her. She tells me that she won't really get started to do anything for the party until after Easter. Great! I say, that's fine.

So I call her after Easter and we talk some more and do the host coaching thing. And during this time I set up her PWS area with the date and time of her show, and send her another post card about the party.

The week before her show, I call her up and say "we all set for next week?" She is like sure! And tells me how many invitations she is getting out and that she read the material I gave her on inviting a mixed crowd of people to her party. I tell her I will call her the night before her party to get info on everyone attending, etc., since I have a ways to drive.

So Friday I call her, don't reach her, but leave a message on her voicemail, telling her when I will get to her house and I will call her in the morning to finalize some things for her party.

While I am on the road I call her a few hours before her party. We are talking and she doesn't know how many people will attend. She then said "Did you try to call me last night? You have area code 501, right? I was out but I had my phone on vibrate but I guess I just didn't catch it."

I'm like, OK, that's fine, I'll be at your house at 1 p.m. today to set everything up maybe you can call some people to see if they are coming ... and then she says, "Wait, my party is next week." "I'm like, um, no, it's today, you wrote the date in my calendar yourself for today, and you told me everything was fine for today when I called last week ..."

She is like, "no, I know we scheduled it for the 28th." She couldn't have the party that day since she was attending a shower. I said, well I can't do it next Saturday, I have another party I am doing. So I got her to change it to the next day, Sunday, earlier in the day. She said she had already passed out invitations but would call people to change the time, and was worried some people who attended church, but figured they could be late.

I was in my car, 70 miles from Dallas and I had already been driving for three hours. I was so totally shocked with disbelief that this happened. I am VERY meticulous with dates, and I can't figure out how she got the date wrong! EVERY SINGLE correspondence I talked to her I mentioned the date!!!

My sister called the host that the lady booked from, and she said my host was organized but can be really scatterbrained.

I was so, totally pissed off after that call. I went to my sister's as planned and we spent the rest of the afternoon shopping. I felt better after that.

Egads! I don't blame you for being frustrated. It sounds like you did everything on your end. So are you going back on the 28th? I would hate for you to lose the opportunity despite the fact that the host is scatterbrained.

I have a show coming up on Saturday and right now NO ONE (from a list of 30) is coming....ugh. I'll be making calls today and the day before.

Keep us posted!

Yeah, the plan is right now to go back on the 28th. Thank goodness my other party is at 11:30 on the 28th, so we can make the 4+ hour drive back to Dallas. I am trying to get my husband to come with me to make a getaway out of it as well. I drive by myself this past weekend.My sister said not to do it, but I don't go back on my word. I am going to call this host several times this week and not leave home Saturday until I KNOW she is still doing the party on Sunday. My director said I could still claim mileage and food expenses from my "wasted" first trip.

I'm glad you've decided to hold up your end of the bargain. That's important. My friend who has a cooking show scheduled for this Saturday just called and asked me to change her show to a catalogue show. I'm still pushing for a cooking show but will switch it by Thursday if I don't make any headway w/her guests. She's already got 5 orders from people who can't come on Saturday so that's at least something. Sigh....

Man, oh man! I'm glad things are working out. Hope it's a real blowout of a show! You deserve lots of commission for this one.

Maybe she has someone who was thinking of booking off her show who could get people together and go to the original show - make it into a mega show with more than one host? They could split the cost of the ingredients and it could show people how easy it is to do a mega show.

1. What is "Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ..." all about?

"Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ..." is a collection of unique and delicious recipes created by the Pampered Chef community. These recipes are perfect for any occasion and are sure to impress your family and friends.

2. Are the ingredients for these recipes hard to find?

No, most of the ingredients used in "Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ..." recipes can be found at your local grocery store. We strive to make our recipes easy to prepare and use common ingredients.

3. Can these recipes be modified for dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of the recipes in "Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ..." can be modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. We have included tips and suggestions for making substitutions in the recipes.

4. Are there any recipes for kids in this collection?

Absolutely! "Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ..." includes a variety of recipes that are perfect for kids to help prepare and enjoy. We believe that cooking is a great way to bond with your family and we encourage kids to get involved in the kitchen.

5. Can I purchase "Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ..." in physical form?

Currently, "Oh, You Won't Believe This Doozy ..." is only available in digital form. However, you can print out the recipes and create your own physical copy if desired. Stay tuned for any future updates on physical versions of the collection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • SDTeaGirl