• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Off-Topic: Sharing Books Between Kindle & Kindle Fire

In summary, the author has made the book share-able, but the reader needs to have the book installed on their Kindle Fire and have the author's email address.
babywings76
Gold Member
Does anyone know if it's possible for my husband who has a Kindle Fire to share a book from my sister who has a regular Kindle?

has the author made the book share-able? If so, she should be able to lend it to whoever she wants... (I think she needs his email address).

If not, you can export the file as a mobi file and then email it to someone else's kindle account to have it converted or email it to their email and they can hook up the kindle via usb and drop it into their kindle.

PampChefJoy said:
has the author made the book share-able? If so, she should be able to lend it to whoever she wants... (I think she needs his email address).

If not, you can export the file as a mobi file and then email it to someone else's kindle account to have it converted or email it to their email and they can hook up the kindle via usb and drop it into their kindle.

Is this only Kindle to Kindle Fire? I've tried transferring books between my Kindle and my SIL's Kindle and haven't been successful because the book purchases were "registered" to our own Kindles.

He can look on Amazon under his account > manage my kindle to see if that's how you lend to someone you know. Booklending.com will let you know if a book is lendable. I've been getting a ton of e-books from my public library.

Thanks everyone, I'll let him know and have him check it out. I got him to read the Hunger Games, and he liked it and wants to read the next one. My sister bought the 3 books of that series for her Kindle, so if he could borrow them, it would be nice. I'll have to see if they are "lendable". Thanks! :)

My friend "unregistered" my kindle from me, and registered it under her name, then downloaded her books, then reregistered under me. It worked.

you can share books with anyone for 2 weeks from your kindle account regardless of what type of reader they have. I send books to a friend who just downloaded one of the free kindle reading apps to a pc and it works just fine. They have 7 days to accept the loaned book and once it's accepted, they have it for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, it automatically returns itself to my account. You can only do it once for each book though.

This is why I am not a fan of e-books. Atleast with print, you can lend them, donate them, etc. sorry, I know.....no help to thebquestion. but I have been reading hoping to find a solution also. But I have an iPad, but I usually use the Kindle App., when I use it.

Not all authors allow "lending" for the 2 week thing. I believe it says on the book description on Amazon.com if it's enabled.

That aside, if you can hook up your kindle to the PC via data cable, you can drag and drop the book just like any other file (move the file from 1st kindle to your hard drive, then copy from your hard drive to the 2nd kindle). I do this with my Kindle 2nd gen, but haven't tried yet with the Fire, so I don't know if it works exactly the same way.

What is the difference between a Kindle and a Kindle Fire?

A Kindle is a dedicated e-reader device that is primarily used for reading e-books. It has a black and white screen and does not have the ability to browse the internet or download apps. A Kindle Fire, on the other hand, is a tablet that functions more like a mini computer. It has a color screen, can access the internet, and has the ability to download and use apps.

Can I share books between a Kindle and a Kindle Fire?

Yes, you can share books between a Kindle and a Kindle Fire, as long as both devices are registered to the same Amazon account. This means that any books purchased or downloaded on one device will automatically be available on the other device.

Do I need a separate app to transfer books between a Kindle and a Kindle Fire?

No, you do not need a separate app to transfer books between a Kindle and a Kindle Fire. As long as both devices are registered to the same Amazon account, the books will automatically sync between the two devices.

Can I share books with someone who has a different Amazon account?

No, you cannot share books with someone who has a different Amazon account. Each Kindle or Kindle Fire can only be registered to one Amazon account at a time, so the books will not be accessible on a different account.

Can I share books with someone who has a different type of device, such as an iPad or Nook?

No, you cannot share books with someone who has a different type of device. Kindle and Kindle Fire books are only compatible with Amazon devices, so they cannot be shared with devices from other companies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • pctharper
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • candiejayne