• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tell Me What You Think Before I Send This to All My Contacts.....

send this newsletter to everyone who signs up?Yes, I will send this newsletter to everyone who signs up.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Help Whip Cancer Team Leaders Wanted:
I am looking for 20 team leaders to sell 20 pink items this may. For every pink item sold a $1 is donated to the American Cancer Society. Also 20% of all sales will be donated to the American Cancer Society. I am rewarding every team leader who sells 20 pink items w/ the pink Trio Bowl for FREE.(View all Pink Items Below)

My Goal for this year is to sell 400 pink items in May, you can make a difference!
Why this is Important to me?
Last year My mom was diagnosed w/ cancer in May, luckily she caught it early and treatment worked for her. My grandmother on the other hand was not so lucky, she died a few years ago from Breast Cancer. Research can help us beat this disease, please join me and let’s Help Whip Breast Cancer

I am putting this in my newsletter, tell me what you think.....

I think it's great! Good luck with that! My grandma beat breast cancer! It really hits home!

I put something similar in mine, but asking for people to "sell" 10 and I'm doing a drawing for a bag of goodies though everyone selling 10 is rewarded. My sister died 2 years ago from breast cancer and May is her bday month so this is super important for me. Something active to do. Good luck!!

Awesome!! I think that's great!

Okay, I will start sending this in the morning, unless someone comes on and says whoa don't do that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't sounding like a nut.Thanks Guys!

I think it's awesome! One question though, is the line "Why this is important to me?" supposed to be "Why is this important to me? or am I reading it wrong because I'm so tired and should really be in bed?

To me it sounds fine both ways, I don't know maybe I am tired too.

I'd just switch the wording out a bit... because you start with "I" and it's a turn off. Start with what they can get, then if they want it, they will read on... It needs to be about what they can get...

I agree with Colleen. It is nice that you are doing it for a personal reason. Good luck :)

coolWhat a neat idea! Can you post on here what you success is once you send it back?

How about this????

Do you want to earn the Limited Edition Trio Bowl for FREE? Here's how: Become one of my Help Whip Cancer Team leaders and sell 20 pink items & earn the Trio Bowl for FREE. For every pink item sold a $1 is donated to the American Cancer Society, plus 20% of all sales will also be donated to the American Cancer Society. For every team leader there will be a special gift for helping make a difference in the fight against Breast Cancer.

My Goal for this year is to sell 400 pink items in May, you can make a difference!
Last year My mom was diagnosed w/ cancer in May, luckily she caught it early and treatment worked for her. My grandmother on the other hand was not so lucky, she died a few years ago from Breast Cancer. Research can help us beat this disease, please join me and let’s Help Whip Breast Cancer

I REALLY like it!

Hmm.....another option (so it will be including ALL the people you send it to) would be something like - "Breast Cancer has affected so many of our lives - including me. So please help support the ACS - together we can make a difference...."

I dont' know... I think it sounds really good either way. I think it is a fabulous idea. :)

pamperedalf said:
How about this????

Do you want to earn the Limited Edition Trio Bowl for FREE? Here's how: Become one of my Help Whip Cancer Team leaders and sell 20 pink items & earn the Trio Bowl for FREE. For every pink item sold a $1 is donated to the American Cancer Society, plus 20% of all sales will also be donated to the American Cancer Society. For every team leader there will be a special gift for helping make a difference in the fight against Breast Cancer.

Hi Amanda!
I think that sounds great. Wonderful idea. So, you'll just do each "team leader's" show as their own catalog show? What's your special gift? I haven't sent out my May newsletter yet, but maybe I'll stick this in there. I have been promoting May like crazy since it's a cause near and dear to my heart (lost my grandma and great-grandma to breast cancer) and I truly don't have many dates left for cooking shows, so this is a really easy way to do it. If you're going to set up each show online, you can maybe put that blurb in there so they know it's REALLY easy to get orders since they can send people right to your website.

Let us know how it goes!!!

Becky, I was thinking a season's best, and if they do sell 20 they get the trio bowl for free or an $8 credit towards the rec platter. I don't want to give the bank away..... what do you think!I was also going to post this on my website.... I already have 3 team leaders so far and 30 pink items sold so far.

Jenna I love that line thank you!

pamperedalf said:
Becky, I was thinking a season's best, and if they do sell 20 they get the trio bowl for free or an $8 credit towards the rec platter. I don't want to give the bank away..... what do you think!

I was also going to post this on my website.... I already have 3 team leaders so far and 30 pink items sold so far.
I think it sounds great. You're already off to a great start! Now I'm motivated to get my newsletter out today! I have emails to add to my newsletter list though...about 10 shows worth, so I want to do add those in before I send this out. Great idea! So you'll just have them keep the show open for the whole month of May pretty much? Maybe even offer a little incentive if they get any of THEIR friends to do the same thing, but tell them they'd need to let you know by a certain date so there's enough time for that other team leader to gather orders.

That's a nice free gift. Or if you have any surplus of any pink products, you could always do that. I bought a bunch of the little mini jar candles from The Breast Cancer Site to give as a special gift to all my Cooking Show hosts, but if I have any left over, I may give them to the team leaders as well.

For some reason I don't like the phrase: "Why this is Important to me?" It sounds better to me to say, "Why is this important to me?" It just sounds more like a sentence than a fragment to me... But I could be wrong. Where are the grammar police when you need them?? ;) Kidding, kidding...Anyway, thanks for the inspiration - I need to get my newsletter out, too!

jbachen said:
For some reason I don't like the phrase: "Why this is Important to me?" It sounds better to me to say, "Why is this important to me?" It just sounds more like a sentence than a fragment to me... But I could be wrong. Where are the grammar police when you need them?? ;) Kidding, kidding...

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration - I need to get my newsletter out, too!

Probably does not sound right because this: "Why this is Important to me?" is not a question but it has a question mark.

This is a question and has the correct punctuation: "Why is this important to me?"

Hi Amanda, I sure hope you don't mind, but I have "borrowed" this, tweaked it a tiny bit and sent it to my customers! It has helped me get a bit more motivated for selling those pink products! Here is what I said:

Do you want to earn the Limited Edition Trio Bowl for FREE? OR The Simple Additions Rectangle Platter & Woven Selections Rectangle Server for only $21? Here's how: Become one of my Help Whip Cancer Team leaders and sell 20 pink items & earn the Trio Bowl for FREE. For every pink item sold a $1 is donated to the American Cancer Society, plus 20% of all sales will also be donated to the American Cancer Society. For every team leader there will be a special gift for helping make a difference in the fight against Breast Cancer.

Why this is Important to me? For the same reason it is probably important to you~so many of us know or are someone affected by breast cancer! I would love to have my daughter never have to worry about this disease! How about you?

Contact me today to get the necessary information. Thank you in advance.

what a cool idea!Amanda - I TOTALLY LOVE this idea! :thumbup:

Meg - I love the way you have it put together - it sounds great!

Steal Away.....Meg don't feel bad for stealing. That's part of the reason why I shared the info. I have gotten so many great ideas from this site that has made me more successful as a consultant.

I also wanted to upload the order form I am sending them. I stole it from here, see no reinventing the wheel here. Thanks for all your feedback.

Attachments

• PC HWC 08 order form.doc
    135.5 KB · Views: 293
Thank you Amanda. I think this is a great idea and my May could sure use a boost!!

Am I being dense? If they sell 20 of the $5 items, they don't have a qualifying show and can't get one of the Host Specials. What am I missing?

Amanda,

Thank you for sharing. I'm going to use your order form; however, how are you collecting for shipping?

I have done this a few years in a row, where the shipping & tax in the price of the item and everyone knows it goes under 1 or 2 names.Jeanie, I am hoping that they don't sell 20 of the $5 items, I want them to sell the larger items. Not everyone will buy just 1 item that is why I put the seasons best as an added bennie of buying 3 pink items. I can always add an order to that from ones I am getting doing cc calls. I hope this makes sense. Teacher brain, not quite there yet, still testing.

Thanks for the idea!
I sent it out like this:

Do you want to win the Limited Edition Pink Trio Bowl for FREE?

Here's how:
Become one of my Help Whip Cancer Team Leaders during the month of May.
For every 20 pink items you sell, you'll receive one entry for the Pink Trio Bowl or The Simple Additions Rectangle Platter & Woven Selections Rectangle Server.
See attached fliers for team leader raffle items (host) and for items that can be purchased (guest).

For every pink item sold a $1 is donated to the American Cancer Society, plus 20% of all sales will also be donated to the American Cancer Society.

My Goal for this year is to sell 150+ pink items in May Will you help me with this goal?

Each team leader will also receive a special gift from me for helping make a difference in the fight against Breast Cancer.

Why is this important to me?
For the same reason it is probably important to you ~ so many of us know or are someone affected by breast cancer!

Contact me today to get the necessary information. Thank you in advance.

With a little help from everyone, we can Help Whip Cancer!
Lindsay

How are people doing with this idea? I hope it's going well! I'm getting ready to send out my newsletter and I'm putting this as one of the first items. usually I put a whole bunch of options as to how people can help out this month, but I don't want to confuse them, so I think I'll just do the blurb about the Team Leaders and also let people know they can place individual orders.

I'd love to hear how others are doing!

I have had only one person step up as a team leader.....

Update.....Okay I am done for the month. Not many team leaders did much, but it was still successful. I sold drum roll...............155 pink items and closed the month at $3500 in sales. It worked better than I thought it would.

A lot of people had a hard time w/ it. When I saw the products I thought they were great, but the kitchen brush was my best seller at 78.

How did everyone else do???

Amanda - GOOD JOB! :thumbup: That is frickin' AWESOME!

You received a response like that JUST from sending out the email you ran past us? Did you have to do CCC to check and see how everyone is doing or to give them your deadline date?

I am impressed! :sing:

Well I sent the email out and there are people who do it every year for me. I set yesterday as my deadline so I can have it in on time. I made some calls and others called me w/ their orders. It was bigger than last year, next year even bigger.Thank you for your cheering Jenna.

OF COURSE I AM CHEERING!!! That is AMAZING! :D

1. What is the purpose of the "Help Whip Cancer" campaign?

The purpose of the "Help Whip Cancer" campaign is to raise money and awareness for the fight against cancer, specifically breast cancer. By selling pink items, a $1 donation will be made to the American Cancer Society for every item sold, and 20% of all sales will also be donated to the American Cancer Society.

2. What are the qualifications to become a team leader for this campaign?

To become a team leader, you must sell 20 pink items during the month of May. This can be achieved by reaching out to your contacts and promoting the pink items. As a reward for reaching this goal, team leaders will receive a free pink Trio Bowl.

3. How many pink items are you hoping to sell in May?

The goal for this year's campaign is to sell 400 pink items in the month of May. This will make a significant contribution to the fight against breast cancer and help fund important research.

4. Why is this campaign important to you?

This campaign is important to me because I have personally been affected by cancer. My mother was diagnosed with cancer in May and was lucky enough to catch it early and receive successful treatment. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away from breast cancer a few years ago. I believe that by raising money and awareness, we can make a difference in the fight against this disease.

5. How can I get involved in the "Help Whip Cancer" campaign?

You can get involved by becoming a team leader and selling pink items to your contacts. You can also spread the word to others and encourage them to participate. Any contribution, big or small, can make a difference in the fight against cancer. Together, we can help whip breast cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • whiteyteresa