• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Won't Believe What My Host Done to Me!!!!

In summary, Lisa's husband's clutch went out on his jeep on Tuesday, leaving her with one vehicle and no way to get to a show early. She called the hostess at 8:00 this morning and told her that she may be a little late getting to the show, and the hostess said that was fine. However, lunchtime phone call from the hostess said that they wanted to reschedule because Lisa would have a bad vibe coming into their house. Lisa emailed back and said that was great and that she was so glad that it worked out for Matt. The hostess responded that they didn't need to reschedule and that a friend of Matt's would be able to make the show happen. Lisa is
crissy11
Gold Member
On Tuesday, my husbands' clutch went out on his jeep. I had a show that night and my daughter had volleyball tryouts until late. This left us with one vehicle, so there was no way I could drive an hour to a show and get there early. So I called the hostess at 8:00 this morning and told her what was going on and that I may be a little late getting to the show. She said that was fine as long as I didn't cancel because she had 8 people coming. Well at lunch she calls and says that her and her husband have talked and they wanted to reschedule because I wouldn't have a positive vibe coming into their house since I would be under stress. I told her what ever she wanted to do that I had the next Tues. open that we could push it back a week.
Well, I thought all was good. I have had two other parties with this couple in the last two years.
Today I email and ask if they wanted to do their party this Tuesday.
Here is her response:
CrystalDue to the events of last Tuesday we do not need to reschedule a cooking show at this time. After I spoke with you at lunch time and found out I couldn’t get a hold of many of my guest after trying for a little while, I called Matt to see what he thought we should do. It turns out a friend of one of his shoeing clients also does Pampered Chef, Matt had met her a few weeks ago and thought we should contact her and try to have our party. Luckily for our guest she was able to rearrange her schedule and make the show happen with only a few hours notice. I am not planning on having another show this year, so for now I am okay.Thanks again and I am sorry things worked out this way, but Matt felt having the show on the scheduled date was very important.Lisa CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????
I have mailed out 40 invites for her and get this in return.....
I emailed her back and said WOW!!!! That is GREAT!!!! I am soo glad that it worked out for Matt!. and that is it... I didn't know what else to say. I am just soo irritated and have hurt feelings. I have done over 1200 shows and have only not been able to do maybe 5 shows in 10 years at the last minute. I know if this had been turned around they would have cancelled on me in a heart beat.

WOW!!!! You have a right to be hurt and irritated. But as they say you need to let it go. I think your record speaks highly of you. Obviously your "hostess and her husband" are something else. Especially since she agreed initially and didn't call you back to let you know that she couldn't reach all her guests to reschedule. I would just chalk it up to bad manners and as I always say Karma can be a bitch and what goes around comes around. Bless you and hopefully more good things will come for you.

Sounds to me like there is more to it than that. Matt said you'd have a "bad vibe" at the show so change the date then he decides that it is better to go ahead & have the party on the original date & just happend to me a PC rep that could fill in????? More to it I think. Sounds like your better off w/out them.

What a second, let me get this right... She ASKED to change the date because she FELT like you would have a bad vibe at the show? Then said her husband decided to keep the show on the original date?? Like Kasey said, you are much better without them. Sort of sounds like a lack of communication between the husband and wife! Maybe the husband had told the friend already that she was doing the party and then the wife went with him on his plan. Move on, they aren't worth your time.

A couple of days before this I was talking with the host and Matt was in the background saying how my recipe list sucked and he was tired of rings and braids. I suggested some of the new recipes using the DCB and their micro was too small. We finally decided on a couple of older recipes that they wanted to try. This is a very stressful couple for me. They want everyone at the show to leave with a gift. They do pay for those. Usually season's best or small spreaders. They want me to play at least two games and want everyone to have soo much fun. He will come out to the car when I get there and say if you are not in a good mood leave it here because we are having this party to have fun and there will be no negativity. UGH!!!!
He done this the first time I ever met him. I was a nervous wreck.
I found out that their other consultant wouldn't call them back. Now I see why!!!
I had decided that this was going to be the last time I done a show with them but then I got dumped. What really gets me is one lady that is their neighbor and always does a May show for me opted out of getting my newsletter the other day. Purely coincendence or did they dog me at the show???? I am thinking of calling her and asking about doing the show anyway and see what she says. At least I could explain my side.
I just hate the thought that I am getting bad mouthed. I know it won't hurt my entire biz but may put a damper on any future shows in this area.

The reason I have done soo much for this couple in the past is there shows are over $1000. The first one was $1500 and the second one was $1010. The second one I got the honor of being by myself with the jerk Matt. Lisa had to go out of town last minute and they didn't want to reschedule. He would come by me and say smile...we need positive energy.. You cannot smile the entire time that you are talking and demoing...How fake would that look.
He is a real card.

Sounds like a real tool to me, couldn't imagine being married to him. Bless and release!

ehhh... don't look at it as getting dumped... look at it as passing their greatness on to someone else! LOL You were gonna "dump" them anyways!

At least you took the high road - good riddance! (And sorry they were so hurtful) - you obviously must be doing something right in your business to have had so many shows!

I'm thinking the clutch going out on your jeep may have been a blessing!! You didn't mention if you usually got bookings from these Events, (I hesitiate to call them shows). In my experience, people who use Pampered Chef as entertaining events, rarely get bookings because the people who attend don't want to go to all that effort themselves, and assume they have to put on the same thing. Go ahead and rant and rave and vent and get it out of your system, and then realize you've been blessed!

Personally I don't believe in bad/good vibes and Karma as a Christian so I would have been ready to dump them after the first time they did that stuff! That really creeps me out! Too bad you can't find out the consultant's name so you can call her! LOL!

That is what my director said. Find out who the consultant was and give her a warning.
I have gotten a couple of bookings from each of their shows. I do say up front that I don't normally do games at my shows and the gifts are from the hostess as a thank you for them coming.
I am starting to feel better.. just keep reminding myself that I was going to dump them first and now this just gives me another reason not to do a show for them. What I would love is to know who the consultant was before me. hahaha!!!!

crissy11 said:
That is what my director said. Find out who the consultant was and give her a warning.
I have gotten a couple of bookings from each of their shows. I do say up front that I don't normally do games at my shows and the gifts are from the hostess as a thank you for them coming.
I am starting to feel better.. just keep reminding myself that I was going to dump them first and now this just gives me another reason not to do a show for them. What I would love is to know who the consultant was before me. hahaha!!!!

I wouldn't call the new consultant like your director suggested. I think doing so will only make you look bitter. I say focus on the positive (you no longer have to deal with this couple) and continue with your business (smiling of course, b/c we need positive energy!) :yuck: :yuck:

Jen

You are so lucky to be rid of them. It is unfortunate you were the one to pay and send the invites -- the other consultant should offer to reimburse you! LOL. Bless and release.

It sounds like a big stress has removed itself from your life and business. The timing does seem suspicious to me. I wonder if the husband decided that it made good business sense to PC with his client's friend.

VENT: I am so sorry you had to endure such a jerk. Who does he think he is, Mr. Roark from Fantasy Island? "Smiles, everyone, smiles." I think it is very demeaning to have someone warn you about your attitude BEFORE you start your show. There was no cause for that! You didn't have a bad attitude when you did the shows before. I am almost certain that their last minute replacement had more "bad attitude" than you ever would have had! What goes around, comes around!

Whew! Now I feel better. It just struck a chord with me!

Oh my! It stinks to be out the cost of the invitations you did, but just think how much you're saving on the gas and time out doing their show, and all that stress from Matt! I'd be tempted to tell Matt that he should use all his amazing positive energy and do the show himself--let him be a consultant and just see how it is!But that just irks me that he was assuming how you'd be before you even got there!

WOW. This is GREAT for ......YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what the shows bring in, you dont deserve any of that. I wouldnt warn the other consultant. She/He may turn out to be their best friend, cousin of an ex, step sister to a neighbor kinda deal. Let it float away and be better for it.

wadesgirl said it best - "Bless and Release".

What is really strange with this couple and their VIBES!!! She is a Child Abduction Head Investigator. She goes all over the states when they need her to help solve cases and she has the most down and out personality that I have ever seen. Which I couldn't do her job but they hark on me about not smiling the whole three hours that I am there.
But like everyone here has said this is for the best and what I wanted in the first place. I guess what I am still in shock about is I was doing the show but told her that I may be a little late (still there before show time) and she calls at lunch and says we should just reschedule. I email her a few days later to do that and get the email they had the show. Wouldn't it had been something if I had called that night to set another date and found out they had another consultant doing my show.
If that was soo important not to resch. I could have gotten one of my downline to do the show for me. NO I wouldn't either... Why would I put them through this???
I just have to laugh thinking this poor consultant is thinking she has hit the hostess jackpot with their $1000 show. Same way I did!!! How could the consultant before me not call these people back!!! Of course, at the time I thought bad of the consultant for doing that. But now I know WHY!!!!
Thank you all for your input. She is on my list of Do Not Do a Show For Anymore!!!Do you all have this list??? I also have one on Do Not Take Checks From This Person Anymore!!!

It sounds to me like Matt was looking for a reason to get rid of you...so it worked out for both of you...sometimes hosts and consultants dont mesh, that's the way it goes. I'd be very insulted if I was going over things w/ the host and I could clearly hear the husband in the back ground badmouthing me and my recipes, etc. I'm amazed that you have continued to do these shows. I wouldn't. It's not even worth a thousand dollar show to have to go through being demeaned like that.

If I were you, I'd take their name off all my contacts and move on...don't even get upset over it. Now they are someone else's problem!

I noticed that on icontact that she was clicking thru my website. I deleted her from any future contact.

crissy11 said:
I noticed that on icontact that she was clicking thru my website. I deleted her from any future contact.

that's quite interesting.

If you are really interested who did her show you can always call home office.

All I can say after reading this thread is What a nerve!!!!!!they have to do this to you BUT after getting over that I would rather not have them for customers.

I am glad you removed them from your contact list for shows.

Yes, I do keep a list of who I refuse to do shows or business with. I don't need the extra aggravation that some people give. Thank goodness there are tons of great people that outweigh the minority on this list.

I've found that many customers/hosts don't understand how the biz really works. They think we get some kind of allowance (above and beyond commissions) from HO for the things we do - like mailing invitations, etc. Sounds like this host and her hubby are trying to work the system and see how much they can get for free as part of their show.My gut instinct with this host is to send her a letter asking her to reimburse you for the postage and invitations you mailed, since you didn't get anything from the show. But then reality steps in and I realize that doing that would be a bad idea. Personally satisfying, but bad. *sigh*We've all had flaky hosts. It's just a part of the biz. It's the bad part. But the good part is that you can choose who you work with. Wash your hands of her.

Sounds like he views consultants as hired help. Kind of amazing he talks about karma and he himself is so demeaning and insulting. As for them giving you $1000 shows...I bet it's the other way around. You, your experience, and your talent gave them great show sales.

I love my pampered chef products, and I really enjoy doing parties...but I flat out won't do shows anymore for anyone who gives me the 'you're just a consultant' attitude. Ick!

What keeps coming to my mind is the fact they pay for the gifts for their guests themselves - and, allow you to announce it. So, basically, they have to bribe people to attend their parties?

What is "You Won't Believe What My Host Done to Me!!!!"?

"You Won't Believe What My Host Done to Me!!!!" is a phrase often used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe an unexpected and positive experience they had with a host of one of their cooking parties. It can refer to the host going above and beyond in terms of hosting duties, or surprising the consultant with a generous gift or gesture.

Why is "You Won't Believe What My Host Done to Me!!!!" important for Pampered Chef consultants?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, building strong relationships with hosts is crucial for success. When a host goes above and beyond, it not only makes the consultant's job easier, but it also creates a positive experience for guests and increases the likelihood of future bookings and sales.

Can Pampered Chef consultants encourage hosts to go above and beyond?

While consultants cannot explicitly ask hosts to go above and beyond, they can set expectations and provide suggestions for hosting a successful party. This can include providing tips for inviting guests, setting up the space, and promoting the products. A happy and engaged host is more likely to go above and beyond on their own.

What are some examples of hosts going above and beyond?

Some examples of hosts going above and beyond include providing a special theme for the party, creating a personalized menu, inviting a larger number of guests, or gifting the consultant with extra products or bonuses. These actions show that the host is invested in the party's success and appreciates the consultant's hard work.

How can Pampered Chef consultants show appreciation for hosts who go above and beyond?

Pampered Chef consultants can show appreciation for hosts who go above and beyond by sending a thank-you note or gift, giving them a shout-out on social media, or offering them a discount on their next purchase. It's important to acknowledge and thank hosts for their efforts, as it encourages them to continue being great hosts in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • alabama pc cons.