1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Now I'm confused!

Tags:
  1. nbittermann

nbittermann Novice Member

Hi all- I was talking with a member of my directors team and she was telling me all this stuff I haven't heard yet. First- you can't use the PC logo until your a director? Not on business cards or the car decals? I made my own bus. cards and have the logo on them. I had no idea. Do I need to make new cards? Also she was talking about recruiting and how you need 2 people to become future director, but shouldn't until you have at least 4 and become a director when you have at least 7 cause if someone drops out you lose your title? She also said you don't make any money on your first line recruits only 2nd line recruits. I have never heard any of this before!! Can someone explain to me how you get paid from recruits? Do you recieve a % of thir commission? I have no clue how any of this works-I've only been doing this for 3 months. Please clue me in on any info. Thanks so much! Nicole

Jul 18, 2005
  2. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

How long has she been in?

She has given you some false information. At Consultant's Corner there is a link that outlines how you can use the logo. There is one logo that only Director's can use, BUT all consultants may use a logo on marketing materials. Look under the DOWNLOADS tab then click on Advertising and Publicity.

You only need 2 recruits to become a Future Director. As a Future Director you will receive a 1% commission override on your sales and your 1st line cluster sales when you reach $1250 in sales for that month.

To become a Director you need 5 personal qualified recruits. To maintain Directorship you must have cluster sales of at least $4000, along with some other things (I am not sure, not there yet)

I would sit down with my Recipe for Success and review the main points of the business structure. Also, if you have a recruiting binder some of this information is in there. On our Paperwork/Supply order form we can order Rewards booklets 10 for $1.25 they pretty much spell out the whole enchilada. I recommend keeping those on-hand.

Good luck!! Sorry she confused you.

Jul 19, 2005
  3. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Oops!!

I just went and looked at the Publicity site and I now remember that a year or so ago they allowed everyone to use the logo with the hat. That logo used to be reserved for Directors.

Jul 19, 2005
  4. nbittermann

nbittermann Novice Member

so we can use the logo?

Ok so we can use the logo with the hat on it? I had downloaded the logos off of the website. I thought they were for everyone. Do I need to get new cards or can I use the ones with the chef hat on them?

Jul 19, 2005
  5. Yes, the logo is fine to use. It USED to be only for directiors, but they've allowed everyone to use it now. Your cards are fine :)

6. janel kelly

janel kelly Advanced Member

Maybe your director was recommending that you should only accept directorship if you have 7 people because of people under you possibly quitting the biz. I can see what she is saying because I can imagine it would be dissappointing to become director only to lose it a little while later because somone has decided not to sell PC anymore. I think though that if you believe in your recruits and really keep them motivated and help them as much as you can that it wouldn't be a problem to accept being a director. Its up to you though. I also would be curious as to the commission we make off of our recruits. This has never been explained to me before either.

Jul 19, 2005
  7. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

As a director if you have at least $350 in personal sales and your team's total sales equals at least $4000 (including your sales) you receive a 3% increase in YOUR sales percentage and 3% of the total sales of your first and second line. All this is IF you maintain at least 5 first line consultants (you need 5 personally recruited consultants qualified and active to get directorship but once you get it the 5 consultants to not have to be PERSNALLy recruited).

Hope this helps.

Jul 23, 2005
Have something to add?