• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

October HWC Update: Why the Change and What You Need to Know?

In summary, Hwc, or Hacktoberfest, is held in October because it is a special time for the open-source community and coincides with other major tech events. This timing allows for focused and dedicated work on open-source projects, cross-collaboration, and increased participation. While Hwc could potentially be held in a different month, October has proven to be the most successful and beneficial time for the event.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Did I miss something? I'm on CC searching past CNs trying to see what I might have missed. We always do this in May so I was wondering why we're also doing it in October this year. And also they can only order on my PWS is that correct? Sorry, it may be the drugs I'm on but I'm so confused, so thanks for your patience :)

Edited to add: Okay, I'm reading the Sept CN and it states October - Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Wasn't May BCAM?

yes, online only.And because Oct is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Was May as well and they have two months or was May called something different Deb?

May is just our special HWC month. Oct is the national Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Hi there! It sounds like you may have missed the announcement about our special October promotion for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This year, we are doing a special campaign in October in addition to our usual May campaign. As for ordering, you are correct that customers can only order through your personal website. I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your support and dedication to this important cause!

1. Why is Hwc in October?

Hwc, or Hacktoberfest, is an annual event that takes place in October. This month was chosen because it is a special time for the open-source community, as it marks the beginning of fall and a time for people to come together and celebrate their love for coding and collaboration.

2. Is there a specific reason why Hwc is held in October?

Yes, Hwc is held in October for a few reasons. Firstly, it coincides with other major events in the tech world, such as Hacktoberfest and Hacktoberfest. Secondly, October is a great time for people to come together and work on open-source projects, as the weather is getting colder and people are spending more time indoors.

3. Are there any benefits to having Hwc in October?

Absolutely! Having Hwc in October allows for a focused and dedicated time for people to work on open-source projects. It also provides an opportunity for individuals and teams to learn new skills, collaborate with others, and contribute to the open-source community.

4. How does the timing of Hwc in October affect the event?

The timing of Hwc in October has a big impact on the event. Since October is a popular month for other tech events, it allows for cross-collaboration and increased participation. It also sets a specific time frame for individuals and teams to work on projects, creating a sense of urgency and motivation.

5. Is there a reason why Hwc is not held in a different month?

While Hwc could potentially be held in a different month, October has proven to be the most successful and beneficial time for the event. It allows for maximum participation and excitement within the open-source community. Plus, it's a fun way to celebrate the fall season with fellow coders!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• topchef.heather
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kncmurray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
allisonserna
  • kzuley