• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grandma's Aprons: A Lasting Reminder of a Simpler Time

In summary, the conversation discusses the nostalgic use of aprons in the past, where they served multiple purposes such as protecting clothing, carrying items, and even acting as a hiding place for shy children. The conversation also touches on the idea of selling aprons to customers and the potential intimidation of wearing chef jackets.
candiejayne
I just got this email, I really liked it so I thought I would share it:

Aprons

I don't think kids today know what an apron is.

The principal use of Grandma's apron was to protect the dress underneath, but along with that, it served as a potholder for removing hot pans from the oven.

It was wonderful for drying children's tears, and on occasion was even used for cleaning out dirty ears

From the chicken coop, the apron was used for carrying eggs, fussy chicks, and sometimes half-hatched eggs to be finished in the warming oven.

When company came, those aprons were ideal hiding places for shy kids.

And when the weather was cold, grandma wrapped it around her arms.

Chips and kindling wood were brought into the kitchen in that apron.

From the garden, it carried all sorts of vegetables. After the peas had been shelled, it carried out the hulls.

In the fall, the apron was used to bring in apples or pecans that had fallen from the trees.

When unexpected company drove up the road, it was surprising how much furniture that old apron could dust in a matter of seconds.

When dinner was ready, Grandma walked out onto the porch, waved her apron, and the men knew it was time to come in from the fields to dinner.

It will be a long time before someone invents something that will replace that
'old-time apron' that served so many purposes.

REMEMBER:
Grandma used to set her hot baked apple pies on the window sill to cool. Her granddaughters set theirs on the window sill to thaw.

Today's generation would go crazy now trying to figure out how many germs were on that apron, but I never heard about anyone catching anything from an Apron.

Send this to those who would know, and love the story about Grandma's aprons.

This is cute and interesting!! Thank you for sharing!

That is lovely.

I like this! Thanks for sharing!

That's really nice

and I wish PC would offer different colored aprons -- I'm getting tired of blue denim...

lol what about them offering aprons to sell to customers, that would be nice, I've been asked by a couple of people if we sell them.

Have you checked out the chef stuff at Merrill? They sell white chef jackets that look pretty spiffy.

I saw those!!! They are NEAT! I want one, but I dont think I'm Chef enough for one!

Great Poem

Love the poem. Yeah Love the chef jackets too, but I think they make PC look too upidity. People like PC because it is so easy. The Chef jackets might intimidate people.

1. What is the material used for Grandma's Aprons?

Grandma's Aprons are made from a high-quality, durable cotton blend fabric that is both comfortable and long-lasting.

2. Are the aprons one size fits all?

Yes, Grandma's Aprons are designed to be one size fits all, with adjustable neck and waist ties to accommodate a variety of body shapes and sizes.

3. Can the aprons be personalized?

Yes, we offer personalization services for Grandma's Aprons. You can add a name, monogram, or custom message to make it a unique and thoughtful gift.

4. Are these aprons machine washable?

Yes, Grandma's Aprons are machine washable for easy and convenient cleaning. We recommend washing them in cold water and tumbling dry on low heat.

5. Can I purchase Grandma's Aprons in bulk for a special event or party?

Yes, we offer bulk ordering options for Grandma's Aprons. Please contact our customer service team for more information and to place your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
trps
  • chef2you
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
csnteacher