• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will Prayers Help Contain the Wild Fires in My City?

In summary, there is a major wild fire burning out of control in an area about 3-5 miles away from where the speaker lives. It was fueled by major high winds and has already burned several houses. Many homes have been evacuated, and the governor has declared a state of emergency for a part of the city. The area is heavily populated and has not experienced a fire in a long time. The speaker asks for prayers for the safety of the firefighters and those affected by the fire. However, there is some good news as the wind has died down and the weather is becoming more favorable for containment.
MissChef
Gold Member
We have a major wild fire burning out of control in an area about 3-5 miles away from where I live. It was fueled my major high winds that hit us today. It has burned some really nice houses, and quite a bit of homes have been evacuated (about 44 blocks north and south and 2 miles east and west... it is a very large area. The Govenor came over from Seattle, and has declared part of our city called Dishman Mica Hills and the Spokane Valley as a state of emergency! The area that is burning is a beautiful area with ALOT of trees and it has been dry here for about 2-3 weeks, so the wind and dry conditions have made this crazy. When it first started happening, I was really glued to my TV because it was a little to close for comfort for me! You could walk out my door and just look East and just see the smoke billowing, but luckily for me and my part of the city, we are on the west side and it is growing to the south east! I'm thankful that it is not affecting us but sick to my stomach for the people who are being forced to evacuate and the ones that have lost their homes, and the ones that are staying at their homes, fighting it with hoses and any other way they can! Crazy stuff! Our city hasn't dealt with a fire in this area in a long time and it is heavily populated!
There are other fires all over the city too, but this is the biggest, most serious, out of control one.
So that is why I ask for prayer! :angel: Please keep us and my fellow Spokane city neighbors in your prayers. One peice of good news is that the wind has died down quite a bit, and they have ok'd the planes to help fight it before, the smoke was to crazy because of the wind and they couldn't send any planes out. Also, our weather was 85 degrees today but it cooled down with the winds and tonight we are suppossed to drop down to the high 40's which is EXCELLENT for the fire fighters, and tomorrow the winds are suppossed to be calm. So that is good news. I just would love prayer, because I so believe in the power of prayer and I know it's God's will to protect all these people, because He loves all his children. I just want people to stand with me in prayer that these fire fighters can gain the upper hand tonight and get this fire contained so that no more homes are lost and no people injured!
Thanks everyone!:angel:

MissChef said:
We have a major wild fire burning out of control in an area about 3-5 miles away from where I live. It was fueled my major high winds that hit us today. It has burned some really nice houses, and quite a bit of homes have been evacuated (about 44 blocks north and south and 2 miles east and west... it is a very large area. The Govenor came over from Seattle, and has declared part of our city called Dishman Mica Hills and the Spokane Valley as a state of emergency! The area that is burning is a beautiful area with ALOT of trees and it has been dry here for about 2-3 weeks, so the wind and dry conditions have made this crazy. When it first started happening, I was really glued to my TV because it was a little to close for comfort for me! You could walk out my door and just look East and just see the smoke billowing, but luckily for me and my part of the city, we are on the west side and it is growing to the south east! I'm thankful that it is not affecting us but sick to my stomach for the people who are being forced to evacuate and the ones that have lost their homes, and the ones that are staying at their homes, fighting it with hoses and any other way they can! Crazy stuff! Our city hasn't dealt with a fire in this area in a long time and it is heavily populated!
There are other fires all over the city too, but this is the biggest, most serious, out of control one.
So that is why I ask for prayer! :angel: Please keep us and my fellow Spokane city neighbors in your prayers. One peice of good news is that the wind has died down quite a bit, and they have ok'd the planes to help fight it before, the smoke was to crazy because of the wind and they couldn't send any planes out. Also, our weather was 85 degrees today but it cooled down with the winds and tonight we are suppossed to drop down to the high 40's which is EXCELLENT for the fire fighters, and tomorrow the winds are suppossed to be calm. So that is good news. I just would love prayer, because I so believe in the power of prayer and I know it's God's will to protect all these people, because He loves all his children. I just want people to stand with me in prayer that these fire fighters can gain the upper hand tonight and get this fire contained so that no more homes are lost and no people injured!
Thanks everyone!:angel:
Hey- go use your authority as a believer to tell those winds and fire to calm down in the Name of Jesus and be STILL!!! ;)

OH Cathy, how horrible! I'm sending prayers your way girlfriend.

Prayers are coming your way Cathy!

Cathy I just read on King 5 News that Gov. Gregoire delcared a state of emergency over there and you were the first person I thought of.

I pray that the wind diminish and no one else loses their home and you and your family stay safe.

Kitchen Diva said:
Hey- go use your authority as a believer to tell those winds and fire to calm down in the Name of Jesus and be STILL!!! ;)

Oh trust me my Diva Friend, my DD was exercising her authority last night!! We were in her room doing the nighttime routine, reading, hugging, loving, and prayers, (oh yeah and some giggling, must have some giggling!;):D) and as she was saying her prayers, I reminded her of the fires and to pray for the firefighters and people in those homes both burned and in danger of being burned and let me tell you, there was no more giggling, she got serious and she started telling those fires and those winds to "go away in the name of Jesus!" I was praying with her and we agreed and I know when 2 or more people are gathered in His name, He really is moved to do great things!! He hears our prayers AND the firefighters are making progress and the evacuations have been reduced by about 1/3, because they are starting to get the upper hand! Only a couple more houses burned last night, and that is terrible for them and my heart goes out to those people, but at least it wasn't more than that! Also, the winds are gone this morning, I was just outside with the dog and I couldn't even see the leaves in the trees moving, and it suppossed to be a lot cooler today! So this is good news, I will keep you updated!

Thank you to all of you who are praying, keep it up, it is working!:thumbup:

Man....know what you're going through...North Calif is awful too. The sun was pink yesterday because of all the smoke...keep you in our prayers!

1. How do major wildfires start in my city?

Major wildfires in your city can start from a variety of causes, including lightning strikes, human activities such as campfires or discarded cigarettes, and natural events like drought or strong winds.

2. What can I do to prepare for a major wildfire?

It is important to have an emergency plan in place in case of a major wildfire. This can include creating a defensible space around your home, having an evacuation plan, and staying informed about any evacuation orders or alerts.

3. How can I protect my home from a major wildfire?

There are several steps you can take to protect your home from a major wildfire. This includes keeping your roof and gutters clear of debris, using fire-resistant materials in your home's construction, and having a water source available for firefighting efforts.

4. What should I do if a major wildfire is approaching my area?

If a major wildfire is approaching your area, it is important to follow any evacuation orders given by local authorities. You should also gather important documents and belongings, shut off gas and electricity, and leave as soon as possible.

5. How can I help those affected by a major wildfire in my city?

There are several ways to help those affected by a major wildfire in your city. You can donate to organizations providing aid to wildfire victims, volunteer at a shelter or donation center, or offer support and assistance to friends and neighbors who may have been affected.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • peichef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies